• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Believing the Hype?

To a point I agree with people putting some of the blame on the players and a bigger part on Redknapp's tactics during this bad run of results.

BUT it seems to me that our fans have bottled it as much if not more than the players. As soon have things have got tough then we've melted away, the Lane has been like a graveyard recently. The fact is we're not the type of fans who dig deep and get behind the players in tough times, our expectations are too high.

We have a mentally fragile team who tend collapse when things don't go our way whether it be a disallowed goal, a wrongly allowed goal or a series of great saves from the opposition keeper. Too often those instances are followed by us conceeding a goal.

Seems to me that the fans' confidence is just as fragile as the players.

Beaten wife syndrome........

But after beating Arsenal, Chelsea and City to get 4th two seasons ago, and then winning our Champions League group and beating AC Milan over 2 legs, it's a shame we haven't gotten over that syndrome a little bit.

It's going to be an interesting final 3 games...

The wife is always haunted, is her fella a truly reformed character?

Maybe the beater still lurks after a few bevvies?

I think Spurs have been on a metaphorical bender since Christmas!! :)

Unbelieveable collapse?

Good grief

We lost to the 2nd and 3rd placed teams in the league

Drew away to Chelsea and Sunderland (who have been a revelation since O'Niell took over)

Lost by a breakaway goal after battering Everton on their own ground (31 shots to their 13, 61% possession, 8 corners to their 0 etc etc) and made them look like a championship team
Did the same to QPR, almost identical stats

biggest fudgeup - losing at home to Norwich, one game in which we looked curiously out of sorts, despite the usual possession and shots on goal advantages

Then the semi - where a first class referee completely destroyed the game by awarding a goal that never happened - OK the collapse was embarassing, but understandable to a degree. Injustice does things to peoples equilibrium

If those results had been interwoven into the rest of the season, no-one would have bitched about it. The fact that we have developed a bit of a problem, in that we are now the victims of our own success, everyone knows that if they come at us and try to play, unless they are a top side, they will get battered, so they play a 1-8-2 formation and wait for a breakaway. Why is that?

Its because we have a good manager, with a good set up of training staff, who have got Spurs playing some bloody good football, if we had a Suarez, Falcao, Van Persie, Huntelaar or Rooney we would score more of the chances we create, but we don't. Because they cost a brick load of money, and require salaries that have to be delivered by securicor, and we don't play that game.

Yep, HR doesn't shoulder the blame and throw himself on his sword enough for you and other fans of your inclination, neither does he immolate himself in the centre circle to atone for everyones hurt feelings, yada yada yada

But he's got me watching a team who play in a way that makes me proud to say they are my team, and he has produced and managed a side that puts the fear of GHod into everyone who plays them.

You can look past Suarez's defects as a human, but you can't with HR. You accept Suarez for what he delivers, but you can't see past your own prejudice to recognise what Harry has achieved.

My glass is half full mate, in fact fudge it - I'd say it was around 90% full actually, and I'm looking forward to seeing my team, make Bolton look like a bunch of Lichtenstein gardeners on wednesday, by playing the champagne football all over again.

and no matter what the result, I won't resort to demanding to see someone burnt at the stake.

Bravo. Refreshing to read someone talking good sense on this Board.

COYS

Back