• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Be honest....

Absolutely ridiculous and a great example of the hysteria that has came from a lack of form and the ball not going our way. It is immensely frustrating yes, but pre-Everton our team was talked about as 'Only Van Persie would get in from Arsenal', and now our defenders are all liabilities. It's total rubbish. They are good players, and have been good all season.

Well Arsenal's defence isn't any better.
The only effective way we can defend is by keeping possession and that's what we've done most of the season.
If there is pressure on us though we will concede.

Now if these results were spread out over the season rather than in a row would there be this much chaos?

Exactly. Judging form over 3 or 4 games....or even 30 games is pretty ridiculous. It's the season that counts. As I wrote elsewhere, if we played every Premiership team except City, Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea in the first 30 games of the season I'd expect us to be sitting on top of the table with a pretty healthy lead. Would we be favourites to win the title? Probably not, because the 8 hardest games are yet to come.

You set the expectations BEFORE the beginning and judge the season AFTER it's finished. If people's expectations during the course of a season change due to results, situations etc then they are being extremely short sighted and illogical. It simply doesn't work that way.

There are no easy away games in the Premiership. Every now and then I'll see some macaron on here predicting we'll thrash Wigan away etc, but it really doesn't work like that in the Premiership. ANY away win is a very good result. ANY away draw is a good result.

The Utd games irks me the most, because it was at home and we shouldn't be losing at home against anybody. That one tinkles me off. Losing against Arsenal wasn't the problem, it was the manner we lost. Against Everton we lost, but deserved more and dominated the second half.

I guess if we finish 3rd this season, but Arsenal only finish a point behind us, people are going to be disappointed?! I find that quite unbelievable!

Well Arsenal's defence isn't any better.
The only effective way we can defend is by keeping possession and that's what we've done most of the season.
If there is pressure on us though we will concede.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine tried to press us and got rewarded with 5 goals in their net. Similarly Wolves came to frustrate us and succeeded in doing just that.

Our players haven't suddenly turned crap. There's no automatic rule that teams have to follow to beat us. We are in a bad run of form following some difficult fixtures, and have had some bad luck.

Btw, Everton didn't "slightly edge" the first half. They were all over us and had complete control from start to end. The dominated.

I cannot believe that is even up for debate ...

I don't agree. We played poorly in the first half but edged possession. Everton were more of an attacking threat (as I would expect the home team to be) but other than the goal didn't really carve us open. In the second half we completely ran the show. It wasn't a great Spurs performance, but people are going way OTT about our so called bad form.

I remember saying this way back in 2001, after the first few games of the season. A team playing badly but getting positive results will eventually come unstuck and have a poor run of results. A team playing well but not getting results will eventually go on a great run. Against Arsenal we were brick (even when we were 2-0 up we had fluked two goals and weren't the better team), but against Utd and Everton we weren't outclassed or outplayed.

Half the problem is we're also being punished for individual mistakes. Ekotto, for example, has been making them all season. He did last year too, and the year before that. But he wasn't being punished for them. Against Arsenal and Utd he was. Walker has been the same this season, fudging dreadful for the most part and yet his mistakes haven't been punished until now. And finally the same applies with Kaboul, who continually makes mistakes.

Redknapp's recent team selections do worry me, mainly his judgement in not replacing Ekotto and also in replacing Corluka with Walker (Corluka is a much better player and defender), and choosing Kaboul over the now injured Dawson (again Dawson is a vastly superior defender).

But I have hope. IF we play against other teams like that 2nd half against Everton, or the way we played Utd? We'll win most of our remaining games.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine tried to press us and got rewarded with 5 goals in their net. Similarly Wolves came to frustrate us and succeeded in doing just that.

Our players haven't suddenly turned crap. There's no automatic rule that teams have to follow to beat us. We are in a bad run of form following some difficult fixtures, and have had some bad luck.

Pretty much nailed on. The Manager has to give us more of a chance with his selections too though.

The biggest problem we have, and have had for some time, is our fans. The arrogance that our fans have started displaying this season has been disgusting. I can understand people getting carried away with excitement, but all of a sudden we "should" be beating other Premiership teams in their own manor easily apparently. I can't work out whether fans who sprout gonad*s like that are on a wind up, being tongue in cheek or really are just astoundingly dumb...

