• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Anyone else predict an announcement of Conte leaving 'by mutual consent' in the hour leading up to the first England match after the starting line-ups have been announced?

They put in large bids for both of those players but didn't get them, yet they still went out and paid money for two good players. We signed a couple of freebie has-beens.
'Put in a large bid'....:D...where have I heard that before.

Same line....but means something different, eh.

You'd find it hard to find a Chelsea fan who was sad to see Jorginho go.

Depends how long it takes to agree the terms of the NDA I think. ;)

Hmm, that good ol' NDA....Do all clubs have them wrt to coaches and players or are we quite different in that regard compared to other clubs?

If there was ever a manager mad enough not to care about an NDA it's probably Conte, plus it's not like he has years left on his contract anyway so....

Where/why did it go wrong vs SCBC though? Was it specific things on the day or systematic problems we've seen for a while?
I can't quite make up my mind because losing a two goal lead in 25 minutes vs the bottom side is shambolic either way...

It really doesn't matter who we get in, the squad needs a massive overhaul ... get rid of the dross and get some hungry players in .... pochettino anyone? @Gutter Boy

Massive overhaul? Really? Maybe two/three players in central midfield (top destroyer OR top creative type), a top class centre back and goalkeeper and i think we'd be more able to hold out the likes of Wolves, Leicester and Southampton at least

If that's our ambition as fans and a club you would be right

Massive overhaul? Really? Maybe two/three players in central midfield (top destroyer OR top creative type), a top class centre back and goalkeeper and i think we'd be more able to hold out the likes of Wolves, Leicester and Southampton at least

No, reality is this squad with some simple tweaks

- Dump the 3 at the back, it's gives us nothing
- Play an extra man in midfield ffs, can we not leave our midfielders outnumbered every fudging game then complain why they struggle and/or didn't track runners?
- Play people on form
- Use the squad to keep energy/tempo up
- Take the fudging handbrake off, stop expecting automatons

Do that, and you would have beat Villa, Wolves, Leicester, Southampton, do that and you would be 2nd right now.

Add a CB to play alongside Romero, a creative midfielder to off another supply route and a long term Hugo successor and you will have a decent side (bring back and properly evaluate Gil, Spence, Udogie)

The difference is Paratici now.

BTW Conte's short contract... Has it ever been established whose idea it was? Conte or the club's?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Which should mean all signings are club signings.

I'm just worried that if he is the one finding our managers, he has gone for defencive ones so far .. but I'm sure he won't have the full say on the matter

Didn't see the game - I was hiking through Water Buffalo poo in Thailand.
Just saw the interview. If Conte is genuine (and I've had serious doubts about that for a while), then next game he needs to have dropped all of the players he is referring to - otherwise his authority is completely gone. Although I think it has been for months and Levy is letting a few things play out to weed out the problems at the club and start afresh with a project from the summer. Probably with Poch.

All a bit of a cluster fudge really.

Back