• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

The ironic thing is that now we are out of all the cups and are back to playing one game a week Conte might actually start getting results in the league.

I’d like poch back and the football would be miles better but let’s manage our own expectations. We need two CB’s, at least two forwards after Kane has gone and Poch’s subs were hardly much better than Conte. Takes ages to make them, even said in his book he was reluctant to make subs in fear of hurting players feelings.

The ironic thing is that now we are out of all the cups and are back to playing one game a week Conte might actually start getting results in the league.

Also wonder whether a new manager would prefer to join in the summer rather than now

Solving our lack of creativity is a problem, but we just dont have those players in the squad

I’d like poch back and the football would be miles better but let’s manage our own expectations. We need two CB’s, at least two forwards after Kane has gone and Poch’s subs were hardly much better than Conte. Takes ages to make them, even said in his book he was reluctant to make subs in fear of hurting players feelings.

I would take him and and a year of grief to sort things out if it meant everyone was in the same direction

There is a great article on the standard website about how its always felt like Conte has never really wanted to be here which sums it up for me

We need 2 CBs, a GK and a creative player and IMO we'd then have the majority of the rebuild done.

If Kane goes (not sure he will) use the cash on another CF and give Richie more chances

Conte was never going to be anything other than Conte - it surprises me how many people have been caught out by the way we are playing, the mindset of the team and the way he wants to build a winning team - he improves the odd player but most if not all his success has been from buying ready made players. We are not that club. So it was never gonna work.

So to Poch... Let's be honest Spurs broke Poch last time. It took five years, a new stadium stripping our budget, and a lack of vision from Levy, but basically the club made Poch untenable.

If we are going to give Poch a 10 year stint at the helm, come what may, we will win things if his philosophy is backed. And that hinges on Paratici as much as Levy now.

Conte was never going to be anything other than Conte - it surprises me how many people have been caught out by the way we are playing, the mindset of the team and the way he wants to build a winning team - he improves the odd player but most if not all his success has been from buying ready made players. We are not that club. So it was never gonna work.

So to Poch... Let's be honest Spurs broke Poch last time. It took five years, a new stadium stripping our budget, and a lack of vision from Levy, but basically the club made Poch untenable.

If we are going to give Poch a 10 year stint at the helm, come what may, we will win things if his philosophy is backed. And that hinges on Paratici as much as Levy now.

I agree completely. The uncertainty around Paratici is an additional complication for Levy here. You just know that he has texted Poch already to ensure that he is available, as of now or in the summer. But if Levy sacks Conte now, and I hope he does given the kind fixture list that we have, then Poch will want to know what the situation with the DoF and him and Levy is going to be. And I'm not sure even Levy knows that himself.

And, an additional thought: sacking Conte and Paratici at the end of the season, when Conte's contract runs out and if the initial verdict in the Juve case is not overturned, is a hell of a lot cheaper than firing both now. Any guesses? Would that be 10m now, and zero in the summer?

We can’t keep changing managers every time we have a bad spell.

This is not a bad spell. It has been a bad season, papered over by the occasional fluke result. Even our best results (Frankfurt at home, Marseille away, Chelsea at home) were achieved in games when we did not play well.

Plus if we get Poch, we know he might stay for 5-10 years

If Gallardo does well, he'll be tapped up by Real, Barca etc

Get Poch in. He wants to come back, is proud of being our manager, plays good football, is a decent bloke

Its a no brainer
If Poch comes back and does well then I would also expect him to leave for a Real Madrid type club in a couple of year’s time. The club showed him zero loyalty last time so why should Pochettino show any loyalty to Spurs in the future? I suspect he now regrets staying at Spurs instead of going to Man Utd or Madrid as he could’ve done when massively outperforming the resources given to him last time.

If the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result then Conte is without doubt afflicted. But so am I: I keep going to watch this shower and keep getting annoyed when I return home frustrated, considerably lighter of pocket and thoroughly unentertained. Watching Spurs has become mind-numbingly dull. One of our legends talked about playing the game with flair and not waiting for the opposition to die of boredom. It’s not just the other lot dying of boredom now, it’s the fans too. What have we become?

We all saw what happened at Man Utd when they had a coach in place that was only going to be there for a few months. Different circumstances I know, but same result: lack of engagement from the players, disconnect with the fans, failure from anyone to buy into any kind of playing philosophy. United did the right thing and acted when it clearly wasn’t working to put Ten Hag in place early and we can all see the progression occurring now.

It’s time we did the same.

until then, my ticket will be going onto the exchange every week. If it sells, I have a day at home with my family. If it doesn’t, I will ‘have to’ go. I’ll let the insanity of other spurs fans decide whether or not I attend.

I am just trying to think of games this season in which we did play well. Maybe Brighton away? The second half at home to Liverpool perhaps, and part of the game at home to Leeds. And then Emirates Marketing Project at home, and that's probably it.

This is not a bad spell. It has been a bad season, papered over by the occasional fluke result. Even our best results (Frankfurt at home, Marseille away, Chelsea at home) were achieved in games when we did not play well.

we were in a good position going into the WC break iirc

Our league position is presently above expectation and our final position at the end of the season is likely to be within a place or two either way of realistic expectation. We had a manager who could consistently significantly outperform realistic expectation in the league but the chairman sacked him.

Last edited:
Back