• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Not sure Lennon is a first team regular any more. And that he was in the previous seasons is really shocking. We need to move on and have quality players.

but you are saying that the people that are not good enough for us are the ones that helped bring us to where we are now. i honestly dont under stand or visualise / apprecaite the mindset of fans like yourself, or where you are coming from, that can so easily discard loyal servants like dawson even if they are doing a more than good job for us now...and thats not taking into account what they have done for us in the past.

i'll bet money you cant even describe in clear detail whats wrong with dawson as a defender. I would expect people like you to naturally focus on things he cant help...like pace or berbatov-esq technical ability...but the core responsibilities he shoulders and the way he goes about carrying them out, can you please in detail explain why he isnt good enough for us. our bloody captain of tottenham hotspur who has done nothing but shown true leadership, character and setting behavioural standards by example

Well done Andros. Congratulations. Your recent performances deserve recognition.

However, I hope you continue to improve and stay focused on learning. Ever time Azza went away with England, I noticed a significant drop off in his performances. Hope the same doesn't happen to you.

I think you're doing Azza a disservice mate, he usually had that **** Glen Johnson behind him, thus let us hope if Andros gets his chance, he doesn't have to deal with Johnson. The one thing Townsend appears to have which perhaps Azza doesn't always, is an incredible self-belief bordering on swaggery arrogance!

Congratulations to him. Nice to see hard work pay off, nice to see the manager remains flexible and nice to be proven (at this point) wrong. We all win!

Take a moment to consider what happened in last night's Manure v Cheats game with Oscar, Hazard, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Valencia, whoever the frig else was playing... they were all average in that one game.

Townsend is a good player. He is not yet "great" but we shall see if he can keep improving and making the right decisions at crucial moments.

This. But he has shown recently a willingness to play smarter, work harder and focus better. He has given AVB & co a lot to work with...I am with others who believe Azza still has plenty to offer, indeed, I am hopeful that both can be impactful members of our squad and team. But let us not forget that Azza has scored some vital goals for us in his time and will, I'm sure, do so in the future...

but you are saying that the people that are not good enough for us are the ones that helped bring us to where we are now. i honestly dont under stand or visualise / apprecaite the mindset of fans like yourself, or where you are coming from, that can so easily discard loyal servants like dawson even if they are doing a more than good job for us now...and thats not taking into account what they have done for us in the past.

i'll bet money you cant even describe in clear detail whats wrong with dawson as a defender. I would expect people like you to naturally focus on things he cant help...like pace or berbatov-esq technical ability...but the core responsibilities he shoulders and the way he goes about carrying them out, can you please in detail explain why he isnt good enough for us. our bloody captain of tottenham hotspur who has done nothing but shown true leadership, character and setting behavioural standards by example

I love dawson, he gives everything, but he still remains too shaky at times. Hes not confident on the ball, hes slow and he can get turned inside out very easily by a technical player. His marking isnt always the best either.

He shows leadership, character, and sets by example and thats why we love him but that doesnt make him the best defender around.

Avb didnt rate him last summer and wanted him out, hes not picked by England and I cant remember top clubs going for him so I dont think I am the only thinking like that...

I love dawson, he gives everything, but he still remains too shaky at times. Hes not confident on the ball, hes slow and he can get turned inside out very easily by a technical player. His marking isnt always the best either.

He shows leadership, character, and sets by example and thats why we love him but that doesnt make him the best defender around.

Avb didnt rate him last summer and wanted him out, hes not picked by England and I cant remember top clubs going for him so I dont think I am the only thinking like that...

can you name me one CB that doesnt get turned inside out by technical players thats of dawsons mould? by dawson's mould i mean Vidic, terry, hangeland etc....the rocks of the partnerships. i'll tell you this much...i see verts get turned inside out by a few pacy technical types

trust you to mention pace, jeeeeysus. So being slow counts against you now? do you know how many CBs are actually fast? not many

Can i just say that you mentioning marking is just a flat out mistake or lie. i'm leaning towards mistake....

i feel alright now, cause i have just realised that everyone is entitled to their opinion, i feel less irate at the casual disregard of you towards dawson cause like i thought, you wouldnt go into enough detail to make me re-think anything about dawson

Each to his own. for the record, i think dawson is immense and an absolute rock in our back line and long may it continue

can you name me one CB that doesnt get turned inside out by technical players thats of dawsons mould? by dawson's mould i mean Vidic, terry, hangeland etc....the rocks of the partnerships. i'll tell you this much...i see verts get turned inside out by a few pacy technical types

trust you to mention pace, jeeeeysus. So being slow counts against you now? do you know how many CBs are actually fast? not many

Can i just say that you mentioning marking is just a flat out mistake or lie. i'm leaning towards mistake....

i feel alright now, cause i have just realised that everyone is entitled to their opinion, i feel less irate at the casual disregard of you towards dawson cause like i thought, you wouldnt go into enough detail to make me re-think anything about dawson

Each to his own. for the record, i think dawson is immense and an absolute rock in our back line and long may it continue

well played sir, well played.

