• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Be honest....

The season should be viewed like a marathon, 24 hours le mans, not knee jerk reactionist, defeatist crap ! Yes, I too am not happy with how we have been losing, particulalry at the scum, really got to me how we caved in. Did not expect that of a team sitting third ! I am expecting a reaction, we are on the part of the wheel going round, on the downtrend - but there's a lot to play for still, and the only we can help is by having positive thoughts to Arry and the lads. Twitter it, FB it, GG it ! Certain players need to seriously pull their finger out - Ade needs to start scoring from open play, hopefully we can have bale and lennon available to open up play again down the wings, as well as get walker more involved in the overlap, modders to sprinkle his magic again, geisha-ass tight like at the back. But EVERYONE needs to work hard to close down the oppo's space, we need more urgency in the tackles, do not let any team rest.

COYS !!!

But EVERYONE needs to work hard to close down the oppo's space, we need more urgency in the tackles, do not let any team rest.

COYS !!!

This is something we always tend to do well in the first half of the season, then, around this time, we start inviting pressure, and allowing shots from distance. Dont know if its tiredness or not.

But, I think we will beat Bolton, Stoke and Chelsea, and the blip will be a thing of the past. [-o<

This is something we always tend to do well in the first half of the season, then, around this time, we start inviting pressure, and allowing shots from distance. Dont know if its tiredness or not.

But, I think we will beat Bolton, Stoke and Chelsea, and the blip will be a thing of the past. [-o<

I don't think it's tiredness, and more down to lack of balance. Parker and Modric in the centre compliment each other superbly both in possession and when we don't have the ball. When playing in their natural wide positions Bale and Lennon (especially Lennon) are also very good at applying pressure.

When players are out of position they are uncomfortable and don't position themselves correctly.

Relate to pre season expectations we are well above the common goals. That adds a little perspective to our current situation but certainly offers no excuses.

I believe that goals/objectives need to be reassessed as the season progresses.

Find yourselves deep in relegation trouble? Early hopes of fourth are suddenly totally unrealistic, and things need to be reevaluated.

Find yourselves exceeding expectation? Then move the goal posts higher instead of settling for a collapse.

Right now anything less than 3rd represents some form of failure, considering our form and position throughout the season.

4th would still be an achievement, but not the same achievement as was hoped for early on. It would reflect a dip, a loss.

Recent results havent been good, of course, but recent performances are what have bothered me more (and that extends further than 3 games)

I do believe though that we have a (relatively, so far as the EPL goes) kind run to the end of the season and so every opportunity to get our brick together and cement 3rd.

We have let Arsenal get to close though, I fear the psychology of the situation will weigh heavily on us.

We are capable of finishing the season on a high, but given our recent play I fear we are also capable of an embarrasing collapse

Relate to pre season expectations we are well above the common goals. That adds a little perspective to our current situation but certainly offers no excuses.

I believe that goals/objectives need to be reassessed as the season progresses.

Find yourselves deep in relegation trouble? Early hopes of fourth are suddenly totally unrealistic, and things need to be reevaluated.

Find yourselves exceeding expectation? Then move the goal posts higher instead of settling for a collapse.

Right now anything less than 3rd represents some form of failure, considering our form and position throughout the season.

4th would still be an achievement, but not the same achievement as was hoped for early on. It would reflect a dip, a loss.

Recent results havent been good, of course, but recent performances are what have bothered me more (and that extends further than 3 games)

I do believe though that we have a (relatively, so far as the EPL goes) kind run to the end of the season and so every opportunity to get our brick together and cement 3rd.

We have let Arsenal get to close though, I fear the psychology of the situation will weigh heavily on us.

We are capable of finishing the season on a high, but given our recent play I fear we are also capable of an embarrasing collapse

i cant actually describe or portray how much i disagree , hate and never will come around to the idea that a season goal can easily be eliminated on a month by month basis.

i sincerely hope that i never become like that. if we get 4th, i'm fudging ecstatic, thats what i wanted at the start , thats what i pray my team delivers for me. anything on top of that is a bonus

just to add, i'm backing my team in a positive way, i wont let a horriffic run of games squeezed together deter the long term view and the very strong likely hood that like peaks and troughs we as very likely to find our stride.

sure , look into things that arent working....but failure if we make 4th ? things have been a bad for a large stretch of the season? nah mate , sorry...forget it, am not in that camp..way too crowded

all you guys can stick together on that one. it doesnt matter cause you'll be singing songs come end of season

am trying to separate us from typical top 4 fans, and honestly i dont think there is a blind bit of difference. i think what it boils down to it, ALL fans are pretty much the same as one another.

