• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Andros wanted to cut in too much today into an already packed midfield area, but then Bale did the same when playing on the right. When he did get on the ball however he was fearless as AVB said. Good lad. Happy to see him making it here.

Then we should have considered swapping our defenders round

that's a "wonky' right there isn't it - crossing from Chadli, cutting in from Townsend. don't think the boys had much say in this, probably AVB's game plan.

that's a "wonky' right there isn't it - crossing from Chadli, cutting in from Townsend. don't think the boys had much say in this, probably AVB's game plan.

Chadli is right footed and clearly also likes cutting inside.

Both players are fairly two footed though and are more than capable of going down the outside and putting in a good cross with their weaker foot. Both also put in excellent crosses with their stronger foot from wide areas against Tblisi after cutting back onto that foot.

Who won the pen?

MOTM does not go to the best player IMO-it goes to the guy who had the most significant contribution. I made Lloris MOTM in the last game and he nearly earned it again today. The comm on my stream called his save "routine."

In fairness, if that's your criteria it is different to mine. By your criteria, Soldado should be MOTM because he put the pen away? I thought Townshend was really good, but I always look for the player(s) who give us a grip on the game (providing we had one LOL!) so for me, Paulinho with Capoue not far behind. I agree Lloris was again excellent, there again I think we'd both agree he is an exceptionally strong keeper.

Think he done well today but one thing that was apparent to me is I'd like to see him making more runs off the ball. He wants the ball to feet and then beat a man. Lennon is able to do that very well, Walcott too. Great running off the ball can get you in fantastic positions to pull an opposition shape out of place.

Andros wanted to cut in too much today into an already packed midfield area, but then Bale did the same when playing on the right. When he did get on the ball however he was fearless as AVB said. Good lad. Happy to see him making it here.

Good post...I think the key thing is that his attitude has obviously shifted and he is prepared to buckle down and do whatever it takes to make it at Spurs or 'die' trying...I think what he has shown in the last few weeks is that he has a lot of potential and clearly wants to maximise it, which gives our coaches a lot to help develop...

Agree.

Back on topic...I'd like to see how Townsend looks playing in the hole behind the striker.

Yeah, a couple of us raised that potential a couple of days ago. I think he's still young and learning his trade, so in time...he needs to first of all make sure he can hold position and give others space/himself space to roll into...

To begin with it looks a dive but watching the replay a couple of time it seems as though he was going down before he got to Shelvey and then just went with the flow.

Yep. It was very soft, I thought that at the time, but we should have been given one in the first half - ironically the same two players were involved

zaha and sturridge up front, townsend and lennon on the wings.

Wouldn't bother with Azza but England just need to admit we're not gonna ape Spain at tiki taka not match the power football of the Germans and brazil. Just get some more direct aggressive runners who take chances

----------------Sturridge
--chamberlain-Rooney--Townsend
----------Gerrard--carrick
Cole---jagielka--smalling--walker
------------------hart

Well pleased for the lad. One goal and three assists in two games says it all. Offers so much more of a threat than Lennon nowadays. Hope this will be the spark for Azza to regain some of his attacking brio.

Think he done well today but one thing that was apparent to me is I'd like to see him making more runs off the ball. He wants the ball to feet and then beat a man. Lennon is able to do that very well, Walcott too. Great running off the ball can get you in fantastic positions to pull an opposition shape out of place.

Thought Townsend ran off the ball well today, especially in the first half. If Walker could have delivered the right weighted pass, he would have got in behind them much more frequently.

will take a while for walker to get used to townsend's antics. lennon is so much more predictable i guess. must be hell trying to second guess if townsend is going alone or requiring support.

I thought he was really good BUT Paulinho was my MOTM, edging Capoue simply by the fact he was there in the 90th min like he was in the 1st...a VERY special player.

Lloris, Pauline, Capooo and Townsend all scored 8's IMO , however Townsend edged MOM due to his game changing assist.

He was on twitter saying it wasnt a dive but for me he went down way too easily. Obviously, the first was a clear peno though.

Thought Townsend ran off the ball well today, especially in the first half. If Walker could have delivered the right weighted pass, he would have got in behind them much more frequently.

Honestly mate from where I was sitting I could see the same space time and time again that I'm sure Lennon would have exploited behind the full back. Walker has actually become accustomed to making that pass now and I felt Andros doesn't have that same understanding and he hung back waiting for the ball to feet. He is a different player but I love when Lennon does this. It absolutely terrifies the defence when the speed merchant gets to the byline behind the full back.

Back