Walcott, Sterling and Millner would all get game time ahead of Andros, this is Hodgson here

Great experience for him though

Walcott, Sterling and Millner would all get game time ahead of Andros, this is Hodgson here

Great experience for him though

Probably true but it is a step in the right direction for the lad, would love hodgson to just say **** it and drop gerrad, lampard, rooney and ashely cole and start a new generation.

Someone said on here the other day i think it was Africans that the next crop of england players are more humble and with that it might make watching them a little easier, i am English and support england but sometimes the utter ****s we have playing for us tests my resolve.

I quite like wiltshire i know is a scum but he seems like a slightly better sort then the previous generation.

Not sure Lennon is a first team regular any more. And that he was in the previous seasons is really shocking. We need to move on and have quality players.

I get that everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is not superior to anyone else.

But Lennon is injured and all of a sudden he is not a first team regularly any more, pathetic. The funny thing is all o fa sudden people think the sun shines out of Townsend's **** but for goodness knows how long I have been raving about his potential but most people on here have been saying that he is not good enough and he has no future at this club. I swear so many people on here are either fickle or suffer from memory loss

While can't people be positive about Townsend without ****ging off Lennon? People need to know the two are not mutually exclusive

I get that everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is not superior to anyone else.

But Lennon is injured and all of a sudden he is not a first team regularly any more, pathetic. The funny thing is all o fa sudden people think the sun shines out of Townsend's **** but for goodness knows how long I have been raving about his potential but most people on here have been saying that he is not good enough and he has no future at this club. I swear so many people on here are either fickle or suffer from memory loss

You've only just figured that out?!!!

You've only just figured that out?!!!

Most people ( myself included ) still have this idea of a perfect XI instead of thinking of the squad game. I have to admit that I think Lennon has reached a level he wont surpass but he is still a very talented and dangerous player to have and I would not want an opposition team to have him running at us.

I rate Townsend a lot, i think he offer's more threat going forward, and he lifts supporters when he is on the Ball much like Bale does. He is two footed, young and fast. We should feel lucky to have both of them. Its Chadli who i am not convinced about. I would be happy to get Lennon back in and drop Chadli for now.

Most people ( myself included ) still have this idea of a perfect XI instead of thinking of the squad game. I have to admit that I think Lennon has reached a level he wont surpass but he is still a very talented and dangerous player to have and I would not want an opposition team to have him running at us.

I rate Townsend a lot, i think he offer's more threat going forward, and he lifts supporters when he is on the Ball much like Bale does. He is two footed, young and fast. We should feel lucky to have both of them. Its Chadli who i am not convinced about. I would be happy to get Lennon back in and drop Chadli for now.

And therein lies the rub

he's coming along brilliantly and has improved massively over the last 6 months, but, bale missed a few games over the previous 2 seasons and we still did ok, in that same period any injury to Lennon and we fell apart

it's great to have them both but lets not be blind to what Lennon gives us, lots of football to be played yet

Chadli seems a more complete player to me and I'd be really surprised if Townsend gets picked ahead of him for any big games at this stage. Don't think Townsend offers enough yet over 90 minutes. There's far more to playing in his position than dribbling and shots from distance. It's just that these things get noticed more by fans.

Townsend vs Lennon is pretty even, but Lennon (if fit) will still get the nod for the biggest games because of his defensive work.

Townsend will get games this season, especially as he can be an option from the bench, and hopefully continue to develop further.

Chadli seems a more complete player to me and I'd be really surprised if Townsend gets picked ahead of him for any big games at this stage. Don't think Townsend offers enough yet over 90 minutes. There's far more to playing in his position than dribbling and shots from distance. It's just that these things get noticed more by fans.

Townsend vs Lennon is pretty even, but Lennon (if fit) will still get the nod for the biggest games because of his defensive work.

Townsend will get games this season, especially as he can be an option from the bench, and hopefully continue to develop further.

It's a massive learning season for Townsend...he's shown the aptitude to match ability, so I think he will be a valuable squad member, but as with all younger players, details take time to sort out. Look at Danny Rose, solid solid game but lost Flores on the back post for one of Swansea's clearest match chances. I'd expect him to be cutting that sort of stuff out sooner than later if he's going to be the man. And I back him to do so, again because he's showing desire and aptitude...as for Naija's Lennon points, couldn't agree more!

