• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Ayew

Who knows where we stood on this one. Perhaps we could've but were lead along to believe that someone like Martial was achievable and went in that direction.

Yep. Either that or Mitchell's computer simulator game predicted a bad onward trajectory for him.

he is such an ideal Poch player......i would be shocked if we werent in for him. Imo Levy decided not to do the deal because of the figures. Swansea probably have more room to manouvre financially

If I remember correctly, Andre-Pierre Gignac once called him and his brother 'moaners', and insisted that Marseille would be infinitely better off without them. So....dunno, maybe attitude problems?

Maybe he is not as good as people think? i mean if he was as good as people are raving about he would be signing for a much better team than Swansea.

Most reports say we had a look at him some time ago, but there was no further interest. He signed for Swansea. That tells me those reports were spot on.

The main reason I am so upset that we missed out on Ayew is because I'd already come up with a brilliant song for him...

"Ayew our African Jew show’em what you do, make a break make a move"

he is such an ideal Poch player......i would be shocked if we werent in for him. Imo Levy decided not to do the deal because of the figures. Swansea probably have more room to manouvre financially

four year deal on 70k p/w works out at just under 15 mil, let's be generous and factor in a 5m signing on fee, bringing it to 20m (though i highly doubt his signing on fee would be that high)

can't see us signing anyone with better value than that instead tbh

Do you not think that is rather harsh seeing as he returned from the African Championships and then City only gave him 2 starts and 8 appearances as sub.

I don't think he's worth the money they paid for him and Swansea was about his level.

four year deal on 70k p/w works out at just under 15 mil, let's be generous and factor in a 5m signing on fee, bringing it to 20m (though i highly doubt his signing on fee would be that high)

The signing on fee will already be reported as part of the wages (it's how agents work). The standard breakdown of a £70k a week 4 year deal would typically be a £4 million signing on fee and £50k a week in wages. The signing on fee would typically be spread over the length of the contract and paid quarterly. If the club sell the player without him having put in an official (written) transfer request then they have to pay the remaining instalments of the signing on fee to the player when he departs. If the player puts in an official transfer request and then moves club he will forgo the remaining instalments of his signing on fee - also often referred to as a 'loyalty bonus' (Hah!... that's a laugh!)

The signing on fee will already be reported as part of the wages (it's how agents work). The standard breakdown of a £70k a week 4 year deal would typically be a £4 million signing on fee and £50k a week in wages. The signing on fee would typically be spread over the length of the contract and paid quarterly. If the club sell the player without him having put in an official (written) transfer request then they have to pay the remaining instalments of the signing on fee to the player when he departs. If the player puts in an official transfer request and then moves club he will forgo the remaining instalments of his signing on fee - also often referred to as a 'loyalty bonus' (Hah!... that's a laugh!)

i was under the impression signing on fees and loyalty bonuses were separate things?

either way the point was that whatever Ayew will end up costing them it will be a good deal and whoever we are likely to sign will end up at least costing the same, or most likely work out more expensive

i just think Levy wants to offload first before we do any serious business. Im really not sure its going to be easy to sell the unwanted players and so Levy is probably cautious about adding players on high wages to the bill.

i was under the impression signing on fees and loyalty bonuses were separate things?

either way the point was that whatever Ayew will end up costing them it will be a good deal and whoever we are likely to sign will end up at least costing the same, or most likely work out more expensive
No.... They are generally the same thing.

Perhaps a bit like Bony you mean?

Bony had to prove himself in the league before any of the big boys touched him and was a gamble. Sometimes they pay off and sometimes they don't but the way people talk of Ayew on here, its as if he is already world class.

Maybe Ayew moved ala the Berbs reason aka Swansea wanted him more, didn't flutter between targets and identified him as no 1 priority signing and he liked that so signed for them?

Back