• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

He has had 9 loans and steadily got better, moving to a better club each time. He has just moved from playing for QPR at the bottom of the PL to playing for us at the top. He is on a steady upward curve and to shoot him down when he has not shown any signs of plateauing as of yet is nonsensical and I believe most of the board would share this sentiment.

It is very simple as I have said.

If he scores and makes goals, then I will have been wrong. If he doesn't I will not have been talking tosh.

Having seen him play, I do not think he will score enough goals or get enough assists. Players have a certain innate talent. I do not believe he has enough for a club with our ambition.

If you think he does then fair enough. Nothing to do with shooting him down.

It is very simple as I have said.

If he scores and makes goals, then I will have been wrong. If he doesn't I will not have been talking tosh.

Having seen him play, I do not think he will score enough goals or get enough assists. Players have a certain innate talent. I do not believe he has enough for a club with our ambition.

If you think he does then fair enough. Nothing to do with shooting him down.

I feel it is a bit hasty to write him off is all. I mean he scored 2 goals in 12 games for a sh*te QPR team last year and at least looks confident and fairly capable from range. Furthermore he is a pacey dribbler which will in itself get him into a lot of positions to make assists from. Players like Hudd and O'Hara got a fair crack of the whip before being let go, Townsend hasn't, he is yet to have a full season with us. 22 is not that old either, Huddlestone was sold at 26 and I think O'Hara was about 24 when we let him go.

I feel it is a bit hasty to write him off is all. I mean he scored 2 goals in 12 games for a sh*te QPR team last year and at least looks confident and fairly capable from range. Furthermore he is a pacey dribbler which will in itself get him into a lot of positions to make assists from. Players like Hudd and O'Hara got a fair crack of the whip before being let go, Townsend hasn't, he is yet to have a full season with us. 22 is not that old either, Huddlestone was sold at 26 and I think O'Hara was about 24 when we let him go.

That is the problem , it would have been a lot better if O'hara and Hudd had not had a fair crack of the whip. Arsenal and Chelsea do not similar players a fair crack of the whip. just to be nice.

O'hara was never ever going to be good enough, I had the same arguments about him. We need to cut out the number of games sub standard players play for us.

That will help us be more successful .

That is the problem , it would have been a lot better if O'hara and Hudd had not had a fair crack of the whip. Arsenal and Chelsea do not similar players a fair crack of the whip. just to be nice.

O'hara was never ever going to be good enough, I had the same arguments about him. We need to cut out the number of games sub standard players play for us.

This argument would perhaps be valid were we of Chelsea or Arsenal's standard back then, or if we had O'Hara coming through now. O'Hara was good enough to be given chances to shine, he had a good work ethic and was a tidy long passer, he just wasn't well rounded enough. I think Townsend is more of a talent than O'Hara and even though our squad is now markedly better, I think Townsend still deserves chances.

Hudd was written off time and time again (by myself as well), but the season we came 4th, he and Modric were incredible. One injury-stricken year later, a change of manager and he found it difficult to break back into the team with time running out at age 25 to establish himself, but he had still established himself a year previous and were it not for his buggered ankles who knows where he would be now? Plus he still won us the game vs Emirates Marketing Project at home last year, proof that 'sub-standard' players can put in great performances when the game suits them, even if their time has run out to cement a first team place.

This argument would perhaps be valid were we of Chelsea or Arsenal's standard back then, or if we had O'Hara coming through now. O'Hara was good enough to be given chances to shine, he had a good work ethic and was a tidy long passer, he just wasn't well rounded enough. I think Townsend is more of a talent than O'Hara and even though our squad is now markedly better, I think Townsend still deserves chances.

Hudd was written off time and time again (by myself as well), but the season we came 4th, he and Modric were incredible. One injury-stricken year later, a change of manager and he found it difficult to break back into the team with time running out at age 25 to establish himself, but he had still established himself a year previous and were it not for his buggered ankles who knows where he would be now? Plus he still won us the game vs Emirates Marketing Project at home last year, proof that 'sub-standard' players can put in great performances when the game suits them, even if their time has run out to cement a first team place.

All players have some attributes and have some good games.

The trick is whether they have enough. I would say Hudd did not have enough of either. O'Hara was not even close. Hudd has gone to Hull, IMO he will not shine there, he will not get a move to a bigger club, because he is simply not a good enough to. O'Hara has done nothing since he left us. Livermore will do nothing.

Townsend may actually have the potential to do a little better that the other 3, but not a lot better IMO.

Hopefully I am wrong and Townsend starts scoring and creating loads of goals for us.

Wenger kept faith with Ramsey when many were calling for them to get rid and that seems to be going well.

Wenger kept faith with Ramsey when many were calling for them to get rid and that seems to be going well.

Ramsey was highly rated before Wenger bought him, it was a transfer battle between Arsenal and Utd. No top team has ever battled to buy Hudd O'Hara or Livermore.

Lower PL/ Championship teams only.

Sorry but what is with this "keeping faith" bull****? the guy had 1 below par game after a run of good games and it's now considered "keeping faith"? how weird.

Question. When Lennon is fit, who keeps the shirt? I know who I'd like to see...

Neither imo.

Chadli - Eriksen - Lamela. That would be my first choice trio behind Soldado when everyone's fit. Of course that can change as the season progresses and players like Townsend, Lennon, Sig or Holtby can claim a starting place for themselves by playing well. For now though that's the challenge that faces both Lennon and Townsend, neither are in a position to keep the shirt.

Neither imo.

Chadli - Eriksen - Lamela. That would be my first choice trio behind Soldado when everyone's fit. Of course that can change as the season progresses and players like Townsend, Lennon, Sig or Holtby can claim a starting place for themselves by playing well. For now though that's the challenge that faces both Lennon and Townsend, neither are in a position to keep the shirt.

Interesting answer mate, looks strong...I personally think a fit and hungry Lennon is still a marvelous player with bags of great stuff...

You are entitled to your opinon but methinks you are talking complete and utter tosh

I can't be bothered to argue with the bloke. What have former Spurs /academy players that we sold for good money got to do with the discussion about Andros?

Predicting he will flop is easy. Giving reasons why would be interesting.

In the couple of games he played for Spurs in recent seasons he looked good going forward but had no interest in tracking back. Now he is a bit better and more confident and I don't mind all the shots.

Interesting answer mate, looks strong...I personally think a fit and hungry Lennon is still a marvelous player with bags of great stuff...

As do I. Although I would point out (perhaps superfluously, but that rarely stops me) that the same sentence would be true if you replaced Lennon's name with any one of the available players we have for those attacking positions. And in the case of Eriksen and Lamela I would say much stronger sentences would also be valid.

Thus for me, if we're talking about a first choice 11 chosen from a fully fit squad, Lamela and Eriksen picks themselves and it's between the rest to fight for the third attacking midfield spot (assuming a 4-2-3-1). Right now I think Chadli is the player that is closest to making that spot his own, but it's certainly not a done deal and there's plenty of competition to be had.

I think he's been excellent so far this season, you can see the defenders hate playing against him. Actually at the moment I think it's his shirt to lose in one of the wide positions behind soldado. Everyone fit and it's erikson, lamela and 1 other, for me that's Townsend until his form dips.

Back