Last edited:
We just have to deal with reality ..............

There is 10 games to go and its now like a mini league for the two remaining CL spots ...

Three games and a couple of weeks back , over confidence by many of the fellow Spurs ...

Mind the Gap . How I hated that one .....

Football is about confidence but it should always carry with it a cool head ...

I'm not saying, the players like some of Spurs fans have been over confident and that is the reason for our three defeats and poor showings in the cup games at Watford and Stevanage ...

But I am thinking Harry has been poor tactically in some games and the handling of the squad game by him has been second rate ...

Some, chastise a young player like, Walker for not showing the consistency but I actually put blame on Harry there ... My idea of bringing on these youngsters is not to have them in the team without back-up .. They should be handled with care putting them in and out of team ...They drop their levels, they're rested , its that simple ...Corluka should've been used more and I'm sure we'd be seeing Walker up his consistency.

No Lennon and now no Pienaar or Townsend ... I just don't understand that one.

So what do we have .....?

The 10 remaining league games have to be approached with similar to what we were doing after our opening two games .
Parker must play as a holding midfielder conserving his energy for defensive duties ... We have to play the one upfront and if Ade is not doing it must be subbed for Saha ... Play with VDV behind the striker with Modric offering support ... Start the games with Bale on the left and if Lennon is unavailable either play Kranjcar, Sandro , or Livermore there ...
We go back to what we were doing well and with a manager renowned for his man management skills , third can still be ours...

We owe Stoke, so I expect no mercy from our boys and with hopefully Emirates Marketing Project doing us a favour, we can then look at sorting the Chavs out .....

Gotta keep the Faith ...Coys!

I don't think it's tiredness, and more down to lack of balance. Parker and Modric in the centre compliment each other superbly both in possession and when we don't have the ball. When playing in their natural wide positions Bale and Lennon (especially Lennon) are also very good at applying pressure.

When players are out of position they are uncomfortable and don't position themselves correctly.

True, I also think that if Lennon is out, Harry tries to change too much, instead of just replacing Lennon. Unbalanced sides are a major issue for us.

great post Nayim ^^

3rd is also important when it comes to signing a few big players in the summer. 3rd GUARANTEES CL football, whoever we go after will know we are there and surely that is a big plus.

If we finish 4th we are not in the CL, we still have to go through the qualifiers. That will put potential signings off, again we will waste a whole summer with constant speculation and nothing happening, everyone will get restless and we will end up picking up a few transfer scraps on transfer deadline day on Aug 31st

Hanging on to 3rd is massive for us

Ekotto has made some unforgivable mistakes this season (subsequent condeded goals) which cannot and should not be ignored for the sake of someone's subjective agenda

Overall however he's been reliable and if he can elimintate this lapses in concentration can be a top LB. I would have time for him next season along with Walker.

Ekotto is unfortunately one of those players that when he starts to have a stinker, it is not going to get any better. He has made some errors this season and recently has looked a bit off form but he has been a bit harshly judged as well.

Alot of people keep harking back to Arsenal and his apparent hand in conceding all 5 goals. The first goal is actually Bales fault in that he allows Sagna to run right across him. The second wasn't in an area Ekotto was defending anyway. The third was a deflection off Ekotto that took it away from King - Hardly his fault. Goals four and five were as a direct result of being totally overloaded 2 v 1 due Van der Vaart being employed on the left and in a free role!

Generally I think he is a decent full back who links well with Bale. Over a season he will probably have 6-7 off games out of a potential 38-50 games which isn't a bad ratio.

With regards our form, I am not panicking at all. Yes we have surrendered a 10 point lead when a point at the Emirates would have halted them in their tracks. Man Utd I didn't expect to win anyway and Everton we were possibly unlucky not to get a point based on our second half performance. Admittedly we haven't looked anywhere near as fluid in the early part of this year but we were never going to keep our levels all the season through.

If we don't get 3rd it will be a big disappointment given that we have held the position since November/December but we have it in our hands. Our run in means that we can put these results behind us and really regain momentum with our home matches. If one of Arsenal/Chelsea overtake us then you would have to say they have down well to overhaul us as much as us throwing it away but I don't think it will come to that. We have more than enough in the tank to the last in possesion of 3rd spot and with a home match against Fulham to secure it.......I would fancy us all day long.

