• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Absolutely they could. Over the last few years Liverpool have used Robertson and Trent and have achieved a lot of success and yet those aren’t what you would call defensive full backs. If we moved to 4231 and we used a defensive pairing as the 2 then we would have strong defensive cover, width from the full backs and creativity with the CAM.
Pool play a 4-3-3
That would suit destiny, Porro, soence too and potentially sessegnon with a more positive coach
We have CMs who can play in a functional 3 and we have seen that this season they can score too

Today
With the players we have

Forster

porro. Romero Dier. Davies

Sarr hojbeeg

kulu. Kane. Richralison
Son

Next season

new keeper

Porro Romero LCB Destiny

Sarr bentacur

kulu. New 10. New left wing

Kane

Imo

I’d prefer Royal at centre back to Dier. Even if Royal is injured.

Pool play a 4-3-3
That would suit destiny, Porro, soence too and potentially sessegnon with a more positive coach
We have CMs who can play in a functional 3 and we have seen that this season they can score too

I know Liverpool play a different formation. My point was more that attacking fullbacks can be used in a back 4 as long as we had midfielders putting in a defensive shift ahead of them. And Liverpool show attacking full backs in a back 4 can work well if the system is right.

Didn’t he turn us down last time?…. What’s changed since?
Leicester are worse than us amazingly haha

They also released their financial and need to sell their remaining talent apparently

I don't want him though, he is down there with Pardew for me

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I know Liverpool play a different formation. My point was more that attacking fullbacks can be used in a back 4 as long as we had midfielders putting in a defensive shift ahead of them. And Liverpool show attacking full backs in a back 4 can work well if the system is right.
I agree
But those full backs have looked crap when he changed the system
He has gone back now to 4-3-3 and a boring midfield and they look better

Today
With the players we have

Forster

porro. Romero Dier. Davies

Sarr hojbeeg

kulu. Kane. Richralison
Son

Next season

new keeper

Porro Romero LCB Destiny

Sarr bentacur

kulu. New 10. New left wing

Kane

Imo

Christ, that defence…I’ll be hiding behind my couch during our games if anyone’s looking for me.

Leicester are worse than us amazingly haha

They also released their financial and need to sell their remaining talent apparently

I don't want him though, he is down there with Pardew for me

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
I suspect their chairman is more reasonable in the expectations versus finances delivered though.

Hard to know what to say really, this feeling of overwhelming depression through failure and not daring to do is all too painfully familiar.

Now despite falling out of love slightly with the game… VAR mainly but also, teams playing on cheat mode, or heck maybe just years of supporting this club and the never ending disappointment of hope killing my soul…

you know what, I would take something that makes fellow spurs fans happy.

Not that I personally want it, I cannot forgive the last year and half of his reign, I believe it would be a mistake to go back, yet all I keep seeing is clip after clip of poch celebrations post Ajax, with messages of the saviour returning to nourish our souls.

I fell out of Love with Poch, but I know how so many of you feel about him! I didn’t when I turned on him, but I get it, even though it seems like it’s looking at an ex with rose tinted glasses and only remembering the times they made you feel amazing.

but hey, spurs fans deserve some happiness and I think I’m going to be in the minority.

So yeah, I hope most of you get your hearts desire…and of course despite my reservations, I’d dearly love to see us play attractive football again.

True. Playing on the left wouldn’t work for him so I’d use Davies instead. Dier is not a good centre back.
That would be a small CB pairing
I’d stuck with Dier for this season
Then next year he can be back up for Romero
We need a commanding lamp post left centre back
I’d like us to go for Max Kilman

Back