• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Think people are looking for something that isn’t there with Stellini staying on - plenty of assistants have taken over for a period of time at a club when a manager is sacked.

It just depends on the situation, and we clearly don’t have whoever our targets are ready to come in yet. If the season was a write off Mason would have taken charge I’m sure, but we still have a shot at top 4 and Stellini has shown he can do a job and no doubt will be given more money for doing so. No big deal…..

any examples of a managers long term assistant not leaving his role when the manager does?

He's been with conte for 12 years. Conte gave him his first job in coaching.

Maybe it was mutual. Conte had enough, off on holiday. Stellini you take it. See you at inter.
Yeh it's an odd one for me, not disappointed personally as he did well for us when needed and keeps a level of consistency, if he tweaks moral it could work.

It's rare and slightly strange that close knit team like Contes isn't leaving together, can't get my head round that part, will be loads of speculation I'm sure

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Yeh it's an odd one for me, not disappointed personally as he did well for us when needed and keeps a level of consistency, if he tweaks moral it could work.

It's rare and slightly strange that close knit team like Contes isn't leaving together, can't get my head round that part, will be loads of speculation I'm sure

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Presser next week should be good.

But minimal disruption for us. Also good.

Think people are looking for something that isn’t there with Stellini staying on - plenty of assistants have taken over for a period of time at a club when a manager is sacked.

It just depends on the situation, and we clearly don’t have whoever our targets are ready to come in yet. If the season was a write off Mason would have taken charge I’m sure, but we still have a shot at top 4 and Stellini has shown he can do a job and no doubt will be given more money for doing so. No big deal…..

I think Mason's impending paternity leave might have been a factor too

Spend 80 million on an unproven 20-year old? That's nuts even for the likes of City and Chelsea.

As for Conte, he's anything but a top manager. He'd have been one if he got last year's end of the season team to perform even better, especially after 200 million in transfers. I'm pretty sure any manager worth his salt would have gotten more out of this squad AND manage two games a week.

fudge him.

Yes it would have been a leap of faith to pay that for Gvardiol last summer. But post-world cup it looks great value. Certainly would have been more impactful than Richarlison and Bissouma. Going into the world cup break it was clear our defense was the issue. It held our attacking back. We simply leak too many goals. It undermined Conte and he could only get us conceding less by making us less adventurous.

Conte has an attention to detail. A determination to win. And a work ethic to achieve it. Maybe not the most brilliant manager, but he certainly has the ingredients with a strong coaching team to deliver. And to be fair he did okay for us. We are in 4th place. He's got more from the team than other recent managers have. Not enough granted, but he's not even had one full season with us!

To sum up; Conte did some really good things at Spurs, and some really bad things, and overall it was net "OK" but then things started to turn sour with boring sessions and toxic press conferences, and Spurs were performing below the sum of their talents.

To sum up; Conte did some really good things at Spurs, and some really bad things, and overall it was net "OK" but then things started to turn sour with boring sessions and toxic press conferences, and Spurs were performing below the sum of their talents.

Failure based on expectations and his cost

On balance probably the least disruptive path for the 10 game season we have left.

If Conte was the problem, that has been removed. We've had a flavour of it in recent weeks anyway.

It certainly leaves Mason less exposed.

We are still a live chance for 4th so let's not chuck that away.

It sounds like it's amicable, even the blessing of Conte to allow Stellini to follow his own path for a bit bodes well.

Gives us some breathing room to get the next guy signed up and also let the Paratici situation straighten itself out or alternatively dump him.

Back