• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Believing the Hype?

Why? Suarez is better than any forward we have.

Agger and Skrtel are a far more consistent and reliable central pairing than any we have.

Johnson is a better RB than Walker, Enrique is probably a little worse than Ekotto..

Lucas is better than Parker.. Bale and Lennon admittedly are streets ahead of any Liverpool wide player, but that's about it.

Modric is better than any playmaker they have. But Gerrard can be amazing on his day and Aquilani is on his way back, reportedly.

Liverpool have a strong squad and pretty good depth. Pretty deluded if you argue otherwise.

:ross: :ross:

I've already posted which three squads are better, and which are comparable or close to comparable.

No you havent. You posted like for like first 11 players. To give you a helping hand, as you think Liverpools is the same as ours. List liverpools first 11, then list our first 11. Then compare whats left, thats a squad.

and therein lies the crux of the issue here. he's delivered for 90% of his reign at spurs and when it gets hard for a little spell, so called fans get their knickers in a twist and demand the mans head on a plate!

it's everything that's wrong with the game in these modern times.

How old are you?

how? i'm questioning the usefulness of blindly criticizing elements of the club when the going gets tough for a few weeks...

it disgusts me that people can be so fickle and limp in their backing of a club i love.

why is that disgraceful?

Assuming any criticism is blind for starters...

you need to see someone about this unhealthy obsession you have with butting in where you're unwanted.

ppwwwokaahh snap burn!

Are you a bit mad?

This is a public message board, ergo people can comment on what the fudge they want to.

Message board FAIL! :)

Are we starting to believe our own hype?

To put things mildly, the attitude of the vast majority of 'fans' throughout this board over the last few weeks has been nothing short of disgraceful.

In my opinion, the perspective of some of our fans reminds me a lot of Gareth Bale's current attitude whilst playing. He has begun to believe his own hype, his ridiculous drifting inside and cluttering up our play is really getting on my norks. You're not C.Ronaldo son! He should stay on the left and run the fullbacks, that is when he's at his most effective, it's clear to all. He should do what's best to support his TEAM.

Equally, a lot of you lot seem to believe we SHOULD be competing for the title and have CLEARLY the third best squad in the league? What an utter load of tripe!

We had an amazingly bad start to the season against the Manchester clubs, however from there we went on an absolutely superb run, the best run in many, many, many seasons.

Has it occured to some of you fellas however that perhaps we were over-achieving? Harry Redknapp has given our club some of our greatest memories in recent time, champions league qualification, a superb run in the consequent campaign and here we are again this season, in prime position to qualify for champions league. Some of you act like it is our GHod-given right to finish top four. Are people for real?

After the win against Blackburn; third position is nowhere near out of the question and we are still playing some superb football. This is something we should be proud of, not stabbing the manager in the back.

After two, i repeat, TWO reasonably poor performances against teams battling for their lives to survive relegation and the vast majority of this board has absolutely turned on OUR manager, who, let's not forget has provided us with some thoroughly amazing memories in recent times. The best in decades.

The abuse Redknapp received when the 'rumours' of the Adebayor rift and the England job acceptance emerged was thoroughly sickening. Remember these 'rumours' are simply that. There's no rift with Ade, Levy didn't turn down the FA. People are just looking for an excuse to kick the brick out of our greatest manager in GHod knows how long.

Some of you really do need to get a grip. Keep the faith. Do what YOU do best. Get behind the manager. Get behind the TEAM. Let's fudging finish third.

I feel better now.

:-s

What I am becoming annoyed about is people taking a holier than thou attitude and giving stick to people who happen to think differently from them. Then to top it off, over exaggerating the idea of what "everybodies" expectations are for our current squad.

My feeling is that we were never credible title challengers, we don't neccessarily have the 3rd best squad but we managed to get into 3rd with a 14-15 point gap to 5th which is where we occupy currently. People are, rightly in my view, pretty annoyed that we are now somehow 5th considering where we were on February 26th. How people voice/air those views are open to debate but no one should ever be caning a fan off who is annoyed at our freefall.

The players from my point of view aren't immune to criticism because for the last 3 months none of our big game players have made the difference for us and once they cross the white line then Redknapp is limited in what he can do with regards influence on performance. Redknapp can influence things after games and in the build up to the next one and he can also stop talking quite as much, epecially about things he has had a hand in, for example, January transfer window. He has to take a portion of the blame as well and not just revel in the good times.

