• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Frankly, the way he has conducted himself recently says quite enough to me. You coached. Would you ever have blasted your team repeatedly in public without even addressing them first and the jetted off out of the country (or even down to Weston Super Mare for a weekend on the cider?! :D)

Probably not but then again i do not have reporters trying to stir brick by shoving a mike under my nose. :cool:

PS nad i do not drink cider its a girle drink.

We all knew it was going to end in tears. Said it when he signed. Was just hoping for a trophy on the way. He got us cl again though and we might still get it again. So i would say worth it. But it's over now.

I would say that we have challenged for trophies, 3 finals and 5 Semi Final appearences in the last 10 years - if you mean win trophies then yeah we obviously haven't won any but 8 SF or better in 10 seasons is surely a sign of challenging.
I believe the difficulty around winning trophies has actually been because we have over committed without having the squad depth. Very difficult to win trophies and finish top 4 in the same season. We have also had some bad luck at key moments. Sissoko's ridiculous "handball" decision in the CL final springs to mind - meaning we were immediately on the backfoot to a very good Liverpool side.

Last edited:
I believe the difficulty around winning trophies has actually been because we have over committed without having the squad depth. Very difficult to win trophies and finish top 4 in the same season. We have also had some bad luck at key moments. Sissoko's ridiculous "handball" decision in the CL final springs to mind - meaning we were immediately on the backdoor to a very good Liverpool side.

Did the same in 87. Just shattered by the end and missed out on everything.

Probably not but then again i do not have reporters trying to stir brick by shoving a mike under my nose. :cool:

PS nad i do not drink cider its a girle drink.

Hahaha...I might've agreed before a night spent in Bristol with Massive Attack in their local drinking scrumpy...I genuinely forgot hours of that night. I do remember ending it with Del Naja telling me of his love for Napoli and why Sheringham was overrated hahahaha...

I believe the difficulty around winning trophies has actually been because we have over committed without having the squad depth. Very difficult to win trophies and finish top 4 in the same season. We have also had some bad luck at key moments. Sissoko's ridiculous "handball" decision in the CL final springs to mind - meaning we were immediately on the backdoor to a very good Liverpool side.

I will never, ever get over that.
I still believe had that ludicrous decision not been given we'd have won that game.

If the timing had been right under Pochettino and the team peaked when we moved in to the stadium rather than a couple of seasons prior then there's every chance that he/the team/the club would have achieved great success together - As much as i love Poch i don't think he's a 1 in a million manager, he just fit the club well (as well as being a good manager) Other managers can and will do a good job here, we have just appointed a succession of managers that don't fit the club or aren't good enough - get the manager right and it has demonstratably been shown that we can fight a level or two above our standing with ENIC in charge, so i don't know why people have this notion that we can't expect to do better than 4th with them (especially when the peak is CL final and 2nd in the PL)

While I agree the manager is the single most important ingredient, I would argue that the right recruitment is crucial as well. This is an area which we have been palpable bad at. Beginning with Poch, no manager/coach has really bought well. While it can be argued that it is not the managers role, we have seen with Conte he wont play players he considers are not "his players". Spence, Bissouma and the Spanish winger are clear examples of this. We simply must get recruitment right -and that starts with Conte's inevitable replacement.

Also, not one of our academy players since Kane has really made it - Skipp and Winks are peripherals - and we have wasted a lot of talented kids - Edwards, KWP, Pritchard, Foyth, etc. Is our academy really doing its job?

speculation , yes - but with more than a hint of authenticity for me.

Im always sceptical on speculation as I often think the press paint a picture based on hindsight which then resonates with the fans which is then lapped up.

That said, there are elements, for that reason that you look at which regardless of speculation you have to question. Maybe over smoked and definitely over discussed (especially by me) but the over loyalty and mismanagement of Son would in any environment cause ill feeling, we know enough about football to know that, any player sat on the side-lines, especially coming in as a new fresh look would have right to feel marginalised. There were also the times of late subs when instead of brining on the summer recruits for time on the pitch he decided to bring on others rank out of form (Palace leaving Spence on the bench was a blatant kick when 4-0 up). Now we all hear the same "well he sees them in training" or "there must be an attitude" well if that was the case for all decisions then we would be the most unlucky side in the world for it which I don't believe.

Ultimately regardless of why and where and how, Conte has narrowed down his squad for one reason and another and self harmed, we can all sulk that we are not City or Chelsea but it does no one any favours, he is manager of Tottenham Hotspurs and bu11brick aside he has to do the job at hand, the job he was employed just over a year ago to do, if any of us like it or not. Failure to do so lays on his head as much as anyone, he took the job, he knew the club he knew the risks and if he didn't he should sack the team around him

I will never, ever get over that.
I still believe had that ludicrous decision not been given we'd have won that game.
I thought we had a 0.0001% chance of beating Pool. I was driving home from the airport on the M25 at the time. Switched on Radio Five Live and they said "blah blah here we go, Liverpool push forwards and... penalty" and I just thought "Yep, there it is, pointless match, we've lost as fully expected".

Did not help that they came into it on the back of a of a freakish run like this -

WWWWWWWWWWWLWWW

whilst we were coming into it on a brick run like this -

LLDWLLWWWLLWLLLWD

Last edited:
Back