• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Ayew

Mark Mackay? surely a relative of Arry's agent chums, Wille Mackay

Garry Monk's side are closing in on their first summer signing, with the Ghana star arriving in south Wales for a medical ahead of a proposed free transfer to the Liberty Stadium

288646_specials.jpg
By Graeme Bailey
178001.jpg
Follow on TwitterSwansea City are set to complete a deal for Marseille forward Andre Ayew, Goal understands.

The Ghana international is out-of-contract at the Stade Velodrome this summer, and has spoken with a number of Premier League clubs.

Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine were among those strongly linked, but the 25-year-old has now flown into south Wales to undergo a medical.

While a deal has not yet been finalised, sources close to negotiations have confirmed to Goal that both player and club are confident the move will be finalised.

Swansea lost star striker Wilfried Bony in January and Swansea boss Garry Monk will be hoping Ayew's arrival will just be the start of busy summer at the Liberty Stadium.

Ayew, who has been with Marseille for 10 years after joining their academy as a 15-year-old, would join Swansea on a Bosman free transfer - subject to him finaling his medical and personal terms.

Hmm...his profile did seem a no-brainer for Levy (free) and for Poch (played under Bielsa), so the question is why did we cool our interest?

(ITKs - yeah, I know - said we looked at him and thought nah..)

Shame in a way. I think he would have done well with us. Hopefully this means we have some solid targets in mind that will prove even better in the short to medium term.
Good signing for Swansea

he will have a Bony impact imo......watch the big clubs try to sign him in a years time for megabucks after an outstanding season. I think he is made for english football

If the story is true that his wage demands are about £70k a week. That is a package of under £15 million over a 4 year contract. Considering his age and the fact that surely he'd normally be considered as a £10 million player that seems remarkably good value to me (especially as he plays in a problem position for us and has the pace and directness that we seem awfully short on)

maybe the agent fees put us off. It is Wille Mackay after all

maybe the agent fees put us off. It is Wille Mackay after all

wasn't there something released a while ago which said we paid more in agents fees than an other club?

the fact he was free and on reasonable wages and that he's gone to a mid table club would suggest we weren't seriously in for him - probably took a look and kept tabs on him (which is where the rumors could have surfaced from) but decided on another

he will have a Bony impact imo......watch the big clubs try to sign him in a years time for megabucks after an outstanding season. I think he is made for english football

This.

I bet we try and buy him next summer for £20m (only for him to go to Chelsea/City for more).

Who knows where we stood on this one. Perhaps we could've but were lead along to believe that someone like Martial was achievable and went in that direction.

Back