• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Indeed. I can imagine him as a "below the first team" manager - tryign to make sure the rest of the development squads follow the same ethos as the first team.

In which case any meetings around purchases etc would have Levy (money), AVB (requirements), Scout (options) and Sherwood (what players can we promote?). Also those 4 working together keeps all areas of the club singing from the same hymn sheet.

Just my guess though.

One thing I will say with certainty - whatever it is it wont be called "director of football" because of the ridiculous over reaction it recieves in this country.

Agreed. Ridiculous how a word or phrase can be such a red rag to the red tops.

Harry never finished in the top four in consecutive seasons either.

And Levy has not come out and said that Harry was fired for footballing reasons either. So that means, going by your logic, that we can just as easily assume that he was fired for non footballing reasons.

In other words, we should make no assumption at all.

Complaining about tactics spoiling threads.

Talk about old manager in a thread about new manager.

It's not like we have a Harry thread for any of this.. :|

Welcome to Spurs Andre. May you be a great success. We supporters are right behind you and I really hope you carry on the tradition of the beautiful football we Spurs fans are use to seeing. Also I sincerely hope that you quash my serious Juande Ramos fears.

The Mirror's time travelling reporter has posted this picture from the press conference:

scaled.php

:ross:

Harry never finished in the top four in consecutive seasons either.

And Levy has not come out and said that Harry was fired for footballing reasons either. So that means, going by your logic, that we can just as easily assume that he was fired for non footballing reasons.

In other words, we should make no assumption at all.

I never said Harry finished top four three times in a row. We finished top six (top five actually!) for three successive seasons. Something we last managed in the 60's.

It's the Chairman's responsiblity to the club and fans to provide clarity. Redknapp failed to get Champion's League (two seasons running) and was axed. End of.

Not in a row we didn't. And Levy has not come out and said Redknapp was fired for non-footballing reasons, therefore it is entirely reasonable to assume that Redknapp failed for footballing reasons.

So your previous post where you said he was fired for 'non-footballing reasons' was a mis-type?

It's the Chairman's responsiblity to the club and fans to provide clarity. Redknapp failed to get Champion's League (two seasons running) and was axed. End of.

The chairman could provide clarity, I suppose.

But perhaps he believes that discretion is a better way forward, and kinder to Harry, than saying, "I was sick and tired of Harry undermining me and the club while pursuing his own agenda in the media. Harry and I also failed to see eye to eye regarding future plans. Although Harry did a great job with the first team in his four years here, I don't believe that he is a manager who is right for the kind of club that wants to build long term, sustainable growth."

If you want to believe that Harry was sacked for "failing", you go ahead. I won't be joining you.

Last edited:
So your previous post where you said he was fired for 'non-footballing reasons' was a mis-type?

The official line is that he was fired for failing to secure CL football, Redknap his self said that was not the case, anyway its all done with now, this bloke could be a genius or a fool, lets all wish him well because I think the brick press are licking their lips already.

adrian duram having a field day on avb on talksport

proving what an idious dingdonghead he is?

manager has one bad experience and suddently he is a clown?

its tacos like Durham that would have given up on Fergie in the late 80s or said Wenger was just some failed foreigner who had done so little he ended up in Japan - modern media are such fudgetards

i know it looks to be impossible, but if AVB could manage to persuade Modric to stay then that would seriously impress the rest of the squad and media imo

proving what an idious dingdonghead he is?

manager has one bad experience and suddently he is a clown?

its tacos like Durham that would have given up on Fergie in the late 80s or said Wenger was just some failed foreigner who had done so little he ended up in Japan - modern media are such fudgetards

I'm sure that you already know this perfectly well but...

....Durham is a paid agitator. A devil's advocate. He adopts contrarian positions simply because they are contrarian and because they will generate callers and listeners rather than because he necessarily believes what he's saying.

Back