• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Believing the Hype?

raboner

Banned
Are we starting to believe our own hype?

To put things mildly, the attitude of the vast majority of 'fans' throughout this board over the last few weeks has been nothing short of disgraceful.

In my opinion, the perspective of some of our fans reminds me a lot of Gareth Bale's current attitude whilst playing. He has begun to believe his own hype, his ridiculous drifting inside and cluttering up our play is really getting on my norks. You're not C.Ronaldo son! He should stay on the left and run the fullbacks, that is when he's at his most effective, it's clear to all. He should do what's best to support his TEAM.

Equally, a lot of you lot seem to believe we SHOULD be competing for the title and have CLEARLY the third best squad in the league? What an utter load of tripe!

We had an amazingly bad start to the season against the Manchester clubs, however from there we went on an absolutely superb run, the best run in many, many, many seasons.

Has it occured to some of you fellas however that perhaps we were over-achieving? Harry Redknapp has given our club some of our greatest memories in recent time, champions league qualification, a superb run in the consequent campaign and here we are again this season, in prime position to qualify for champions league. Some of you act like it is our GHod-given right to finish top four. Are people for real?

After the win against Blackburn; third position is nowhere near out of the question and we are still playing some superb football. This is something we should be proud of, not stabbing the manager in the back.

After two, i repeat, TWO reasonably poor performances against teams battling for their lives to survive relegation and the vast majority of this board has absolutely turned on OUR manager, who, let's not forget has provided us with some thoroughly amazing memories in recent times. The best in decades.

The abuse Redknapp received when the 'rumours' of the Adebayor rift and the England job acceptance emerged was thoroughly sickening. Remember these 'rumours' are simply that. There's no rift with Ade, Levy didn't turn down the FA. People are just looking for an excuse to kick the brick out of our greatest manager in GHod knows how long.

Some of you really do need to get a grip. Keep the faith. Do what YOU do best. Get behind the manager. Get behind the TEAM. Let's fudging finish third.

I feel better now.

:-s

Public-Enemy-Dont-Believe-The-Hype-Vinyl.jpg

Are we starting to believe our own hype?

To put things mildly, the attitude of the vast majority of 'fans' throughout this board over the last few weeks has been nothing short of disgraceful.

In my opinion, the perspective of some of our fans reminds me a lot of Gareth Bale's current attitude whilst playing. He has begun to believe his own hype, his ridiculous drifting inside and cluttering up our play is really getting on my norks. You're not C.Ronaldo son! He should stay on the left and run the fullbacks, that is when he's at his most effective, it's clear to all. He should do what's best to support his TEAM.

Equally, a lot of you lot seem to believe we SHOULD be competing for the title and have CLEARLY the third best squad in the league? What an utter load of tripe!

We had an amazingly bad start to the season against the Manchester clubs, however from there we went on an absolutely superb run, the best run in many, many, many seasons.

Has it occured to some of you fellas however that perhaps we were over-achieving? Harry Redknapp has given our club some of our greatest memories in recent time, champions league qualification, a superb run in the consequent campaign and here we are again this season, in prime position to qualify for champions league. Some of you act like it is our GHod-given right to finish top four. Are people for real?

After the win against Blackburn; third position is nowhere near out of the question and we are still playing some superb football. This is something we should be proud of, not stabbing the manager in the back.

After two, i repeat, TWO reasonably poor performances against teams battling for their lives to survive relegation and the vast majority of this board has absolutely turned on OUR manager, who, let's not forget has provided us with some thoroughly amazing memories in recent times. The best in decades.

The abuse Redknapp received when the 'rumours' of the Adebayor rift and the England job acceptance emerged was thoroughly sickening. Remember these 'rumours' are simply that. There's no rift with Ade, Levy didn't turn down the FA. People are just looking for an excuse to kick the brick out of our greatest manager in GHod knows how long.

Some of you really do need to get a grip. Keep the faith. Do what YOU do best. Get behind the manager. Get behind the TEAM. Let's fudging finish third.

I feel better now.

:-s

Talking brick ?