I agree 100%

Tottenham manager Villas-Boas revealed that he was confused at Hodgson’s refusal to consult him over 22-year-old Townsend’s maiden invitation to the senior squad for the make-or-break World Cup qualifiers against Moldova on Sept 6 and Ukraine four days later. The Portuguese also questioned Hodgson’s decision to call up other Tottenham players last season only to ditch them from his squad next time round.

Sunday witnessed Townsend’s first Premier League start for his parent club on the back of an impressive Europa League performance and Villas-Boas said: “I wasn’t contacted in any way or form by Roy Hodgson regarding the player call-up because I would have preferred to give my opinion on the fact that he gets caught up so soon.

“If there is to be any continuity to the future of Andros in the national team, it’s a great step for him.

“It means that there is confidence from the manager in him. It means that this is something that is going to be built, something that is going to grow. It’s something that the player is going to receive as not only a reward for these last two games but out of the belief that Roy has in the player.

“If the player doesn’t get involved in Tottenham and, in the end, he gets dried out then it’s a big surprise for me, because I think a player who gets called up for the national team after two games should have respect and continuity towards the future. So I assume from this moment that there will be that belief.

“I can recall, last season, we had Jake Livermore, Tom Huddlestone, Steven Caulker called up for England. At the moment, it doesn’t seem to have any continuity there.”

Villas-Boas said Hodgson told him that consulting with Tottenham over player call-ups would mean following suit with every club.

The coach added: “That was pretty clear with me and he can decide on whoever he decides to call because it’s his squad. He should run it like he should and he wants.

“I’m not in a position to comment any further on any criteria and selection on why he does it. What I hope for is that, for such a big impact on a player, for the smile that he put on his face, for the future of Andros, hopefully we can see some continuity.

“The only thing I’m reflecting is on a couple of examples from the past. In the end, Jake, Tom, were competing to get into the Tottenham team. They couldn’t. And, in the end, their England call-ups disappeared.

“So, I just hope that there is some foundation that can take these *players to evolve in the future.”

Townsend would not have been eligible for a call-up at all had three months of his four-month ban for breaching the Football Association’s betting regulations not been suspended in June.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-out-at-Roy-Hodgson-over-Andros-Townsend.html

Tottenham manager Villas-Boas revealed that he was confused at Hodgson’s refusal to consult him over 22-year-old Townsend’s maiden invitation to the senior squad for the make-or-break World Cup qualifiers against Moldova on Sept 6 and Ukraine four days later. The Portuguese also questioned Hodgson’s decision to call up other Tottenham players last season only to ditch them from his squad next time round.

Sunday witnessed Townsend’s first Premier League start for his parent club on the back of an impressive Europa League performance and Villas-Boas said: “I wasn’t contacted in any way or form by Roy Hodgson regarding the player call-up because I would have preferred to give my opinion on the fact that he gets caught up so soon.

“If there is to be any continuity to the future of Andros in the national team, it’s a great step for him.

“It means that there is confidence from the manager in him. It means that this is something that is going to be built, something that is going to grow. It’s something that the player is going to receive as not only a reward for these last two games but out of the belief that Roy has in the player.

“If the player doesn’t get involved in Tottenham and, in the end, he gets dried out then it’s a big surprise for me, because I think a player who gets called up for the national team after two games should have respect and continuity towards the future. So I assume from this moment that there will be that belief.

“I can recall, last season, we had Jake Livermore, Tom Huddlestone, Steven Caulker called up for England. At the moment, it doesn’t seem to have any continuity there.”

Villas-Boas said Hodgson told him that consulting with Tottenham over player call-ups would mean following suit with every club.

The coach added: “That was pretty clear with me and he can decide on whoever he decides to call because it’s his squad. He should run it like he should and he wants.

“I’m not in a position to comment any further on any criteria and selection on why he does it. What I hope for is that, for such a big impact on a player, for the smile that he put on his face, for the future of Andros, hopefully we can see some continuity.

“The only thing I’m reflecting is on a couple of examples from the past. In the end, Jake, Tom, were competing to get into the Tottenham team. They couldn’t. And, in the end, their England call-ups disappeared.

“So, I just hope that there is some foundation that can take these *players to evolve in the future.”

Townsend would not have been eligible for a call-up at all had three months of his four-month ban for breaching the Football Association’s betting regulations not been suspended in June.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-out-at-Roy-Hodgson-over-Andros-Townsend.html

Wow!

AVB is really letting it all out now!

I get his point about Hodgson being a prick teaser.

Back