• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Ayew

No ITK has got a story ahead of the press in about 2-3 years now. Hadn't Stambouli actually been training with us before anyone got wind of it? It's a much tighter ship now certain people are no longer at the club

what?????

Nothing new in that, they will all be saying they have heard something now though its in the press.

He was actually responding to the latest press reports saying Ayew had chosen us. Doesn't mean the press is wrong, though they usually are too, but maybe there's someone else we'd rather sign instead if possible .

He was actually responding to the latest press reports saying Ayew had chosen us. Doesn't mean the press is wrong, though they usually are too, but maybe there's someone else we'd rather sign instead if possible .

My post was more in response to ITK in general and no one in specific.

As we need to sign a minimum of two wide forwards this summer - I am totally on board with signing one on a free transfer (could even be two with Konoplyanka). I would really them to have genuine dribbling skill - as I cannot recall Townsend, Lamela or Chadli ever successfully dribbling past an opponent despite trying on multiple occasions per game - but I guess we can compromise a little if we get a fast, hard working player who scores goals and is available on the cheap.

As we need to sign a minimum of two wide forwards this summer - I am totally on board with signing one on a free transfer (could even be two with Konoplyanka). I would really them to have genuine dribbling skill - as I cannot recall Townsend, Lamela or Chadli ever successfully dribbling past an opponent despite trying on multiple occasions per game - but I guess we can compromise a little if we get a fast, hard working player who scores goals and is available on the cheap.

Lamela is our top dribbler and Chadli isn't far behind. I'll give you Townsend though.

And that right there is the problem. When our best dribbler has a success record when trying to dribble past opponents of approximately 0% - we should be concerned.

Chadli actually beats his man quite often (usually that slow, around the box, beat a man, get the pass/shot off).

What we don't have (discounting Lennon) is a winger that beats his man at pace, and that would be a valuable addition.

Never heard of him, but he doesn't sound like a footballer - more a comic book hero or Bond villain.

Lamela is our top dribbler and Chadli isn't far behind. I'll give you Townsend though.

Townsend is more successful at take on's than Lamela. I personally think both should be sold as neither are good enough.

Townsend is more successful at take on's than Lamela. I personally think both should be sold as neither are good enough.

where do you get that from?

lAZmIp7.png

Both Townsend and lamella run down blind alleys or simply into the opposition. Neither has shown enough this season to convince me and a lot of people that their genuine drag choice starters and both could be upgraded on if we want to improve the team

neither are good enough in this regard, i was just questioning what Yiddo was basing his post on.

what is positive is that both are young, Lamela just turning 23 and Townsend just about to turn 24, and both have scope to improve the parts of their game which are lacking. last few games of the season showed when Lamela keeps it simple his stronger attributes are more noticeable

neither are good enough in this regard, i was just questioning what Yiddo was basing his post on.

what is positive is that both are young, Lamela just turning 23 and Townsend just about to turn 24, and both have scope to improve the parts of their game which are lacking. last few games of the season showed when Lamela keeps it simple his stronger attributes are more noticeable

I think they are both ok as squad players, especially as both can theoretically play anywhere across the attacking midfield positions, we just need to find a first choice player for the position.

Back