The bottom line is that whilst at the start of the season and without a doubt after the first 2 games, if we were offered this position we would have taken it but not if we had known this collapse would have occured. Fact is we were 3rd and had a large enough gap to account for a mini blip, not one that lasted for nearly a quarter of the seasons games and I think it is unreasonable to expect that people shouldn't be tinkled off by that. People handle this stuff in different ways and people have differing opinions - that's life but this whole process of division where people are openly digging eachother out for having an opposing view is just nonsense.

Are we starting to believe our own hype?

To put things mildly, the attitude of the vast majority of 'fans' throughout this board over the last few weeks has been nothing short of disgraceful.

No it hasn't. Criticism where due. We go from title form to abject relegation form overnight, and we are supposed to say nothing?!

In my opinion, the perspective of some of our fans reminds me a lot of Gareth Bale's current attitude whilst playing. He has begun to believe his own hype, his ridiculous drifting inside and cluttering up our play is really getting on my norks. You're not C.Ronaldo son! He should stay on the left and run the fullbacks, that is when he's at his most effective, it's clear to all. He should do what's best to support his TEAM.

An issue that the manager should oversee/sort out. If that hasn't happened, then who is to blame.

Equally, a lot of you lot seem to believe we SHOULD be competing for the title and have CLEARLY the third best squad in the league? What an utter load of tripe!

We most certainly should be challenging for honours with the squad we have. Jol was hauled over the coals, years ago, by Levy, for saying that we hadn't got the players to get a CL place, and that was with a lesser squad. Redknapp has a far better squad now, so by deduction I conclude that we should be challenging now, and certainly not relegation form as per February to near end-April.

We had an amazingly bad start to the season against the Manchester clubs, however from there we went on an absolutely superb run, the best run in many, many, many seasons.

We didn't have Adebayor or Parker for those first two games (both key signings); if we had it could easily have been different.

Has it occured to some of you fellas however that perhaps we were over-achieving? Harry Redknapp has given our club some of our greatest memories in recent time, champions league qualification, a superb run in the consequent campaign and here we are again this season, in prime position to qualify for champions league. Some of you act like it is our GHod-given right to finish top four. Are people for real?

Over achieving??!! With the squad available??!! gonad*s! We are now in a position where it is in the hands of the Gods as to whether we qualify for CL, when we should have achieved it convincingly.

After the win against Blackburn; third position is nowhere near out of the question and we are still playing some superb football. This is something we should be proud of, not stabbing the manager in the back.

The manager is responsible for the horrendous collapse from the commanding position we were in, which has cost us big-time. We laboured to beat a stunningly awful Blackburn, and only 2 - 0. Third would now be a miracle. We have 3 games left and the Filth 2. We are 4 points behind. Realistically they would have to lose at least one of them and we would have to win all 3 left. These are away at Bolton tomorrow, fighting for survival, and if Muamba shows up, a huge boost to them. Plus away at Villa, and then the huge banana-skin against Jols Fulham at WHL (and has he got an axe to grind).

I cannot see any chance achieving 3rd, but I really can see Chelski winning the CL now, as they are really motoring and Torres is scoring again. If Chelski win it, bye bye 4th place Cl place.

After two, i repeat, TWO reasonably poor performances against teams battling for their lives to survive relegation and the vast majority of this board has absolutely turned on OUR manager, who, let's not forget has provided us with some thoroughly amazing memories in recent times. The best in decades.

Two poor performances.....jog on!

The abuse Redknapp received when the 'rumours' of the Adebayor rift and the England job acceptance emerged was thoroughly sickening. Remember these 'rumours' are simply that. There's no rift with Ade, Levy didn't turn down the FA. People are just looking for an excuse to kick the brick out of our greatest manager in GHod knows how long.

For just a fan, you see to know a lot of inside info. You know all this for a fact, do you, fella? Such a spectacular crash in form and perfomances does not happen for nothing. The manager carries the can for all of this. Always. Redknapps repeated comments to the media, especially crapping on the fans of the club he is the manager of, are a disgrace. Greatest manager? Not in my opinion.

Some of you really do need to get a grip. Keep the faith. Do what YOU do best. Get behind the manager. Get behind the TEAM. Let's fudging finish third.

I'll get behind the team, but not the manager.

I feel better now.

Out of interset, are you either:

a) an employee of THFC, or
b) a mate of Redknapp?

For so much blind faith, you must be.

:-s

Last edited:
yep and generalising is a sure sign of maturity.. further, attempting to gauge ones age based on a few snippets of text is equally reasoned and worldly. hahaha. you absolute button head.

Generalising?

People haven't used Snap burn for a while, so i assume you are of an older generation. So yes i guess i was generalising. I won't do it in the future.

Though tell me, was my generalisation that bad?

Back