• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

When I have seen them he has often been more to the right, but not exactly wide. More around the corner of the 18 yard box, but cuts inside a lot. Never seen him on the left.

Reading a Brentford forum, they pretty much rate him as their most important attacking player and it seems his form has been so good recently he has won back that central spot.

Ok. So more right sided box to box player out of a midfield 3? Could very well be.

If he ever succeeded in reproducing that kind of ability in the Premier League he would be frightening, and as for his ability to take free kicks just wow

If he ever succeeded in reproducing that kind of ability in the Premier League he would be frightening, and as for his ability to take free kicks just wow

To me at least he looks like the kind of player that will benefit from playing with better players. I know highlights like those often focus on the tremendous individual skills, but to me at least he's looked like a clever combination play type player as well.

Will be a slight adjustment for him to play under Pochettino I think. From what I've seen of Brentford he's not asked to do as much defending as our attacking players are asked to do. But on the ball I think he looks quite clearly good enough.

To me at least he looks like the kind of player that will benefit from playing with better players. I know highlights like those often focus on the tremendous individual skills, but to me at least he's looked like a clever combination play type player as well.

Will be a slight adjustment for him to play under Pochettino I think. From what I've seen of Brentford he's not asked to do as much defending as our attacking players are asked to do. But on the ball I think he looks quite clearly good enough.

Agree, he is actually the type of player that you might expect to struggle at lower levels in England.

Really important Poch gets a full preseason with him to get him up to speed, and evaluate how much of a role he will have next season.

At minimum for me, he could replace Eriksen in cups/Europa early stages, also could offer wide option.

a lot of his goals are quite exceptional but his subsequent celebrations/reactions are understated, its almost as if its all too easy for him :cool:

I'm hoping that he can become the solution to our right attacking midfield problem. Hopefully he will have a lot more ability on the ball than Lamela does and much better decision making than Townsend. The only question mark is whether he is prepared to put in the workrate that Pochettino demands (which is still all that holds Chadli back from being an undroppable player I think)

I'm hoping that he can become the solution to our right attacking midfield problem. Hopefully he will have a lot more ability on the ball than Lamela does and much better decision making than Townsend. The only question mark is whether he is prepared to put in the workrate that Pochettino demands (which is still all that holds Chadli back from being an undroppable player I think)

He will. It's not a coincidence that we have fielded such young sides. Poch seems to have this great ability to mould young players into his philosophy and way of playing.

I've said that numerous times. Some players stand out with the brick... The great players look better when playing with better players

Pricthard has everything to step up next season for us.

I've said that numerous times. Some players stand out with the crud... The great players look better when playing with better players

Pricthard has everything to step up next season for us.

But also he has a severe amount of expectation already, everyone has his best intentions at heart obviously as we all want him to be successful for the club but it takes time. It's kind of a similar situation to how a lot of folks on here were expecting Yedlin to go straight in to various games once he had arrived. Pre season will be a great time for him to show what he can do first hand and work with the coaches, I'd love him to impress to the point of challenging for a place but if he does, it'll probably be working his way in to EL games (if we qualify). I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up finding him a championship loan also, but we'll see.

But also he has a severe amount of expectation already, everyone has his best intentions at heart obviously as we all want him to be successful for the club but it takes time. It's kind of a similar situation to how a lot of folks on here were expecting Yedlin to go straight in to various games once he had arrived. Pre season will be a great time for him to show what he can do first hand and work with the coaches, I'd love him to impress to the point of challenging for a place but if he does, it'll probably be working his way in to EL games (if we qualify). I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up finding him a championship loan also, but we'll see.
Surely if after having impressed so much at Brentford, if we are going to send him out on loan again it HAS to be to a PL club? I still wonder why, when asked about his plans at the end of the season he kept mum. Of course he was probably just being discreet so as not to upset Brentford fans, even so there's every chance he's had an impressive offer from one of the (retch) big five.

What exactly makes you think that he's particularly suited to the right attacking midfield role?

Surely if after having impressed so much at Brentford, if we are going to send him out on loan again it HAS to be to a PL club? I still wonder why, when asked about his plans at the end of the season he kept mum. Of course he was probably just being discreet so as not to upset Brentford fans, even so there's every chance he's had an impressive offer from one of the (retch) big five.

Would be a stupid offer to take, if one came. As much as he's being talked up on here and has obvious potential, there's no way he is going to play in the first team at any of those clubs. Young players would be well to notice what has happened to the likes of De Bruyne, Lukaku, Van Aanholt at Chelsea. City are even worse. That lad from Everton, the midfielder. I'm pretty sure he was talked about as one of the finest midfield prospects for England, now i can't even remember his name!

Pochettino is the perfect manager for a young player and Spurs are the perfect club. We develop our young players and then as long as we get our big pay-day we will sell them to a really top club. Some of our younger players probably look at how Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale's careers developed at Spurs and how Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb, Mason are doing. Of course, there's always the other side of things, the Parretts, the Bostocks, but I think that just illustrates the pitfalls of thinking you've made it as a youngster when you get a move to a big club. I think the great thing about our young team at the moment, is that the likes of Kane, Mason, Bentaleb work sooooooooo hard and want it so much, that it drags those around them to the same level of work-rate. Even Eriksen presses high now.

One of the big things about Poch is he doesn't bother about reputations or even admitting his mistakes. He made Kaboul captain and Ade and Capoue started the season in the first XI. They didn't pull their weight and the young players in the reserves were doing better in training, therefore they got dropped. Massive balls to drop the player you made captain, a lot of managers would have been stubborn. Poch did it, took the stick in the press and now everyone's forgotten about it.

Would be a stupid offer to take, if one came. As much as he's being talked up on here and has obvious potential, there's no way he is going to play in the first team at any of those clubs. Young players would be well to notice what has happened to the likes of De Bruyne, Lukaku, Van Aanholt at Chelsea. City are even worse. That lad from Everton, the midfielder. I'm pretty sure he was talked about as one of the finest midfield prospects for England, now i can't even remember his name!

Pochettino is the perfect manager for a young player and Spurs are the perfect club. We develop our young players and then as long as we get our big pay-day we will sell them to a really top club. Some of our younger players probably look at how Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale's careers developed at Spurs and how Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb, Mason are doing. Of course, there's always the other side of things, the Parretts, the Bostocks, but I think that just illustrates the pitfalls of thinking you've made it as a youngster when you get a move to a big club. I think the great thing about our young team at the moment, is that the likes of Kane, Mason, Bentaleb work sooooooooo hard and want it so much, that it drags those around them to the same level of work-rate. Even Eriksen presses high now.

One of the big things about Poch is he doesn't bother about reputations or even admitting his mistakes. He made Kaboul captain and Ade and Capoue started the season in the first XI. They didn't pull their weight and the young players in the reserves were doing better in training, therefore they got dropped. Massive balls to drop the player you made captain, a lot of managers would have been stubborn. Poch did it, took the stick in the press and now everyone's forgotten about it.

Excellent riposte, agree with everything you say. We can but hope he has a decent agent (is there such a thing?), one who doesn't get into his ear too much.

When does his contract expire?

He has at least one year left. Some reports saying we have another 2 year option after that (I posted a link to an article a couple of pages back). Nothing official on that though. In general I think Levy is very good on stuff like this and I see no reason to be worried.

I seem to remember him being reluctant to sign a new contract and there was also talk of him moving to Liverpool - iirc in the end he signed a short term deal (in comparison to what our youth players usually get) so i wouldn't be surprised if we aren't in the best of positions, contractually, with him.

Well if he wants to bugger off to someone elses youth team then good luck to him, we are the only team in the top 6 where he will get games.

Back