• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Nope. But he was far too good not to be pushed forward.

Players attributes fit different positions. Bale wasn't the best fullback. He was outstanding attacking from wide. Rose can be an excellent full back. We're lucky to have both him and Davies, and we've already needed both to cover injury. Both should get plenty of games and push each other.

This everytime.

Explain how Davies has been caught out for more goals this year in less games and often against lesser opposition. For a team to score, generally someone has to make a mistake and i like Davies and Rose, but explain to me why Rose gets ridiculed for any mistake he makes and most of Davies aren't even mentioned. For example, for Nottingham forest's goal against us, that was schoolboy defending by him yet it didn't even get mentioned?

All I ask for is to give people a fair crack even if you don't like them

No one has said Davies hasn't made mistakes though. We are simply saying Rose has been found sleeping on occasions and defending isn't his biggest attribute in the first place. He is good going forward but then lacks final ball.

As has been said numerous times, they're both good options to have and arguably have got the best out of one another and that's good to see. Rose against teams that defend and sit back. Davies against the good teams.

Explain how Davies has been caught out for more goals this year in less games and often against lesser opposition. For a team to score, generally someone has to make a mistake and i like Davies and Rose, but explain to me why Rose gets ridiculed for any mistake he makes and most of Davies aren't even mentioned. For example, for Nottingham forest's goal against us, that was schoolboy defending by him yet it didn't even get mentioned?

Absolutely this.

No one has said Davies hasn't made mistakes though. We are simply saying Rose has been found sleeping on occasions and defending isn't his biggest attribute in the first place. He is good going forward but then lacks final ball.

As has been said numerous times, they're both good options to have and arguably have got the best out of one another and that's good to see. Rose against teams that defend and sit back. Davies against the good teams.

I agree with that. But when people start with Rose is a failed winger, when the truth is he's simply been moved to left back, then that says more about a pre-judgement made upon him, than anything else.

Defensively both have been comparable. Davies has always been more disposed to defending and Rose attacking, but Rose this season had been a new player shedding his rashness and also pulling out some fantastic tackles to lead to many declaring him a MOM contender for most of his games pre-injury. People need to give both a fair crack rather than let their personal preferences influence them.

I liked what John Hartson said on the radio after Davies made that challenge:

"That is like when a player comes back to his former club and scores a goal, that's how good a challenge it was."

Maybe this kid is what we need, could be the same swap we saw with Hutton and Corluka, the former's strength in attacking being replaced by the latter's strengh in defending. Hope he keeps up the good work.

Says the one who wrote Fazio off after a couple of games. :ross:

Lol this everytime? Davies has been caught on enough times this season. I think overall Davies is the better defender but lets not pretend Davies hasn't made a few mistakes in his short Spurs career so far....

You are right all players make mistakes, with Rose though it happens far more often.

I can not imagine taht some people say that rose is better than davies. Rose is just a stu*** player right now, I don't say he hasn't potential, he showed some improvment and he remebered me with walker start- who became NO 1 or 2 RB in the leaguge- but until he stop doing his silly play, I can not support him. Actually I think some support him due to the fact that he is homegrown player.

I get your point. And somewhat agree with it. Whilst I dont think he made the goal it was a good pass to get it to Eriksen. But I would still put it down to an assist by association rather then outright making a goal. That was my point.

I think we need to give credit to the pass before the pass. Just like Modric used to often make the pass to the player who got an assist, I think we need to recognize Ashley Richards' ball to start the move.

These anti-Rose posts are based on what? He hasn't been playing for a month! Are they based on last season - where people nailed their colours to the mast and declared him worse than something they scrape off their shoe? Or based upon the games he played this season? Can anyone slating him recall those games?

The shift that Davies put in against Swansea was proper quality. I think he got off to a slow start with us and did indeed make some unfortunate errors. But he has been improving every week and hopefully the Swansea match won't be a one-off case of him upping his game against a past club. Because based on that performance, there's no question he should be starting ahead of Rose right now.

That said, I've never been Rose's biggest fan but he has also started to up his game of late and I'm actually starting to feel pretty happy about our left-backs. And if Walker is genuinely physically recovered and can also recover his sharpness, then - along with Naughton, Dier and (assuming he's any good) Yedlin; I think we're sorted for full-backs.

The shift that Davies put in against Swansea was proper quality. I think he got off to a slow start with us and did indeed make some unfortunate errors. But he has been improving every week and hopefully the Swansea match won't be a one-off case of him upping his game against a past club. Because based on that performance, there's no question he should be starting ahead of Rose right now.

That said, I've never been Rose's biggest fan but he has also started to up his game of late and I'm actually starting to feel pretty happy about our left-backs. And if Walker is genuinely physically recovered and can also recover his sharpness, then - along with Naughton, Dier and (assuming he's any good) Yedlin; I think we're sorted for full-backs.

Did you think there was a large difference in quality from him against Swansea compared to the previous 3 games he played (Everton, Chelsea and Palace). I didn't.

Just posted this in the Danny Rose thread, but prob should have gone here (sorry mods!!)…

Was at the game last night and imo Davies was one of our poorest players.

He gave the ball away several times in obvs dangerous areas given his defensive position. Ok, so he put in a few defensive blocks that went for corners, but he was only up against League One opposition FFS. Campbell-Ryce looked a threat, purely because Davies allowed him to look like one.

My main gripe was that he offered diddly-squat going forwards in a tie where we were desperate for extra bodies in the last third. Time after time we were screaming for additional support on the flanks to stretch their defensive barrage, but he was either too reluctant to help, or when he got forward failed to deliver a decent ball and often just played a safe option back to midfield slowing the move down. It always allowed Sheff United to reform and defend as a unit.

If all this talk about their wings was supposed to frighten us, it certainly did. I respect all opponents, but I repeat, THIS WAS A L1 OPPONENT FFS. We should have had the balls to tear them to shreds. Let them worry about us, not the other way round!! The failure to do anything about it in the second half was a huge error on MoPo's part!!

We were desperate for Danny Rose out there last night. Sadly, i fear that with a 1-0 lead and an away leg to come, Davies will start next Wed too.

Agree he didn't play all that well last night,but he gets no protection off Eriksen at all, whereas Walker gets help off Townsend. We have this issue when we play two up front,Eriksen is no player to play out wide.When he played for Swansea he always had Routledge with him.

The game suited Rose last night,he would have made his mark on Rice in the first twenty minutes plus he would have got to the by-line far more.

Agree he didn't play all that well last night,but he gets no protection off Eriksen at all, whereas Walker gets help off Townsend. We have this issue when we play two up front,Eriksen is no player to play out wide.When he played for Swansea he always had Routledge with him.

The game suited Rose last night,he would have made his mark on Rice in the first twenty minutes plus he would have got to the by-line far more.

What was poor was he was roasted by Campbell-Ryce every time on one on one situations. He wasn't being doubled up on so I don't think he needed the extra protection from Eriksen or what we would expect in Pochettino system, protection from the CM's.

Davies is better than that, he just had a poor night. His touch was a bit all over the place, often wanting far more than he needed. Confidence thing. They got at him early and they targeted that right wing as their best attacking threat.

Back