Alot of people keep harking back to Arsenal and his apparent hand in conceding all 5 goals. The first goal is actually Bales fault in that he allows Sagna to run right across him. The second wasn't in an area Ekotto was defending anyway. The third was a deflection off Ekotto that took it away from King - Hardly his fault. Goals four and five were as a direct result of being totally overloaded 2 v 1 due Van der Vaart being employed on the left and in a free role!

He watched Walcott sprint the length of the field while he jogged back like a clown and let Parker break his legs trying to catch up. Exact same move he pulled with Sturridge in the 1:1 draw. Sorry but these kind of errors are inexcusable at this level whichever way we spin it.

i cant actually describe or portray how much i disagree , hate and never will come around to the idea that a season goal can easily be eliminated on a month by month basis.

i sincerely hope that i never become like that. if we get 4th, i'm fudging ecstatic, thats what i wanted at the start , thats what i pray my team delivers for me. anything on top of that is a bonus

just to add, i'm backing my team in a positive way, i wont let a horriffic run of games squeezed together deter the long term view and the very strong likely hood that like peaks and troughs we as very likely to find our stride.

sure , look into things that arent working....but failure if we make 4th ? things have been a bad for a large stretch of the season? nah mate , sorry...forget it, am not in that camp..way too crowded

all you guys can stick together on that one. it doesnt matter cause you'll be singing songs come end of season

am trying to separate us from typical top 4 fans, and honestly i dont think there is a blind bit of difference. i think what it boils down to it, ALL fans are pretty much the same as one another.

I agree. Saying we are aiming for 4th and then having it suddenly not be good enough because we are 3rd is ridiculous. And that's because it's like saying we aren't allowed a bad run at all during the season. It happens to every single team, but it apparently won't happen to us. And if our good form has gotten us to third, it must be sustained because a bad run simply cannot be allowed to happen to our club, as if we are somehow more special than 19 other teams that it will almost certainly happen to as well.

We will hit bad form, and it was always going to be more likely when we have the kind of fixtures we do. That doesn't change the fact that over a 38 game season, 4th would have been a fantastic acheivement, and if we had lost these games and they were spaced out a few months apart, people wouldn't be getting so hysterical. It is over 38 games, and 4th would not be failure.

That said, I do feel like we have the third best squad this year, and therefore third is a completely realistic target and it would be kind of dissapointing if we didn't get it. Arsenal had to deal with 4 full backs being injured, as well as Wheelchair, and if they still get third then props have to go to them. What a fantastic acheivement that would be, as dissapointing as it would be for us. Chelsea aren't that strong and I feel like we are better than them, but we are still capable of losing there and they are capable of catching us.

At the end of the day people need to stop getting hysterical though. 4th was the goal at the start, and if we get it, we have acheived our goal. We were always going to hit bad form and it's completely ridiculous to say that because we hit good form in taking us to third, bad form simply cannot occur and it will be failure if it does.

I can't believe you actually support the club.

Seriously - your tirades against the club and the team are the most astonishing lack of visible support I have ever come across.

I for one would rather you just kept your negativity and tinkle poor opinions of the team, the management and the club to yourself, because I see absolutely no value whatsoever in anything you have to say on the subject.

All of these comments are based on your posts and vitriolic attacks on my favourite club - the only one I have ever supported and the only one I ever will.
I will support this team whether they are brilliant or brick, and I will never, ever descend to the shocking levels of apathethic, carping and frankly awful levels of what you prefer to call supporting Tottenham Hotspur.

In fact - I'd say that as a supporter, you are a disgrace. The club does not need support like this, the players certainly don't, and I'd rather not see it on here.

I cant understand why you attack another fan...this is just a forum where people express their views ..one way or the other..

I'm a passionate fan..and I have made what would appear negative comments in the past... I'm not negative for the club ...

at this point in time..it does look like we have missed a chance for the Title..and somewhere along the lines we have messed it up mentally..maybe it was
Cappello resigning ..but we sure have blown a big chance and the players havn't been able to cope with the pressure.IMOppinion. Why?..well thats what the debates about!

I cant understand why you attack another fan...this is just a forum where people express their views ..one way or the other..

I'm a passionate fan..and I have made what would appear negative comments in the past... I'm not negative for the club ...

at this point in time..it does look like we have missed a chance for the Title..and somewhere along the lines we have messed it up mentally..maybe it was
Cappello resigning ..but we sure have blown a big chance and the players havn't been able to cope with the pressure.IMOppinion. Why?..well thats what the debates about!

sorry, but there is a bit of a gap between competent analysis, discussion and general chat....................
and a constant barrage of criticism

I stand by my comments - I love my club, and I'm neither blind to its shortcomings or indifferent to results or performances

but support is just what it says, support.

