• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Neither Conte or Mourinho would've got to a point where they had Poch's best team, they want to purchase big money players instead of coaching from within. I also seriously doubt that Conte (or Mourinho) would've won something with Poch's team. Firstly they would've been hamstrung by the chairman insisting that CL qualification was more important than winning a trophy and secondly Poch's best team wasn't at all suited to playing defensive, negative, counter attacking football.
Agree there, wouldn't have even joined to inherit Vlad, Naughton and Co

We would have broken both way before the days that Poch had with the cream once they were whipped into shape

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Pochettino was the man who deserved time at the club. He had earned that.

I also would like us to keep Conte, mainly because I don't have a great deal of faith that our CEO will go and get a decent manager to replace him and don't trust him to back that new manager properly either.
So just because Levy didn't make the right managerial appointments in the past, it means he will never ever make a good managerial appointment till the end of time? There is no such thing as a learning curve? We were slagging him off for not spending money. Now that he is we are slagging him off for not backing the manager. When he backs the manager, if it so happens we haven't won something, we will slag him off for something else. Beat him over the head for not setting us up like a Brighton or a Brentford. But not for what you are upset with him about, because that's knee-jerk and not well thought out.

So just because Levy didn't make the right managerial appointments in the past, it means he will never ever make a good managerial appointment till the end of time? There is no such thing as a learning curve? We were slagging him off for not spending money. Now that he is we are slagging him off for not backing the manager. When he backs the manager, if it so happens we haven't won something, we will slag him off for something else. Beat him over the head for not setting us up like a Brighton or a Brentford. But not for what you are upset with him about, because that's knee-jerk and not well thought out.

Redknapp to AVB to Poch to Mourinho to Nuno to Conte.... No continuation at all in terms of style of play. When you do this you render players signed for a particular manager to be not suitable for the next one. Gill and Royal in the summer than Nuno came are a good example of this, a traditional full back and a left winger for £55m and then appoint a manager who doesn't play with full backs or wingers. I doubt the next man we appoint will play with wing-backs, which could mean our new £45m right wing back is an expensive misfit. Time will tell but history doesn't give me great hope.

Redknapp to AVB to Poch to Mourinho to Nuno to Conte.... No continuation at all in terms of style of play. When you do this you render players signed for a particular manager to be not suitable for the next one. Gill and Royal in the summer than Nuno came are a good example of this, a traditional full back and a left winger for £55m and then appoint a manager who doesn't play with full backs or wingers. I doubt the next man we appoint will play with wing-backs, which could mean our new £45m right wing back is an expensive misfit. Time will tell but history doesn't give me great hope.
In this context, I agree. Which is why I said "beat him over the head for not setting us up like a Brighton or Brentford." Given the money spent under Conte, I do expect Levy to make an appointment that will best utilize the squad that we have (understanding that we still need a CB or two and a new GK). If he appoints a complete misfit vis-a-vis the players we have, I'll take my words back.

You can't compare the two. Poch wasn't backed. Conte has been backed. So Conte's comments ring a bit hollow.

Poch had performed as well as any manager could have and made these comments to push the club to get to the next level. His comments were genuine and had much more gravitas because of what he had already achieved at Spurs. Conte is just covering his ass by rehashing stuff that he knows many fans will agree with and to deflect any blame from himself.
So Conte isn't able to assess the players because he got to buy a few?
That's what you're saying in essence.

The difference is Paratici now.

BTW Conte's short contract... Has it ever been established whose idea it was? Conte or the club's?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

You must be new here ( only joking), but you do know there are those who put all the blame on Levy for everything that goes wrong. We even have a member here who sticks pins into his Levy doll for everything. ;)

In all the truths, half-truths and misdirection from that epic Conte rant/tantrum my main questions is, who exactly are these 'selfish' players being referred to?

Na you are the one on other threads moaning about the money spent and how much more resource is needed

Rose and Walker, you are clearly remembering the players they became not the players at the time he took over...

Son you have obviously got confused with someone else

I don't have goggles I can call a spade a spade but to try and say Poch was given the resources of other managers is a damp right lie, just because his system managed to get the best out of Dembele (another panned before Poch joined) and his foresight to push Dier out from defence (a move that would make him a GHod even today)

Let's least not forget the window we spent zero money either....

I'm not the one with the goggles mate

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Windows- 3 to be precise

In all the truths, half-truths and misdirection from that epic Conte rant/tantrum my main questions is, who exactly are these 'selfish' players being referred to?

There are none, it's all flimflam. Just like people harping on about the great rebuild/refresh needed.

You could put out a squad of -> Forster/Lloris, Royal/Porro, Romero, Lenglet, Davies/Perisic, PEH/Skipp, Sarr/Bentancur, Son/Richi, Kane, Deki (not including Spence, Gil, Udogie options) and out 16, 4 have been here long, 2 of which are top tier (Kane, Son). The decision to play Dier and Sanchez, or 5 that requires one/both of them, is on Conte.

The amount of comments that make me wonder if people have ever been exposed to huge projects, big targets? sorry Conte, yes you build a plan, no you don't get every last resource you requested, yes the targets are unfair and borderline unrealistic, and fudging yes, if you fail, you go .. that why you get paid £13.5M/yr. And fudging yes, it's your job to motivate and enable your players/employees.

So Conte isn't able to assess the players because he got to buy a few?
That's what you're saying in essence.
What I am saying is that Conte hasn't earned any credit at this club for him to say what he is saying, something that Mauricio had done in spades. I don't care about the credit he earned elsewhere. The only thing that matters is what he has done at Spurs. For him to utter the same words as Poch, he has to have us a few points from the top of the table or a game from a final and complain because we did not give him the final piece(s) to get us over the top. He has done nothing of the sort.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-truth-antonio-conte-2219703

The truth about Tottenham is staring Antonio Conte in the face – but he’s unwilling to accept it
The Italian has been given more resources than any Spurs manager in history and wasted them all
This part sums up Conte. I really want him out yesterday.

I got this wrong. I thought that Conte might add something that this club lacked: passionate leadership. But when things begin to go awry, a leader relies upon his experience and expertise as an ingredient of improvement. A leader does not detail the ways in which that experience and expertise makes him better than those who must follow him into the next challenge.

Back