• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Agree with Parklane. Davies is the better defender IMV. Rose has improved don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's been our best player this season. I would say Lloris has been personally. Or possibly Chadli.

From what you have seen, do you think Davies is a Top4 player?

Defensively, Rose has been average at best. I'm not disagreeing that he's been one of our best players this season though, mainly due to passion he has shown and going forward he's been good. Davies' performance against Everton was real good and it doest surprise me that since Davies has been in our line up (Hull and Everton) we looked solid defensively.

I think the three you've mentioned are all in with a shout as our best this season but Rose is certainly in the conversation. I would say calling Rose defense average this season is harsh he has dealt with some calamity pairings in cb and bailed us out numerous times with his pace and covering

That all being said I have been impressed with Davies occasionally especially Sunday and he will definitely play a part this and upcoming seasons I have no doubt

Why not be happy we have two good, young players fighting for the LB spot?

And very different options, like when we were spoilt for choice with Corluka and Walker.

Davies as the defensively-strong pinpoint-crosser, and Rose as the assertive runner.

And very different options, like when we were spoilt for choice with Corluka and Walker.

Davies as the defensively-strong pinpoint-crosser, and Rose as the assertive runner.

I think the jury is still out on how defensively strong Davies is, but his crossing does indeed look pinpoint.

Definitely. And we've seen in other positions before how important competition for places can be.

Hopefully at least one of Rose and Davies pushes on from their current levels.

cPYvRjF.gif

From what you saw, did you think Phillip Neville and Nicky Butt were top four players?

I can see where you are coming from here. I personally did think they were. I'll also never forget Nicky Butt's performance against Argentina in the 2002 World Cup. Absolutely, flawlessly world class in the holding mid role. I've never heard so many blokes shouting 'I love Butt' in the pub before.

This... I don't understand why it seems like there are these camps within our supporters where in praising one of our players you have to slate another of our players?

This... I don't understand why it seems like there are these camps within our supporters where in praising one of our players you have to slate another of our players?

Completely agree, happens so often on here; keane v Defoe, lloris v friedel, ade v Soldado, Corluka v walker. ALL of whom are actually good in their own right but it seems some went out of there way to call one or the other sh1t.

I've not really noticed much of that in this thread? As I say, too early for me to assess Davies. But yeah, I know what you mean. Like Ade vs. Soldado. Not much chance there of 'Why not be happy we have two good players fighting for the position?'

From what you saw, did you think Phillip Neville and Nicky Butt were top four players?

My question there was directed more for Jurgen since he asked this of Rose early in the season. Rose has since improved from then, so wondered if he thought Rose is more of a top4 player now (he doesn't). And, since he applied that criteria to Rose, also wondered what he thought of Davies in the same context.

Ben davies is by far better than rose, I can't see us going any where with rose our LB. Davies should have further improvment but till that He is more accepted than rose as he do little mistakes in defence and don't lose ball so easily in attack as rose do.

From what you have seen, do you think Davies is a Top4 player?

Well at the moment no, but he is only 21 ( 3 years younger then Rose) and is still learning the game so maybe he will one day, as for Rose he is not a top four FB and I can not see him becoming one either.

Great bit of play in that .gif. :) Tenacity, effort, strength, bit of pace. And then after winning the ball he shows the composure and skill to find a team mate to potentially set up a counter attack instead of just booting it (like a lot of players would I think)

Was ok tonight - definitely did some good things but defensively got caught out a bit and I am sorry but If rose loses his place to this guy at this time then something is wrong.

100% a great prospect to be our number one left black but talk of replacing Rose is very premature (of course 80% of Spurs fans will
Disagree)

Back