• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Hopefully he hasnt spent the last few months on the beach somewhere and instead was preparing for a chance like this. It is crucial that we sort out our transfers early for once so that we are not trying to break in his system 1/4 of the way in to the season.

Reports saying that he's been involved in deciding our transfer goings on for the last two weeks or thereabouts, makes sense with Kranjcar and Corluka being allowed to leave before AVB signed.

Also reports saying that he was in Brazil (among other places) scouting players like Oscar. Jetset (itk) now saying that the Oscar link is real, wouldn't take any itk as certain of course, but could be true.

Either way I doubt he hasn't been keeping up with football and I'm quite sure he's been involved in what's been going on with our transfers.

Hopefully he hasnt spent the last few months on the beach somewhere and instead was preparing for a chance like this. It is crucial that we sort out our transfers early for once so that we are not trying to break in his system 1/4 of the way in to the season.

Or buy players who are already used to playing in a 4-3-3..

warning....avoid talkbrick from 4pm....Adrian Durham is on a wind up march

seriously, if Spurs dont start well, AVB and the club are going to be engulfed in a sh!tstorm of mockery

Levy has taken the biggest risk of his chairmanship

Irrespective of who the outgoing or incoming Managers are, it is the biggest risk he has taken. We've fired someone who achieved something we've not done since the 1960's and the Chairman hasn't come out and publically said it was for non-footballing reasons which means we can only assume that the firing was because the previous manager failed. So if 4th, 5th and 4th is failure, the new Manager is expected to do BIG things.

Irrespective of who the outgoing or incoming Managers are, it is the biggest risk he has taken. We've fired someone who achieved something we've not done since the 1960's and the Chairman hasn't come out and publically said it was for non-footballing reasons which means we can only assume that the firing was because the previous manager failed. So if 4th, 5th and 4th is failure, the new Manager is expected to do BIG things.

you are right, whoever had taken over would have been under the cosh immediately because of what Redknapp had achieved.....but because its AVB and so soon after his failure at Chelsea, the pressure on the club, him, the young players, is going to be double what it would have been únder a different guy

... and defend with a high line.... and a sweeper keeper....

Yeah, but who is going to be quicker to adapt to a 4-3-3 with high line and sweeper keeper?

Someone who plays in a 4-3-3 or someone who plays in a 4-4-2?

In all honesty i think the only people the sweeper keeper will make a huge difference to are the defenders, same with the high line.

Only if thats what you want to believe.

Alternatively you could read Levys comments

“I am delighted that Andre has agreed to become our new Head Coach. He has an outstanding reputation for his technical knowledge of the game and for creating well-organised teams capable of playing football in an attractive and attacking style. Andre shares our long-term ambitions and ethos of developing players and nurturing young talent, and he will be able to do so now at a new world class Training Centre.”

And 'assume' that Levy and Redknapp werent working to compatible agendas. Its clear Redknapp is short termist in his approach, and clear Levy wants decisions made now with further reaching consequences.

Aw43vBnCMAAqNho.jpg:large

If Redknapp left for 'non-footballing reasons' then he didn't 'fail', he was perhaps not compatible in a business/personality sense with what the chairman wanted.

Yay, lets take the new manager thread back to the old manager.

Straight from someone who has said he has 'already managed to let it go'

The Mirror's time travelling reporter has posted this picture from the press conference:

scaled.php

erm... that's a headless chicken beside out new head coach. who's taking these publicity photos for the club?

Nonsense.

We can make no such assumption of the sort.

And, by the way, we finished in the top 4 six times between 1970-90.

Everton captain Phil Neville gives his view on Andre Villas-Boas' appointment as Tottenham manager on Twitter. "I've nothing against AVB-but would love for us to start giving English coaches/managers a chance at these jobs-it would help national team!"

Translation - 'When i finish in my playing career i think i will go into management and i sure hope that one of those bigger teams will take a risk on me.'

Back