• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

This argument will rumble on all season, but for what it's worth, my opinion is that whilst Rose does get forward he doesn't always pick his moments well and can be caught out. On the defensive side, I think they aren't as far apart as some but Davies does still out score Rose in that area.

I think Davies will continue to improve the more games he plays and probably turn out to be a great signing IMO.

eriksen's goal came from davies' pass.

You mean he passed it to Eriksen who then cut inside, worked a yard of space and then shot through the guys legs on purpose to hit the near post. Its not like it was an incisive though ball, a knock down or a great cross. It was a pass and then Eriksen did the rest. Also one swallow does not a summer make.

Just go back to the tape. Look at the first half. And then see all the crosses that came in from his side that Bony could have scored from. And then see the goal we conceded as well. He allowed their wingers too much space to cover up for his lack of space, which they took advantage of by swinging in cross after cross.

You mean he passed it to Eriksen who then cut inside, worked a yard of space and then shot through the guys legs on purpose to hit the near post. Its not like it was an incisive though ball, a knock down or a great cross. It was a pass and then Eriksen did the rest. Also one swallow does not a summer make.

Just go back to the tape. Look at the first half. And then see all the crosses that came in from his side that Bony could have scored from. And then see the goal we conceded as well. He allowed their wingers too much space to cover up for his lack of space, which they took advantage of by swinging in cross after cross.

Er no, it wasnt a simple pass look at the way the ball dropped to Davies you had to demonstrate skill to provide the perfect weighted pass with players around Eriksen aswell....

You mean this pass:

UntimelyParallelIsabellinewheatear.gif

Yes it can be described as "he passed it to Eriksen". I really think at least slightly more positive descriptions are apt though.

Good first touch to control the bouncing ball. Spots Eriksen, the only properly attacking pass he can make, and pings a perfect pass in between two Swansea players to find him.

If this is just a standard pass your standards are pretty high I would say. Even Ekotto would have been proud of that pass.

You mean this pass:

UntimelyParallelIsabellinewheatear.gif

Yes it can be described as "he passed it to Eriksen". I really think at least slightly more positive descriptions are apt though.

Good first touch to control the bouncing ball. Spots Eriksen, the only properly attacking pass he can make, and pings a perfect pass in between two Swansea players to find him.

If this is just a standard pass your standards are pretty high I would say. Even Ekotto would have been proud of that pass.

I get your point. And somewhat agree with it. Whilst I dont think he made the goal it was a good pass to get it to Eriksen. But I would still put it down to an assist by association rather then outright making a goal. That was my point.

Another Great Game??? that is way overstating what he has done since he came in for Rose. He has been steady at best. He offers virtually nothing going forward and when you play with two sitting midfielders like we do then that is not a good thing. He Did not track Routledge for their goal and he let lots of crosses come in from the right Hand side. That last ditch tackle aside he was poor. I cant wait to have Rose back myself. More tenacious and better at occupying oppositions wingers.

You'll be waiting.

I get your point. And somewhat agree with it. Whilst I dont think he made the goal it was a good pass to get it to Eriksen. But I would still put it down to an assist by association rather then outright making a goal. That was my point.

What do you mean by "outright making a goal?" Are there examples from our team this season?

Assist by association? No... Just not buying that at all. Freeze the .gif when Ben Davies receives the ball. Is that somehow an easy and obvious ball to play? Hell to the no.

Another Great Game??? that is way overstating what he has done since he came in for Rose. He has been steady at best. He offers virtually nothing going forward and when you play with two sitting midfielders like we do then that is not a good thing. He Did not track Routledge for their goal and he let lots of crosses come in from the right Hand side. That last ditch tackle aside he was poor. I cant wait to have Rose back myself. More tenacious and better at occupying oppositions wingers.

Defensively still better than Rose who jogs back when out of position. Davies was poor for the goal point taken, but very good besides that.

Sandman is utterly mental :) He must be related to rose. Loved how he was I stantly proven wrong in Davies fanatastic work on the goal.

What's also great is its yet another goal created by pressing high up the pitch.

Davies defensively is light years ahead of Rose that it's quite embarrassing comparing that aspect of their game.

Rose is a good option though, against the lower teams though that'll tend to sit back, him and Walker as full backs would be nice. But I mean that's all rose brings from full back, pace and willingness to get forward. His final ball isn't even as good as Davies'

Interestingly, Davies has played centre half very well for Wales and Laudrup said at Swansea that his future position would be centre half. So could be a good option to have if we want both him and rose. When rose goes forward, Davies covers and a midfielder drops back.

i'll say this for rose aswell,if you have Eriksen infront of you, you be left marking two men plus the space behind you most of the game,Eriksen isn't the most defensive player to have confidence on,going forward fair enough.

With Swansea goal and i've seen them a few times,thats a typical Swansea goal,a quick give and go,you could ask where was Fazio or vertonghen covering for him or the marking for Bony another typical pull back,we were so slow for those first twenty minutes of the second half we could have gone 3-1 down in that time.

I can't believe people picking holes in Davies game where he produced the tackle of the season so far,created the second goal plus having the pressure of playing in front of his 'home' fans for the first time,sums up people on this board,the soccer manager officanados of the world mmmmmmmm.

Davies defensively is light years ahead of Rose that it's quite embarrassing comparing that aspect of their game.

Rose is a good option though, against the lower teams though that'll tend to sit back, him and Walker as full backs would be nice. But I mean that's all rose brings from full back, pace and willingness to get forward. His final ball isn't even as good as Davies'

Interestingly, Davies has played centre half very well for Wales and Laudrup said at Swansea that his future position would be centre half. So could be a good option to have if we want both him and rose. When rose goes forward, Davies covers and a midfielder drops back.

Sorry but I think that is unfair on Rose - if all he had was pace and a willingness to get forward he would have been taken to the cleaners by opposing wingers plenty of times this season but the fact is until his injury he was performing well.

To say Davies is the better defender thats fine, he is the more solid defender for sure. But to say he is 'light years ahead' you are either massively overrating Davies or underselling Rose....

Sorry but I think that is unfair on Rose - if all he had was pace and a willingness to get forward he would have been taken to the cleaners by opposing wingers plenty of times this season but the fact is until his injury he was performing well.

To say Davies is the better defender thats fine, he is the more solid defender for sure. But to say he is 'light years ahead' you are either massively overrating Davies or underselling Rose....

Agreed. Rose has done well this season.

He has been found sleeping on many occasions this season. I like Rose and he's improved tremendously but Davies is a defender. Rose is a failed winger.

I think we saw how playing in a place where you feel at home really helps a player. Where Davies had looked hesitant in the past his touch and approach was full of confidence playing against his old side. If only we could exhibit such confidence at home at the Lane. Really need to get behind the team and push them on at home.

Back