• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I'm starting to think Walker and Lennon do have some understanding now. Walker expects Lennon's dart to the byline. Walker didn't know what to do with Townsend

First-half for sure...I think in the end Walker played a little more conservatively second-half simply because at that point, Townsend (correct spelling finally \o/) was (to my eyes) told to hold shape/the line more and come in off the actual line as opposed to from 5 yards in. I think they could form a fine partnership but would be dependent on Andros learning defensive duties too...this is one thing about Lennon's game which IMO is tremendous, his ability to cover is excellent...

I think Walker would do better with a Chadli infront of him. (Maybe even Lamela)

Because to be honest, I do sort of feel if Lennon played the exact same way Townsend did against Swansea people would be still ****ging him off. I didn't see anything from Townsend yesterday that made me think, DAMN this guy is miles better than Lennon and deserves to start every week. I do know he is very talented though, getting used to our team and line up and is very talented. I would just like to see Naughton behind Lennon too.

Good points.

I like Townsend a lot and would keep him in the team but I don't think he was that effective on Saturday. If anything what struck me most was how difficult it seems to be for our right wingers to get any space whatsoever. Made me appreciate more why Lennon doesn't look so dynamic these days. I'd love to see Townsend against **** though as think he will get loads of space and could be the match winner.

i think when lennon comes back it will be clearer what townsend brings to the table.
variety and unpredictability, the ball in the opponents box, a constant repetitive threat... those are things we will start to miss.

LOL...it is mate! Sorry, pathetic on my part...it's probably BECAUSE I think of Pete Townshend LOL...must vow to spell correctly!

A Who fan eh?

And I thought the random h was a nod to the Brazilian/Portugese influence eg Paulinho, Mourinho, Coutinho, etc!!!

i think when lennon comes back it will be clearer what townsend brings to the table.
variety and unpredictability, the ball in the opponents box, a constant repetitive threat... those are things we will start to miss.

Agree - and dribbling in an opponents box. Won us one penalty on Sunday and could have been two. The right side was much more effective than usual. Walker/Townsend created good chances for Dembele and Pauline, and the near og off the crossbar. Townsend also had two good shots cutting in. Normally we have SFA coming from the right.

If Walker and Townsend have a reasonable run together, their understanding will get better. The Lennon/Walker combination has simply not proved an effective attacking threat despite playing together for more than two seasons.

Last edited:
I like Townsend a lot and would keep him in the team but I don't think he was that effective on Saturday. If anything what struck me most was how difficult it seems to be for our right wingers to get any space whatsoever. Made me appreciate more why Lennon doesn't look so dynamic these days. I'd love to see Townsend against **** though as think he will get loads of space and could be the match winner.

I think he was better on Sunday though

I think you're right. If Townsend gets the nod for sunday, he may well just get the run of the emirates.

As for the Swansea match, any game where an opponent is well drilled and sitting quite deep is gonna lead to less space and gaps. He still did well, not his best, but definately made a contribution.

As for Chadli, i am still undecided about him, BUT i'm not gonna judge him yet, i don't even know the player. He does a lot of the basics well, just looks like he needs to be more confident with himself to pull of the trickier stuff. I was hoping he might be good in the air, as at 6ft 2" the back stick cross (like the one at palace) could be a winner if can boss his full-back.

One of the biggest things I've noticed this year is Paulinho starting to create little triangles with the right winger (be it Lennon or Townsend) and the RB, and its opening up holes in the opposition quite often. (Almost got us an OG against Swansea). Wish Dembele would start doing this on the left with Danny and Chadli

One of the biggest things I've noticed this year is Paulinho starting to create little triangles with the right winger (be it Lennon or Townsend) and the RB, and its opening up holes in the opposition quite often. (Almost got us an OG against Swansea). Wish Dembele would start doing this on the left with Danny and Chadli

credit to walker for trying to play with townsend. they did get better as the game went on, and that invited others as time went on.

on the other hand rose and chadli, well both are new so will need to take a little more time.

Chadli was getting low marks for not being involved enough or being creative enough when the stats show he had the second most touches of the ball of any Tottenham player and by far created the most for his team mates with 6 key passes in addition to some very good off the ball movement if you actually paid attention.

I was guilty of underrating his performance myself until I saw the extended highlights afterwards. He was heavily involved and had a better match than I first thought. 7/10 for me.

On the basis that Livermore has played for England and now there is a call for Fraser Campbell to be called up after 2 goals on Sunday against Emirates Marketing Project I want to go on record as being the first person putting Andros' name forward for the trip to Brazil if England qualify. You may accuse me of being carried away but if it was good enough for Theo Walcott in 2006 then it is good enough for Townsend

\o/

On the basis that Livermore has played for England and now there is a call for Fraser Campbell to be called up after 2 goals on Sunday against Emirates Marketing Project I want to go on record as being the first person putting Andros' name forward for the trip to Brazil if England qualify. You may accuse me of being carried away but if it was good enough for Theo Walcott in 2006 then it is good enough for Townsend

\o/

He has just been called up to the latest england squad.

Independent's chief football writer Sam Wallace: Reliably informed that Andros Townsend has been selected in England squad for World Cup qualifiers.

Sportsday Live will have all the breaking new from Roy Hodgson's squad announcement from 1530 BST.

Seems like Naija was right

I was initially disappointed when he went on loan to QPR because I have never ever doubted this guy. But in hindsight maybe AVB got it right and that loan period was the making of him. I never understood how so many people who has seen his occasional appearances for the first team and on loan could not see his potential. I am so happy for the lad. He just needs to keep his head down and focused.

When he was on loan Harry mentioned he was still on a contract of £3000 a week, I expect him to sign a new deal before Crimbo

Back