1. Bale has been told to play that way.

2. Dont you worry about other peoples attitudes.

3. We went 3 pts behind at one point, THEN we thought the title was realistic to aim for.

4. We have the 3rd best squad in the league.

5. Couldnt be bothered replying to the rest, it got boring.

Talking brick ?

1. Bale has been told to play that way.

2. Dont you worry about other peoples attitudes.

3. We went 3 pts behind at one point, THEN we thought the title was realistic to aim for.

4. We have the 3rd best squad in the league.

5. Couldnt be bothered replying to the rest, it got boring.

Ohhh so you're clearly one of them who was jizzing during champions league and is now a hater?

1. Bale requested to play his new role, admitted as much in an interview, i wouldn't be surprised if he demanded it.

2. I worry when the attitude can have a direct effect on the team i support

3. If we hadn't have been 3 pts behind at one point, imagine where we'd be now if we had a slip? We'd be lower mid-table. Bad runs happen mate.

4. flimflam. UTD, City, Chelsea, Arsenal(hurts i know) all have better squads than us. Liverpool are probably just about equal and Everton etc aren't far behind us.

5. Thanks for your useless contribution. Change your attitude or support another club.

No - we support Spurs and you don't decide who does or doesn't support the club OK pal?

If Bale is making demands about where he should play and we allow it we have the weakest manager in the league.

A mental minnow

Ohhh so you're clearly one of them who was jizzing during champions league and is now a hater?

1. Bale requested to play his new role, admitted as much in an interview, i wouldn't be surprised if he demanded it.

3. If we hadn't have been 3 pts behind at one point, imagine where we'd be now if we had a slip? We'd be lower mid-table. Bad runs happen mate.

4. flimflam. UTD, City, Chelsea, Arsenal(hurts i know) all have better squads than us. Liverpool are probably just about equal and Everton etc aren't far behind us.

5. Thanks for your useless contribution. Change your attitude or support another club.

Regarding point one, I think one of Harry's weaknesses is that he does allow the players too much freedom. But then players do tend to play the way they want regardless of what a Manager instructs them to do, regardless of the Manager. It's then up to the manager to discipline them or replace them. But I think Redknapp actively encourages certain players in our team to do what they want and I do wish we had a little more rigidity in our tactics.

Seriously?

I was fine until i got to that. Then i burst out laughing.

big surprise that the two most unreasonable anti-redknapp activists are in here flying the flag.

i bet Wriggly and Leeds Spur are the kind of people who go to a match that we win 5-0 and still moan the whole time about how brick we're playing.

Seriously?

I was fine until i got to that. Then i burst out laughing.

Why? Suarez is better than any forward we have.

Agger and Skrtel are a far more consistent and reliable central pairing than any we have.

Johnson is a better RB than Walker, Enrique is probably a little worse than Ekotto..

Lucas is better than Parker.. Bale and Lennon admittedly are streets ahead of any Liverpool wide player, but that's about it.

Modric is better than any playmaker they have. But Gerrard can be amazing on his day and Aquilani is on his way back, reportedly.

Liverpool have a strong squad and pretty good depth. Pretty deluded if you argue otherwise.

big surprise that the two most unreasonable anti-redknapp activists are in here flying the flag.

i bet Wriggly and Leeds Spur are the kind of people who go to a match that we win 5-0 and still moan the whole time about how brick we're playing.

Although I do quite like Anti-Redknapp Activist! :)

Sounds like a political party! I might enter the London Mayors election, am I too late?

Agger and Skrtel are a far more consistent and reliable central pairing than any we have.

Johnson is a better RB than Walker, Enrique is probably a little worse than Ekotto..

Lucas is better than Parker.. Bale and Lennon admittedly are streets ahead of any Liverpool wide player, but that's about it.

Modric is better than any playmaker they have. But Gerrard can be amazing on his day and Aquilani is on his way back, reportedly.

Liverpool have a strong squad and pretty good depth. Pretty deluded if you argue otherwise.

Wow......why dont you go and support Liverpool? Sounds like you're a Liverpool fan already.

Should they sack Dalgliesh?

You said we dont have the 3rd best squad, but didnt once give an example of a squad player comparison.

As for Redknapp, people will get behind him when he starts delivering again, not just because he's no longer coveting another job.

Last edited:
Back