• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

And had Townsend put in Chadli's performance he would be showered with praise.

I saw some of Chadlis ratings in the ratings thread and was quite surprised. Thought he did well, worked really hard and he keeps the ball very well. I really think him and Rose are going to have a great understanding. I think some people just haven't warmed to Chadli because they may have been expecting something different and it's quite a shame.

Honestly mate from where I was sitting I could see the same space time and time again that I'm sure Lennon would have exploited behind the full back. Walker has actually become accustomed to making that pass now and I felt Andros doesn't have that same understanding and he hung back waiting for the ball to feet. He is a different player but I love when Lennon does this. It absolutely terrifies the defence when the speed merchant gets to the byline behind the full back.

If you think that walker has some special relationship with Lennon, you jest surely. Bearing in mind how long they have been playing together, their link up play was one of the major disappointments of last season. They play like strangers.

hmmm not really. What makes you think this?

people being eager to praise a youth product vs people being skeptical of an unheard of foreign signing.

not that i particularly agree, just i think there's a case to be made for how players putting in similar performances will get rated differently depending on who they are

Thank GHod!

I think Walker would do better with a Chadli infront of him. (Maybe even Lamela)

Because to be honest, I do sort of feel if Lennon played the exact same way Townsend did against Swansea people would be still ****ging him off. I didn't see anything from Townsend yesterday that made me think, DAMN this guy is miles better than Lennon and deserves to start every week. I do know he is very talented though, getting used to our team and line up and is very talented. I would just like to see Naughton behind Lennon too.

I would like to see Lennon in front of Naughton on Thursday and see If he tears this so-called " pub team " apart - as surely he should.

hmmm not really. What makes you think this?

Because that's how the ratings thread works on this forum. Reputation matters more than what happens on the pitch. You'll see players rated on what they DIDN'T do and no mention of what they actually did. Townsend as an academy graduate will have to play an absolute stinker to get any noticeable criticism, while the opposite appears to be the case for Lennon and Chadli.

people being eager to praise a youth product vs people being skeptical of an unheard of foreign signing.

New signings (especially foreign ones) usually get the same level of favouritism from fans as youngsters do tbh.

Anyway Jordinho's comment is totally inaccurate imo. Fans will normally take to Townsend's no fear, try and beat a man 9 times out of 10 style over Chadli's style (he does a lot of good work defensively but not many fans would either notice or care much).

Chadli was getting low marks for not being involved enough or being creative enough when the stats show he had the second most touches of the ball of any Tottenham player and by far created the most for his team mates with 6 key passes in addition to some very good off the ball movement if you actually paid attention.

Chadli was getting low marks for not being involved enough or being creative enough when the stats show he had the second most touches of the ball of any Tottenham player and by far created the most for his team mates with 6 key passes in addition to some very good off the ball movement if you actually paid attention.

Most stats mean **** all (minus the really blatant ones i.e. goals per game etc etc). Most people judge based on what they see with their eyes (well initially anyway) It's only later that people start getting excited and pull out all kinds of weirdo stats to back up their argument.

New signings (especially foreign ones) usually get the same level of favouritism from fans as youngsters do tbh.

Anyway Jordinho's comment is totally inaccurate imo. Fans will normally take to Townsend's no fear, try and beat a man 9 times out of 10 style over Chadli's style (he does a lot of good work defensively but not many fans would either notice or care much).

In his position with three players in Midfield behind him we need him to being more damage in the final 3rd. Two direct players like Townsend bale etc are needed to open up the space for Soldado and the incoming Paulinhio. He always checks onto his right foot, its so predictable. He needs time that is fore sure. But I for one am waiting for that new player that will go on the left along side Soldado and Townsend and relegate Chadli to the bench.

Most stats mean **** all (minus the really blatant ones i.e. goals per game etc etc). Most people judge based on what they see with their eyes (well initially anyway) It's only later that people start getting excited and pull out all kinds of weirdo stats to back up their argument.

Whereas human perception under the influence of intense emotions is normally spot on...

I would like to see Lennon in front of Naughton on Thursday and see If he tears this so-called " pub team " apart - as surely he should.

It's early doors to the season...Lennon has been a wonderful player for us in his time...perhaps it's time to give the lad a break?

I agree, Chadli's work and his ability to maintain the desired shape for 94 minutes, his overall strength, professionalism and passing make him a player who appears to have a very very important part of our set-up. I thought he was really good. In fact, I think this side (with maybe one addition in the lock picking dept and a world class LB, although Rose deserves to the chance to hone in on his concentration) is shaping up to be very very special indeed. There's a resilience which really has me excited. it's great. I wonder if Townshend will be this seasons 'Daws' in so much as AVB was ready to ship out but has seen the application and is willing to go back and give him a squad place now...

I'm starting to think Walker and Lennon do have some understanding now. Walker expects Lennon's dart to the byline. Walker didn't know what to do with Townsend

I'm starting to think Walker and Lennon do have some understanding now. Walker expects Lennon's dart to the byline. Walker didn't know what to do with Townsend

I'm still not sure.

The amount of times the two get so close to eachother, pass to eachother from 5 yards only to pass it in the middle is frustrating. At least once a game you get Walker passing it out for a throw in because him and Lennon aren't on the same wave length.

I'm still not sure.

The amount of times the two get so close to eachother, pass to eachother from 5 yards only to pass it in the middle is frustrating. At least once a game you get Walker passing it out for a throw in because him and Lennon aren't on the same wave length.

It's not fluid by any stretch of the imagination. But I saw that pass made a couple of times v Palace and I've seen it before. Listen Walker is not a good footballer, I think most of us accept that.

It's early doors to the season...Lennon has been a wonderful player for us in his time...perhaps it's time to give the lad a break?

Believe me, I would love to see Lennon come back to the form he once showed. But he hasn't done it now for some time. If he starts getting me on the edge of my seat again when he gets the ball, terrorising defences and delivering killer balls, I will be cheering from the rafters. Fingers crossed.

Back