• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

A great performance today. Great awareness in behind him and good touch to set up some neat triangles amongst their hapless players in tight spaces near the left touchline

I think Poch has found a way of working him into the side by having Son be the one to stretch play on that wing. Davies wasn't able to make the lung bursting runs like Rose was, so we now see us using Son for the quick switches and Davies for the progressive moves.

I think Poch has found a way of working him into the side by having Son be the one to stretch play on that wing. Davies wasn't able to make the lung bursting runs like Rose was, so we now see us using Son for the quick switches and Davies for the progressive moves.

Good point.
I also noticed how Poch varied things by putting Son in front of Trippier on the right (perhaps to counter Sanchez?) and then having Alli come out to the left linking with Davies and Wanyama. Made us solid ad progressive at the same time. Good stuff!

looking at this, I guess I found the ones that broke down our attacks and the ones in good attacking positions for the arse more noticeable, and of course we normally have Rose who never gives the ball away

Attachments

• IMG_0291.PNG
    IMG_0291.PNG
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
Dug this thread out from Page 4!

Well done Benjamin, a nice run into the box, capped off with a right footed slot past the keeper.

I'm not Daviesiesiesiiss' biggest fan, he is not as fast/athletic/aggressive/adventurous as Danny Rose... but he is getting better and better, some good runs today and his goal really sealed it. I could fully relax as Newcash never threatened Hugo Boss at all

He's been great whilst covering Rose, so much so that even without all the media nonsense, Danny would have a big fight to get back into the team. It's not like results are suffering, we're winning almost every game in the league the last few months.

Don't get me wrong I like Davies and the stability he brings - excellent cover and rotation player and doesn't let us down but we do need Rose for his pace and explosiveness down the flank to add another dimension.....

Lucky to have professional like him who keep their head down, produce decent goods when called upon and gets on with the rest of the squad. You look around at Liverpool and Arsenal they don't even have a first choice left back as good as him.

Can anyone think of a Davies song, for the Chelsea game?

In the wake of Rose being a little brick, Davies deserves a rousing rendition of a song, for the professional that he is.

He's all over Google, Ben Davies, Ben Davies
He's all over Google, Ben Davies
He's all over Google
All over Google
He's all over Google, Ben Davies!

poch's way of overloading that left wing is also to give space and less pressure for KWP's intro.

At one point he had the entire right half of the pitch to himself. We did it with Davies against Liverpool last season and it was a massive fudgeup. Good thing Saudi Sportswashing Machine are a bit brick.

Don't get me wrong I like Davies and the stability he brings - excellent cover and rotation player and doesn't let us down but we do need Rose for his pace and explosiveness down the flank to add another dimension.....

This, Davies is a good model pro #2, just like Vorm, not sure we could get a better option.

The "but" is, he (if KWP wasn't on the field) is usually our weakest link, it shows how far we have come that a solid PL level player is our weakest link, but we need Rose or an alternative for the #1 spot.

Back