• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

He is going to have to play better than he did against Norwich if he wants to keep Chadli and Lamela out of the starting line up.

Shooting more than a goal hungry Defoe and failing to deliver a decent cross is hardly international form, unless you happen to be English.

He is going to have to play better than he did against Norwich if he wants to keep Chadli and Lamela out of the starting line up.

Shooting more than a goal hungry Defoe and failing to deliver a decent cross is hardly international form, unless you happen to be English.

:lol:

Never considered the comparison with Defoe but its an excellent point. His constant shooting, when he barely finds the net, and when we have players capable of doing something with the ball is soon to become very tiresome.

His attitude has taken him further than more naturally gifted youngsters at our club. However he really needs to realize he could contribute and impress everyone so much more if he made more mature decisions and displayed the ability to craft intelligent passages of play rather than shoot on sight.

i like his attitude, his c0ckiness

imv ahead if Lennon now

Wow that didn't take much. Lennon has been a mainstay ever since we started to turn around from a team who usually were mucking around with the other midtable dross.

Let's see Azza back, see how he plays with the new team and then decide. I think Lennon might be reborn in this new look side.

Wow that didn't take much. Lennon has been a mainstay ever since we started to turn around from a team who usually were mucking around with the other midtable dross.

Let's see Azza back, see how he plays with the new team and then decide. I think Lennon might be reborn in this new look side.

Lennon has needed a huge kick up the backside for a while now. Now he has to fight Lamela and Townsend so lets see what the little fella is made of. Im interested too to see how he fairs with the new players when he gets his chance

His attitude has taken him further than more naturally gifted youngsters at our club. However he really needs to realize he could contribute and impress everyone so much more if he made more mature decisions and displayed the ability to craft intelligent passages of play rather than shoot on sight.

He played quite differently in the second half against Norwich - I reckon AVB had a word at half time.

People are rubbishing Townsend's crossing but that is selling him way short imo. Yes a few do go sailing way over the defence - not everyone can be a Beckham, not even Bale! - but he is just as likely to try something more intelligent. For example he will opt to dink or chip from the byline back towards onrushing forwards or better still pick out a low skidder across the goal in the corridor between defence and keeper as he did perfectly for Paulinho's goal in Tbilisi.

As for his shooting, whilst he has a decent long-range shot in him he obviously needs to choose his moments better, but that will surely come.

Lennon has needed a huge kick up the backside for a while now. Now he has to fight Lamela and Townsend so lets see what the little fella is made of. Im interested too to see how he fairs with the new players when he gets his chance

We have really got to see something like the Lennon of a few years ago for him to reclaim a place in this team. The Lennon of the last couple of years won't be good enough.

he was involved in Sig's second goal at the weekend.....came inside with the ball, dragging defenders with him, laid it off to Eriksen who played in Paulinno who had acres of space to run into as a result of Townsend vacating the right hand side

People are rubbishing Townsend's crossing but that is selling him way short imo. Yes a few do go sailing way over the defence - not everyone can be a Beckham, not even Bale! - but he is just as likely to try something more intelligent. For example he will opt to dink or chip from the byline back towards onrushing forwards or better still pick out a low skidder across the goal in the corridor between defence and keeper as he did perfectly for Paulinho's goal in Tbilisi.

As for his shooting, whilst he has a decent long-range shot in him he obviously needs to choose his moments better, but that will surely come.

Agreed. He put in a very good cross with his right against Norwich too iirc.

Tries too hard to be Bale IMO

I've heard worse things about a player. Wasn't this said about Bale too "tries too hard to be Ronaldo?

Trying hard to become like a hugely successful superstar who by all accounts got there by working immensely hard year after year to keep improving is fine in my book.

This, he's got pace, he can take on his man, he's just got to figure out what is effective for him.

Re some of the other comments, I would not dismiss Lennon so easily.

Sometimes I question myself because so few people agree with me at times!

If we continue to line up like we currently are, I think that it is more likely that he will be fighting for a place against Sig and Chadli on the left. But even on the right, he offers something that none of our other right midfielders do, so I am sure he will be used in games where AVB thinks that will be an advantage.

If we continue to line up like we currently are, I think that it is more likely that he will be fighting for a place against Sig and Chadli on the left. But even on the right, he offers something that none of our other right midfielders do, so I am sure he will be used in games where AVB thinks that will be an advantage.

like what?

Back