• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

hmmmm, I hope hes left that Big-man attitude at Chelsea. He looked like a fudging taco everytime he tried to flaunt it.

Its scary......a real coin-toss. Massive upside and a potential back to square 1 in 8months on the downside.

BUT we are Spurs - to dare is to do

Cut the sentences AVB and good luck.

Agreed. To Dare Is To Do. Let's live by that. Success by our tradition.

If he hadn't failed we wouldn't have the opportunity to get the potentially massive upside, so we should all be glad he failed there really. Otherwise we may have ended up with someone completely average, or still with a manager that has a different policy of working to our chairman.

This has all worked well.

its all about the points....65-75 pts has to be the target

Better be fudgein good GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The man in the trenchoats blue n white armeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Would have preferred a more experienced manager like Blanc. But I guess he is much much better than some other names being linked with us. I would have been very disappointed and annoyed if we had appointed someone like Moyes or Martinez who have won nothing.

Appointing a young manager like AVB is always a big gamble but a gamble worth taking. It shows our long term ambition. Crucially AVB has experience in winning trophies with Porto. He might have failed with Chelsea but hopefully that would make him more hungry for success with us. Hopefully he will become the new Mourinho and win the league title for us. I think one of his important job will be to improve the young players like Lennon, Hudd, and even Bale whose progress have stalled under Redknapp.

Last edited:
chelscum fans think we are in relegation trouble......man they hate AVB

That in itself is a talent.....

Pure luck and position.

Fired from The Mirror, wrote an expose about the media world in an era dominated by the worship of celebrity.

In any other era of TV and Jounalism this man would be a monstrous lightweight......his time will come........

article-2168094-13E80DCF000005DC-191_634x490.jpg

at the training ground today

article-2168094-13E80DB7000005DC-384_634x494.jpg

Weren't they always in the top 4 with AVB? They finished 6th under Di Matteo, they just got unbelivably lucky to win two cup competitions!!!

Can't take away from Di Matteo what he achieved in the cups last season. But he had a much easier job than AVB.

Now, he will have to do what AVB was charged with doing - building a new team with a new, entertaining style. I'm not sure that he's up to that job.

From Levy on the official site:

I am delighted that Andre has agreed to become our new Head Coach. He has an outstanding reputation for his technical knowledge of the game and for creating well-organised teams capable of playing football in an attractive and attacking style. Andre shares our long-term ambitions and ethos of developing players and nurturing young talent, and he will be able to do so now at a new world class Training Centre. We are constantly looking to move the Club forward. It is important that we now look to develop the potential within the squads at all levels, whilst strengthening the First Team in the summer in key positions with players who will become part of the future success of the Club.

Nothing about winning, or competing for the title. Just focussing on the Tottenham style of football and building a legacy. Some will look at it as an admission that we'll spend another year in transition. Not me though.

If you build it, they will come.

Back