• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Which was built and coached into shape with ALOT less money than both managers had to spend

Look at his first team versus those teams you are rating

Not sure how hard that is to understand

As I say, you constantly go on about how much should be spent so you clearly think money is king at clubs....based on your own standards they had alot more to work with

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
I’m not sure where you are getting your information from or if you have me mixed up with someone else but i have never said anything about spending loads of money.

Lloris, Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Dembele, Son, Kane, Eriksen were all here before Poch so the core of the team wasn’t even built by him. I get he coached them in a certain way, but with the players he had at his disposal it was a much better team than what Mourinho and Conte had and they are expected to win things but Poch gets a free pass? Take the goggles off.

Champions League final, Liverpool were there for the taking and everyone knew Moura should have started.

Answer me this, would Conte have won the league with the team Poch had?
You mean the same Liverpool team that finished with 26 more points and than us in the league that season with a goal difference of +67 and beat us in both Premier League matches?.... Te the same Liverpool team that won the league with 99 points the following season? Yep - they were really 'there for the taking!'

Champions League final, Liverpool were there for the taking and everyone knew Moura should have started.

Answer me this, would Conte have won the league with the team Poch had?

How is any of this even relevant? Conte has had us playing terrible football for 8 months, well behind where we should be and slagging the club off at every point. Nothing else matters.

Not sure if bottled is the correct word and I’m not sure who were favourites but collectively we really should have beaten Man U in the 2018 FA Cup semifinal. Ok 1-2 gives the semblance of being close but the truth is we gave up a 1-0 lead too easily and offered nothing for the last half hour of the game. That game will always stick in my mind as the turning point in the Poch era. Not saying Poch was to blame but we had enough experience by that point to start winning these type of games.
We were 1-0 and playing well until Dembele uncharacteristically lost the ball to Pogba when dribbling and Man Utd scored directly from that turnover.

He created a very good team but severe lack of funds meant that he had a very weak squad. Teams win matches, squads win titles.
Yep because Leicester team was full of world class talent. Everyone has been saying all season how Arsenals squad wasn’t good enough but they seem to be doing ok with a good starting 11. I can list lots of clubs that have won something with a much worse squad than what Poch had.

I’m not sure where you are getting your information from or if you have me mixed up with someone else but i have never said anything about spending loads of money.

Lloris, Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Dembele, Son, Kane, Eriksen were all here before Poch so the core of the team wasn’t even built by him. I get he coached them in a certain way, but with the players he had at his disposal it was a much better team than what Mourinho and Conte had and they are expected to win things but Poch gets a free pass? Take the goggles off.
Son wasn't there before Poch. Also none of those players you mentioned were considered to be great players at that point. Walker and (especially) Rose used to get dogs abuse on here prior to Poch.

Yep because Leicester team was full of world class talent. Everyone has been saying all season how Arsenals squad wasn’t good enough but they seem to be doing ok with a good starting 11. I can list lots of clubs that have won something with a much worse squad than what Poch had.
The season that Leicester won the league nobody expected anything from us. Both Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal were bigger favourites to win the title than us. I think we were 5th or even 6th favourites at the start of the season.

Perhaps you can list clubs that won something with a much worse squad than what Poch had but I bet you can't name a single team that achieved 4 CL qualifications in a row in their country with the 6th or 7th highest wage bill and the 17th biggest transfer budget in the division..... and that's before even considering playing close to 2 seasons of home games at Wembley.

Also if you compare and contrast Arsenal to Spurs.... Under Redknapp we had a genuine chance of winning the league in January and he asked for two players. The chairman got him Nelson and Saha on frees. Arsenal went out and got their manager Trossard and Jorginho. The height of ambition for one of those two clubs is a top 4 finish.

I'm guessing you were one of those on here that were vocal in wanting Pochettino sacked when he was having his first bad season in his 6th at the club and are now finding it hard to admit that perhaps that wasn't such a great idea?

Na you are the one on other threads moaning about the money spent and how much more resource is needed

Rose and Walker, you are clearly remembering the players they became not the players at the time he took over...

