• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

I wouldn't say Davies is a better defender than Rose personally - basing that opinion on positioning and goals/chances conceded doesn't hold much weight for me because 1) Rose has more licence to attack higher up the pitch so is going to have a different job to Davies with regards to staying 'in position' and the team will be set up differently to compensate for that anyway and 2) unless you break down the stats to show we concede more chances goals from our left hand side with Rose on the pitch it doesn't really tell you anything.

We had a better record with Wimmer than Vertonghen iirc that season Wimmer had a good run in the side and we also had a great spell with Kane out of the team last season - no question that both of the players who were out are the better player though

One of best performances I've seen from him, defense and attack.

Rose will have to play at his best to displace this Davies.

Great perfomance by Davies! Was very stable and solid both defensively and offensively during hole game along with Toby.
Rose will need to work his socks off to return to our best XI line-up.

When Rose was Davies' age Parklane1 and many other Spurs fans wanted him out the club. Davies is developing and the confidence he got from the Everton game - where he had plenty of space - he took into yesterday's game. He's a player we can rely on. He's a professional and who knows how good he can become? He has that Kane like work ethic where he will put in the training hours. Technically he's improved massively. The attitude was always there.

But we need both Rose and Davies. Each player needs to be fresh and in-form. There will be periods where fatigue, injury or poor form hit, and we will rotate to get optimal performances.

Many still harbour a dislike of Rose from when they didn't rate him. Rose is a massive asset and Davies is becoming one too.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

There has been a subtle change in our play this season and this has enabled Davies greater freedom to join attacks both he and Eriksen are getting in to the box and offer more threat, I think playing regularly helps with confidence and positional play.

When Rose was Davies' age Parklane1 and many other Spurs fans wanted him out the club. Davies is developing and the confidence he got from the Everton game - where he had plenty of space - he took into yesterday's game. He's a player we can rely on. He's a professional and who knows how good he can become? He has that Kane like work ethic where he will put in the training hours. Technically he's improved massively. The attitude was always there.

But we need both Rose and Davies. Each player needs to be fresh and in-form. There will be periods where fatigue, injury or poor form hit, and we will rotate to get optimal performances.

Many still harbour a dislike of Rose from when they didn't rate him. Rose is a massive asset and Davies is becoming one too.

Rose is fine and a top top player for Spurs. His character is a tad suspect. I was bloody fuming with silly press outburst, but could be that he just does not give a monkeys about anybody except Danny Rose and I was probably the same at his age.

Rose is fine and a top top player for Spurs. His character is a tad suspect. I was bloody fuming with silly press outburst, but could be that he just does not give a monkeys about anybody except Danny Rose and I was probably the same at his age.

The Sun interview was extremely poorly advised. Can you imagine having a management team around you who let you mouth off like that to the nations biggest selling rag? They should know by now that Rose is not diplomatic.

But Rose is a footballer, not a trained politician. While he's still with us, we need to get behind him. The abuse he took when he signed a new contract around 3 years ago was shameful. He was playing okay, not dissimilar to Davies, he was still rash, but you could see there was a player there - well a few could. Spurs did, gave him a new contract, but many many on here panned him.

We owe Rose a second chance. He may not be with us for many many years, or he maybe. If he was loved, and supported, he'd be a better player and more likely to stay.

The Sun interview was extremely poorly advised. Can you imagine having a management team around you who let you mouth off like that to the nations biggest selling rag? They should know by now that Rose is not diplomatic.

Rose's agent is his uncle. He needs to hire a pro.

But Rose is a footballer, not a trained politician. While he's still with us, we need to get behind him. The abuse he took when he signed a new contract around 3 years ago was shameful. He was playing okay, not dissimilar to Davies, he was still rash, but you could see there was a player there - well a few could. Spurs did, gave him a new contract, but many many on here panned him.

We owe Rose a second chance. He may not be with us for many many years, or he maybe. If he was loved, and supported, he'd be a better player and more likely to stay.

Second chance, yes indeed. But there is something about the lads attitude that makes me think it may not be so straightforward, he comes over as very headstrong and not a rational thinker, its also how he plays.

I can't name names as to who didn't want him here but I know I wasn't one I'm a massive Rose fan but I'm also a Davies fan. He was brought for a great price for what was a genuine prospect and yet again under the tutelage of proper coaches he is developing more and more

Back