• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

To sum up; Conte did some really good things at Spurs, and some really bad things, and overall it was net "OK" but then things started to turn sour with boring sessions and toxic press conferences, and Spurs were performing below the sum of their talents.

I worry about the boring sessions bit, if true, suggests to me a lack of professionalism on the part of any player who thinks like that.

And arrogance, to think that a coach of that stature isn’t working towards something worth paying attention to.

I worry about the boring sessions bit, if true, suggests to me a lack of professionalism on the part of any player who thinks like that.

And arrogance, to think that a coach of that stature isn’t working towards something worth paying attention to.
But it happened at every club he has been at

You'd have thought if Stellini and the rest of Contes team that are sticking around were on the same page as him wrt the comments made after Southampton game then they would have left as well

I speculated this might happen with mates, and think it's a smart bridge to the future. See these final ten games in a shape everyone understands but with more attacking intent/positive unmuddled energy. I think Conte's chaos was too much. I think his outburst also happened outside his coaching core, thus for the players Stellini and Mason are untainted.

Yeh it's an odd one for me, not disappointed personally as he did well for us when needed and keeps a level of consistency, if he tweaks moral it could work.

It's rare and slightly strange that close knit team like Contes isn't leaving together, can't get my head round that part, will be loads of speculation I'm sure

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I think Conte caught himself out. I think he lost it more than he expected to, and maybe thought the players would take him back. When he learned they wouldn't, perhaps he agreed to just stay away?

I think Conte caught himself out. I think he lost it more than he expected to, and maybe thought the players would take him back. When he learned they wouldn't, perhaps he agreed to just stay away?

Or, as he said, he was tired of rolling out the flimflam week in week out and realized that his time would be better served recovering than working with a group of no hopers.

Hopefully it'll work out for all parties, for Conte, just aiming for top four again this season will no doubt have been a disappointed considering the run at the end of last season coupled with our out of character decisive summer transfers window, - No decent CB and namely Richy / Bissouma / Perisic being underwhelming, no RWB that Conte wanted until January and a brick load of deadwood out on loan hampered us.

Some people are acting as if Conte was some seriel abuser and the club his victim, I'd say he had a curse of actually having standards and also being passionate but not in a "happy clapper" way. Funny how it's commonplace to get punished for telling the truth ie Conte / Linaker etc

Going in to the season getting a promising RWB and being one injury / suspension from us relying on Sanchez means we'd already thrown away the chance of doing something proper this season.

If people think another roll of the dice with Poch (who's either been at a PR plaything club or unemployed for accumulatively a year or more) is the fresh start we need, without actual changes to the way we run I just don't know. If it falls arse about face, then I guess everyone can just yammer on about the rebuild not having a chance due to it being Conte's squad, and we'll just lurch in another direction after that, repeat ad neausium.

Thanks for trying though Conte! Probably best you go to a club more suited, like a competitive one maybe.

Last edited:
I speculated this might happen with mates, and think it's a smart bridge to the future. See these final ten games in a shape everyone understands but with more attacking intent/positive unmuddled energy. I think Conte's chaos was too much. I think his outburst also happened outside his coaching core, thus for the players Stellini and Mason are untainted.

You should have speculated on here too, we're you're mates also ... promise.

Boring is fine, if it's getting you results. You actually get to see it pay off in games and as a player you accept it. But when it's not getting results, it's not just boring; it becomes mindless. Even if you're a professional footballer that gets paid millions.

Interesting that Stellini has stayed on
This did surprise me. Supposedly with Conte's blessing but does he potentially want to spread his wings away from Conte? It also suggests that the club believes Conte is specifically the issue as Stellini is his man and would presumably play a similar system.

This is not a totally clean break as is usually the case when a manager is sacked. It makes me think the mutual consent angle is actually accurate and the club and Conte have decided they no longer want to work together. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Also suggests things are mahbe not as bad at the club as suggested. I mean, he would be paid off and guaranteed a job with Conte in the next role, to stay in a scenario painted so badly by Conte would seen like self torture, maybe it's not all that bad. Maybe Conte frame of mind was not right, it certainly didn't seem to be

Conte is the second manager with a fairly decent trophy cabinet to a) leave the club less than two years after his appointment and b) claim our players don't have the right mindset. It does look like things are improving though - as unbelievable as it seems. Under Mourinho, the players downed tools against Dinamo. This time around, the performances were disappointing but the results remained fairly decent or, at least, acceptable. On the flip side, we changed half the squad in-between in the problem is yet to be solved.

There might be some truth in Conte's words that the problem lies with the club as I can't think of someone doing well at their club, coming to Spurs and then doing even better here - at least, not since Pochettino's last season.

It's typical to read posts bricking on the manager on his way out. It's not my thing, personally. The football was painful to watch at times and I grew tired of the the constant drama about his future but there's no doubt that, with the right players, Conte is a very good manager if not a top one. He's had a rough year on a personal level and it's quite possible that he only signed for us in the first place because Paratici badgered him for months. At the end of the day, results-wise, I've seen a lot worse in my time as a Spurs fan.

It's probably the best outcome for all parties but I can't help but think the club should be looking into the players' mindset when they try to sign them, rather than just the price.

Conte is the second manager with a fairly decent trophy cabinet to a) leave the club less than two years after his appointment and b) claim our players don't have the right mindset. It does look like things are improving though - as unbelievable as it seems. Under Mourinho, the players downed tools against Dinamo. This time around, the performances were disappointing but the results remained fairly decent or, at least, acceptable. On the flip side, we changed half the squad in-between in the problem is yet to be solved.

There might be some truth in Conte's words that the problem lies with the club as I can't think of someone doing well at their club, coming to Spurs and then doing even better here - at least, not since Pochettino's last season.

It's typical to read posts bricking on the manager on his way out. It's not my thing, personally. The football was painful to watch at times and I grew tired of the the constant drama about his future but there's no doubt that, with the right players, Conte is a very good manager if not a top one. He's had a rough year on a personal level and it's quite possible that he only signed for us in the first place because Paratici badgered him for months. At the end of the day, results-wise, I've seen a lot worse in my time as a Spurs fan.

It's probably the best outcome for all parties but I can't help but think the club should be looking into the players' mindset when they try to sign them, rather than just the price.
I'm not going to brick on the bloke but yo your point about players attitude let's be honest here, alot of this team came in his time or under Nuno who as here 5 mins. The long term player issue is abit of a convenient excuse that can be trotted out to cover their own reputations IMO

I wish him well but his squad management was atrocious

Although most of us probably agreed with what Conte said, he shouldn't have said it in a press conference and also should have accepted some of the blame...

I think it is the right decision to let him go and also to appoint an interim manager... If, for example, we appointed poch and we don't get get top four he would immediately be viewed as a failure.

Depending upon where we finish in the league will obviously have an effect upon the transfer budget for next season and whether our best player, Harry, wants to leave...

The board need to work out a plan for all scenarios and determine what the transfer budget will be and what manager will best suit the position we find ourselves in... That way we can act quickly and decisively when the season ends...

It doesn't seem that difficult to at least have that sort of strategy but I have very little confidence in the board and we will probably sell Harry at the end of the summer transfer window without a suitable replacement and a manager who expected him to stay...

But anyway, COYS

Back