Son you have obviously got confused with someone else

I don't have goggles I can call a spade a spade but to try and say Poch was given the resources of other managers is a damp right lie, just because his system managed to get the best out of Dembele (another panned before Poch joined) and his foresight to push Dier out from defence (a move that would make him a GHod even today)

Let's least not forget the window we spent zero money either....

I'm not the one with the goggles mate

Arsenal haven't won anything yet.

Fcuking hell

Now Poch is responsible for other clubs rolling over for Leicester and Arsenal....some lad is our Poch

Fcuking hell

Now Poch is responsible for other clubs rolling over for Leicester and Arsenal....some lad is our Poch

I think the final sentence in my post above is likely to be key here. Some people tend to double down when the evidence shows them that they were wrong previously.

The season that Leicester won the league nobody expected anything from us. Both Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal were bigger favourites to win the title than us. I think we were 5th or even 6th favourites at the start of the season.

Perhaps you can list clubs that won something with a much worse squad than what Poch had but I bet you can't name a single team that achieved 4 CL qualifications in a row in their country with the 6th or 7th highest wage bill and the 17th biggest transfer budget in the division..... and that's before even considering playing close to 2 seasons of home games at Wembley.

I'm guessing you were one of those on here that were vocal in wanting Pochettino sacked when he was having his first bad season in his 6th at the club and are now finding it hard to admit that perhaps that wasn't such a great idea?
Sounds like more excuses to me. Its my opinion and you are clearly getting upset because it doesn’t match your own.

I support all of our managers and even openly said i was willing to give Mourinho and Conte time when going through their first bad patches. Obviously i am now Conte out for obvious reasons but trying to assume my view on Poch to try and belittle me in a discussion seems a little bit low don’t you think?

I think the final sentence in my post above is likely to be key here. Some people tend to double down when the evidence shows them that they were wrong previously.
Assuming something and trying to claim it to be true is a bit immature, how old are you?

Sounds like more excuses to me. Its my opinion and you are clearly getting upset because it doesn’t match your own.

I support all of our managers and even openly said i was willing to give Mourinho and Conte time when going through their first bad patches. Obviously i am now Conte out for obvious reasons but trying to assume my view on Poch to try and belittle me in a discussion seems a little bit low don’t you think?
Assuming a view?

You sent half hour making your view very clear TBH, maybe you rated Poch but your posts have done nothing but slate the bloke

Na you are the one on other threads moaning about the money spent and how much more resource is needed

Rose and Walker, you are clearly remembering the players they became not the players at the time he took over...

Son you have obviously got confused with someone else

I don't have goggles I can call a spade a spade but to try and say Poch was given the resources of other managers is a damp right lie, just because his system managed to get the best out of Dembele (another panned before Poch joined) and his foresight to push Dier out from defence (a move that would make him a GHod even today)

Let's least not forget the window we spent zero money either....

I'm not the one with the goggles mate

If you can find me 4 posts of me demanding money and we spend big i will literally post a video of me eating my hat.

I think you may be getting confused with my argument. I said with Poch’s best team Conte and Mourinho would have won something, you are now going talking about the team Poch took over. I’m saying that with the team Poch had at its best, if he had left and Conte took over he would have won something. Poch coached them into a good team and if someone had taken over that team they would have still been the players they were. Poch didn’t win anything with the best team in league.

Pochettino was the man who deserved time at the club. He had earned that.

I also would like us to keep Conte, mainly because I don't have a great deal of faith that our CEO will go and get a decent manager to replace him and don't trust him to back that new manager properly either.

If you can find me 4 posts of me demanding money and we spend big i will literally post a video of me eating my hat.

I think you may be getting confused with my argument. I said with Poch’s best team Conte and Mourinho would have won something, you are now going talking about the team Poch took over. I’m saying that with the team Poch had at its best, if he had left and Conte took over he would have won something. Poch coached them into a good team and if someone had taken over that team they would have still been the players they were. Poch didn’t win anything with the best team in league.
Neither Conte or Mourinho would've got to a point where they had Poch's best team, they want to purchase big money players instead of coaching from within.

I also seriously doubt that Conte (or Mourinho) would've won something if they were just given Poch's team at its peak. Firstly they would've been hamstrung by the chairman insisting that CL qualification was more important than winning a trophy and secondly Poch's best team wasn't at all suited to playing defensive, negative, counter attacking football.

Back