• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Massive overhaul? Really? Maybe two/three players in central midfield (top destroyer OR top creative type), a top class centre back and goalkeeper and i think we'd be more able to hold out the likes of Wolves, Leicester and Southampton at least
Keeper, 2xCB (if continuing with a 3 at the back) 1xCB (if reverting to a back 2) 1 x creative central midfielder (if moving away from the 3-4-3).

If you can find me 4 posts of me demanding money and we spend big i will literally post a video of me eating my hat.

I think you may be getting confused with my argument. I said with Poch’s best team Conte and Mourinho would have won something, you are now going talking about the team Poch took over. I’m saying that with the team Poch had at its best, if he had left and Conte took over he would have won something. Poch coached them into a good team and if someone had taken over that team they would have still been the players they were. Poch didn’t win anything with the best team in league.
Don’t make me laugh. Poch’s best team included Wanyama, Eriksen Son, Dele and Rose. Mourinho got nothing out of the latter pair while also failing to convince Eriksen to stay. Conte sold Dele, and the less said about what has happened to Son this season under the Italian maestro the better. I doubt either would have bought Victor Wanyama let alone turn him into the power house he became in that 16/17 season.

Conte has a far better squad now than Poch did in his last full season and with that squad what has he done? Lost to Forest and Sheffield Utd in the cups, meekly eliminated from the Champions League (after being humiliated last year in the conference) and now blowing a chance for 4th when 2 rivals for champions league places have had relatively poor seasons by their standards.

Reactions: DTA
He's never won a knockout tie in the CL either has he?

But sure, he'd have been the difference maker had he managed to get a team with Sissoko & Winks as his midfield options to the final in the first place- the world some people live in...

Won one with Juve in 2012/13 to be precise...but your overall point stands regardless

That’s extraordinary for a so called elite manager.

Imagine being a CEO and having a man like this working for you, managing the first team, consistently overachieving versus resources provided and then choosing not to listen to him when he tells you exactly what is needed because you think you know more than him about football?

One way to look at it. Bet you can't see the other.

It really doesn't matter who we get in, the squad needs a massive overhaul ... get rid of the dross and get some hungry players in .... pochettino anyone? @Gutter Boy

2 new starters and Poch could have us as contenders. A CB and a creative ACM - say Ndicka and Kudus. The rest will all be organic growth and players playing to their potential (and above the sum of their parts).

It really is hard to fathom why he is still in post - other than the usual standards of mismanagement on the football side of things.

Where/why did it go wrong vs SCBC though? Was it specific things on the day or systematic problems we've seen for a while?
I can't quite make up my mind because losing a two goal lead in 25 minutes vs the bottom side is shambolic either way...

Having gone 1-3 up, attempting to then defend on our 18 yard line for the remainder of the game with a team that’s utterly brick at defending probably played its part.

Someone has said the translation isn't quite right.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Romero is one of the players Conte is talking about.

Just won the World Cup, so could still be living in that moment. But he doesn't hold back on the pitch. He wants to win.

Keeper, 2xCB (if continuing with a 3 at the back) 1xCB (if reverting to a back 2) 1 x creative central midfielder (if moving away from the 3-4-3).

Sorry, I know I've posted this before. But I think Poch next season with this squad could get us comfortably 2nd in the league (behind City):

------------------------------------Lloris/Henderson

Spence(Royal)------Romero(Dier)-----Ndicka(Edwards)----Udogie(Davies)

-------------------Bentancur(Sarr)----------Skipp(Bissouma)

Kulusevski(Porro)----------------Kudus(Scott)--------------------Son(Gil)

----------------------------------Kane/Richarlison

Champions League final, Liverpool were there for the taking and everyone knew Moura should have started.

Answer me this, would Conte have won the league with the team Poch had?
There for the taking? Liverpool finished that very same season on 97 points only losing out to City who finished on 98 points! They also came into the final on a 14 wins out of 15 Streak! We had lost 8 of 15!

Liverpool were rampant that season and a far better side than the dogged, tired last vestiges of Poch's great Tottenham side. We did amazingly to get to the final but we were never the favourites and not just because "it's Tottenham" but the literal vast difference in the quality of the two sides. Its the sad truth. Moura should have started but I don't think it would have made a difference in the end.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back