• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

We can announce that Head Coach Antonio Conte has left the Club by mutual agreement. We achieved Champions League qualification in Antonio’s first season at the Club. We thank Antonio for his contribution and wish him well for the future.

Cristian Stellini will take the team as Acting Head Coach for the remainder of the season, along with Ryan Mason as Assistant Head Coach.

Daniel Levy, Chairman: “We have 10 Premier League games remaining and we have a fight on our hands for a Champions League place. We all need to pull together. Everyone has to step up to ensure the highest possible finish for our Club and amazing, loyal supporters.”
Antonio, thanks for the 4th place finish and I hope you have time to recuperate from the devastating losses in your life and get your health back. COYS!!!!!

IncredibleSevereFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

I couldn't wait for the change in this thread title! Such a shame it didn't work out (Spurs-y), and Stellini/Mason appears to be a great stop gap. COYS!!!!

Very happy! And happier still that Stellini is the acting manager until the end of the season. We played good stuff under him and he has said in the past that he wants to be a full time manager and this is his chance to impress. So happy to see the back of Conte though. I couldn’t stand that bricker.

"Mutual consent" essentially means we won't get sued like Chelsea were!

Clearly this season things haven't gone as well. Contempories dying around Conte, then getting sick himself. Plus last summer's transfer activity. I'd say these two factors were the biggest reason for him going. Which is a shame as there is no doubt, he is a top coach, and given time, and him being settled in the country, he could move us on. We needed last summer to be as good a transfer window as Jan 22 when we singed Bentancur and Kulu. That we spent whatever on Richarlison and Bissouma - logical, good signings - but they haven't helped us to progress as yet, that was a big issue. We weren't able to invest in the defense. And that was a big big big mistake. Spend the Richi and Bissouma money on Gvardiol last summer and we would be having a vastly different conversation now.

Conte leaves Spurs in a much better position - we are 4th ffs. But the issue is a lack of stability now. We need a setup that can build. Where fans and owner have some patience, and that does not look like happening. Who knows even Nuno might have done well should we have given a manager time. You need 3 seasons to build your side. And no manager gets that at the moment.

Back