To me, long winded and persistant whining about your club is the equivalent of telling your mum who is suffering from a long term illness

"well - your fudged, you're going to die and deprive me of a mother and I hate you, because its all your fault"

I'm not attacking him at all, just his total negativity and constant criticisms, discussion is one thing but you need to retain a love for the club, or it ceases to be support

in my view

I have never stated month to month moving/removing of goal posts. Not once.

But when you reach January having exceeded all expectation set 6 months prior, you really should think about aiming higher for the end of the season.

If we get 4th I will be delighted, genuinely I see it as a real achievement in this league (quite sad really, but thats the way it is these days). However, having had a title charge on the edge of our reach and 3rd with a 10 point gap in our hand to finish 4th would be slightly tainted. I would be disappointed at not getting 3rd, I would still be happy with getting 4th.

The bad run of fixtures was always going to be tough, it is not what my view is based upon.

It is now the middle of March. IMO since around the middle of Jan our performances havent been as good as they were before then. It is a concern. I am not slagging the team off, but there is no twisting and turning on here that will convince me we didnt throw it away if we dont get 3rd. Basic principles that saw us play so well have completely left us.

That said, we have also proven we can do it. We can play up there with the best in the league, we can outplay anyone on our day and we can work hard enough to grind out results when we arent getting the rub of the green.

Up to January thats exactly what we did. So I certainly believe we can do it again.

My fear at this point is because I havent seen any real signs of our funk turning into form.

I still believe though, I still think we can do it and I dont think all is lost at all.

Im just a little worried.

He watched Walcott sprint the length of the field while he jogged back like a clown and let Parker break his legs trying to catch up. Exact same move he pulled with Sturridge in the 1:1 draw. Sorry but these kind of errors are inexcusable at this level whichever way we spin it.

That wasn't quite how I saw it at the time but then again I was there watching it in real time where the view is perhaps not the best. I fully agree that at times he does make horrendous errors and when he is having a bad game he will get worse rather than get better. But I also think that in general those games a reasonably rare compared to a couple of years ago.

Unless we were somehow able to get a serious upgrade then its not an area of the team im concerned with to be honest.

Watch it again on a replay - it's cringeworthy

As I said earlier - he's been overall reliable and if he can erdicate these lapses of concentration - we'd have a great LB for the next 5 years

I have never stated month to month moving/removing of goal posts. Not once.

But when you reach January having exceeded all expectation set 6 months prior, you really should think about aiming higher for the end of the season.

If we get 4th I will be delighted, genuinely I see it as a real achievement in this league (quite sad really, but thats the way it is these days). However, having had a title charge on the edge of our reach and 3rd with a 10 point gap in our hand to finish 4th would be slightly tainted. I would be disappointed at not getting 3rd, I would still be happy with getting 4th.

The bad run of fixtures was always going to be tough, it is not what my view is based upon.

It is now the middle of March. IMO since around the middle of Jan our performances havent been as good as they were before then. It is a concern. I am not slagging the team off, but there is no twisting and turning on here that will convince me we didnt throw it away if we dont get 3rd. Basic principles that saw us play so well have completely left us.

That said, we have also proven we can do it. We can play up there with the best in the league, we can outplay anyone on our day and we can work hard enough to grind out results when we arent getting the rub of the green.

Up to January thats exactly what we did. So I certainly believe we can do it again.

My fear at this point is because I havent seen any real signs of our funk turning into form.

I still believe though, I still think we can do it and I dont think all is lost at all.

Im just a little worried.

i can see how me saying month to month re-evaluations can be a cheap shot, and if i were honest i think afterwards i did notice that but still didnt edit it. really sorry about that as i didnt mean to put words in your mouth. very similar to a cretin on this place that knows close to nothing about football.

i cant really disagree with much you've said there the way you put it out, but i cant help but feel that the mass aggressive swicth to our club and players has come off the back of some bad results you know

i too am worried and yes after flying so high , suddenly crashing feels disappointing but i dont think from the perspective i've had in the past of how tottenham have been that i would be too upset if we gave 3rd to arsenal as long as 4th becomes ours you know.

one other thing, i also think that alot of the panic and anger comes about cause us tottenham fans have realy been giving it large to scum fans for some time...and now we could end up with some serious egg on our faces. very embarrasing for those that have done it

its tough time for us but i think we will come through it good. we just need some of our influential players to stand up and be counted

Back