• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

very often personal opinion overrides reality
low life scum Danny rose who is always looking for his next payday without delivering anything
I've never been so disappointed by a player who is bang average
rose will dissappear
Ben was the change in the team early this year that changed the team results
I'm not questioning Roses ability just how we have improved without him and I believe it's his negative team ethic
You are questioning Rose's ability. You said he was 'bang average' and that team results improved when he left the team.

For me Rose is a better player - he makes more penetrating runs and gives the oppo right back more to worry about. Davies is more cautious in his play.

Davies has improved and is contributing very well right now, but I think Rose is a bit better in all aspects of his game.

I have always been a fan of Davies and always thought/said he is under rated by a lot of fans, its good to see that more are begining to appreciate him and how solid he is. He was very good yesterday.

He was MOTM yesterday
But, he needs to have modem confidence in his ability and he needs to do it against top sides

I had a fake news event!
I was reading he was 28 going on 50!

We will see where his body and mind is at when he returns. A fit and more importantly focused Danny is a big asset!

100%
He is the best player on the league in his position so is a massive asset
His attitude is always 100% when he plays
Only concern I have is when is he gonna be bloody fit

Davies is a good player and a fine backup but we will miss Rose in the big games still. We need Rose's pace, intensity, raw aggression/nastiness and defensive capabilities. You need ALL of your horrible c u n t s like him, Alli and Vertonghen when you play in the CL and against the likes of Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, United and the rest of the top teams.

Davies is a good player and a fine backup but we will miss Rose in the big games still. We need Rose's pace, intensity, raw aggression/nastiness and defensive capabilities. You need ALL of your horrible c u n t s like him, Alli and Vertonghen when you play in the CL and against the likes of Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, United and the rest of the top teams.

I like to bathe in custard.

This. I like that Davies goes about his business in an understated fashion, and he's definitely the best backup LB in the Prem. But, as with the Walker/Trippier dynamic, we're really reaching if we say that he's flat out better than Rose.

Davies and Rose are very different players.
Pace is the one thing that both offers differently.
Rose tends to attack space quickly, it affects our attack differently when Davies is up there passing it around and waiting for the right time to deliver a searching cross.

Good to have both, I don't think its too much of a problem for Poch to decide depending on the opposition.

This. I like that Davies goes about his business in an understated fashion, and he's definitely the best backup LB in the Prem. But, as with the Walker/Trippier dynamic, we're really reaching if we say that he's flat out better than Rose.

Had we signed Davies 10 years earlier for example (lets pretend he was the same age 10 years ago playing in a different era) instead of someone like YP Lee who I thought was crap, I think we would have all been saying that he's the best left back we've had at club in the PL era but Rose is the superior player in almost every aspect of the game.

Last edited:
We were luck with our fullback cover, what Davies and Trippier lack in pace they make up with in delivery, both are better passers into the danger areas.

We were luck with our fullback cover, what Davies and Trippier lack in pace they make up with in delivery, both are better passers into the danger areas.

Yeah, you won't find many better backups in this league than those two. But I do think there's a gulf in class between our 1st choice full backs and the above. It's not a big deal if we have one of our 1st choice FB's injured but I always worry when both are injured and we line up with Trippier and Davies, especially against the top teams.

It's a nice problem to have - Davies is great, but Rose is the main man for the big matches. Let's not blow up his interview re. his salary - let it go and expect to see him ripping it up when he comes back from his injury

Rose is the superior player in almost every aspect of the game.

I genuinely do not believe that. Not one bit.

I think it is far to close to call to make such an absolute statement.

The team hasnt skipped a beat in Roses absence. Hasnt suffered offensively. Has been better defensively. And by any reasonable assessment we havent been looking at a glaring deficiency of any kind on the left side in Roses absence.

If Rose was superior in almost every aspect surely we should expect to "obviously" miss him.

We simply havent.

Goals for/against and points per game are more or less the same with either player.

The difference between the players is in style, no more. Rose catches the eye, makes more runs, shows his pace. Davies is much more understated, passes more than runs, doesnt get noticed as much. Ultimately though productivity wise, there is barely anything to choose between them.

Put it this way, much like with Walker, if Rose was sold I wouldnt lose any sleep over it at all. Thats not to say I dont rate him, or that I think Davies is superior - just that I dont think we would miss him (as we havent the last 8 months).

Back