My arse we do. We have King, who's starting to look shaky, and Kaboul, who's liable to make do something stupid out of nowhere like he did against Everton. And they're the best of the lot. As for BAE and Walker they both liabilities when it come to actually defending, they're only in the team for their other qualities.

Awful post

so let's get this right some people on here would like to change basically the entire back 4 on the back of 3 bad results. that's the back 4 that lost 2 league games in 6 months until 3 weeks ago and has kept a lot of clean sheets. why not friedel too ? he cost us 2 points at swansea. 1 mistake too many surely ?

hope the arry and team aren't gonna lose their bottle as quickly as some of the posters here

so let's get this right some people on here would like to change basically the entire back 4 on the back of 3 bad results. that's the back 4 that lost 2 league games in 6 months until 3 weeks ago and has kept a lot of clean sheets. why not friedel too ? he cost us 2 points at swansea. 1 mistake too many surely ?

hope the arry and team aren't gonna lose their bottle as quickly as some of the posters here

100%

My arse we do. We have King, who's starting to look shaky, and Kaboul, who's liable to make do something stupid out of nowhere like he did against Everton. And they're the best of the lot. As for BAE and Walker they both liabilities when it come to actually defending, they're only in the team for their other qualities.

:)

i'm still wondering why we had a 12 point cushion this season if we've been poor for so long.

people disregarding what we've done for an entire season and basing their position on recent form? i think thats a bit silly to be honest , plain and simple.

you dont judge a team over a small period otherwise you'll be changing your mind every month. that sounds off key to me

Saudi Sportswashing Machine were missing Tiote and Cabaye and weren't smart enough to go with 3 in central midfield.
Of course there's no automatic rule to beat us but to start you have to stop us getting possession, which means outnumbering up in midfield and pressing high up the pitch, so the ball goes back to the centre halves or Friedel, who invariably end up launching it upfield because no pass is on.

Of course our players haven't turned crap, its just teams have better idea of how to deal with us now.

The reason we didn't concede was other team usually couldn't get the ball off us.
When we play our passing possession game there is no questions asked of the defence.
When our passing game isn't working the defence ends up under the cosh and usually concede.
BAE and Walker while good going forward but they aren't exactly Paulo Maldini are they?

BAE is a very good defender and Walker is always improving. Infact, bar the Utd game I've been more impressed with Walker defensively than going forward over the past 3-4 months.

Last edited:
indeed i expect clueless clowns like alan hansen to slag ekotto off but not our own supporters who are meant to watch him week in week out

I don't agree. We played poorly in the first half but edged possession.

I think you might discover we've been 'edging' possession in most games starting Liverpool but the performance has been overall hapless. We are not incisive enough in the final third and lack urgency or an attacking Plan B - i.e. finding an end product to all our possession

Last edited:
indeed i expect clueless clowns like alan hansen to slag ekotto off but not our own supporters who are meant to watch him week in week out

Ekotto has made some unforgivable mistakes this season (subsequent condeded goals) which cannot and should not be ignored for the sake of someone's subjective agenda

Overall however he's been reliable and if he can elimintate this lapses in concentration can be a top LB. I would have time for him next season along with Walker.

Last edited:
You seem to have not read my posts.

It is not about the last three games (albeit they nail home the point prette f*cking hard). It is not about just results, even.

It is about us not playing well and not having done so for quite some time.

i try not to hound people for an answer as there is a good chance that they can't be bothered to respond to my coma inducing posts but i would very much like to know the time scale of which you feel we have not been playing well for 'quite some time'

King has started to look shaky because the midfield hasn't been giving him as much protection in recent games and he's been up against some of the best strikers in the world. He's obviously on the decline but you just need to look at the win % with and without him even this season, as well as the number of games he hadn't lost up until the Emirates Marketing Project 3-2 to see he's still very much an asset.

Kaboul has been one of the best cbs in the league this season. Even pundits and other fans have noticed this. Walker may not have the best positioning in the world but I've never had a problem with his defending, in large part due to his incredible recovery pace. And this is his first full season in the top flight ffs. BAE is over-rated on this board and is liable to make stupid mistakes or fall asleep sometimes but I'm more than happy with him and with the decrease in quality of lbs in the league recently, I think he's about the same level as 3 or so other lbs.

We need at least one new cb and someone to cover both rb and lb (Naughton?) but I've been mostly happy with the defence this season. Silly lapses of concentration in the last few games, which you can't afford to do against players like Rooney and RVP but they've played well for the rest of the season.

Back