• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Well he'll be back for the pre-season tour. Iirc that's how Mason came from nowhere into the first team squad last Autumn.

More of a concern is that his contract with us is due up this Summer. When he turned down a long-term offer from Brentford a couple of months back he was careful not to be drawn about his future. Just said he was keeping his options open. Didn't mention Tottenham but hopefully that was just to avoid alienating Brentford fans.

Source?

From when he went out on loan: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28347433

Source?

From when he went out on loan: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28347433
Reassured I got the contract wrong but If you listen to this interview from Jan 18 2015 (go to 1-02) he is very cagey about his future. Given as you say he is under contract until 2016 it's all the more worrying he makes absolutely no reference to Tottenham. You'd hope he'd say he's looking forward to returning and fighting for his place.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/a...-over-brighton-and-hove-albion.-2211621.aspx?

It was reported a while back that Liverpool were interested because of course he was a protege of Alex Inglethorpe, hopefully that was just media speculation.

i wonder if Pritchard's height/size bothers Poch......from what ive seen the players he tends to pick are of reasonable height/stature. It was the same at Southampton

I was very surprised he wasnt brought back in Jan, just integrate him and make im feel wanted. With such a short contract due to run out in a years time, maybe the player himself is feeling that Spurs dont actually value him so highly and thats why when he talks about his future he doesnt mention Spurs. Spur of the Moment may have a point.

Reassured I got the contract wrong but If you listen to this interview from Jan 18 2015 (go to 1-02) he is very cagey about his future. Given as you say he is under contract until 2016 it's all the more worrying he makes absolutely no reference to Tottenham. You'd hope he'd say he's looking forward to returning and fighting for his place.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/a...-over-brighton-and-hove-albion.-2211621.aspx?

It was reported a while back that Liverpool were interested because of course he was a protege of Alex Inglethorpe, hopefully that was just media speculation.

You feeling paranoid much?

He was asked in an interview with the official Brentford site what his plans were and he said he was there until the end of the season. That's all that happened.

He probably doesn't know what will happen next season. Why alienate the Brentford fans by saying that he's focused on Tottenham? They might even get promotion and if a PL loan is next for him he might still be there next season. Seemed a perfectly professional answer to me.

We've yet to lose a youngster like him that we wanted to keep due to contract issues as far as I can remember. Probably at some point it will happen, after all it happened to United with Pogba... But I see no reason to be worried about Pritchard at this point. Also remember that Levy is quite famous for inserting additional clauses about additional years into contracts. He'll be back training with us in the summer and I think we'll be fine if we want to keep him.

i wonder if Pritchard's height/size bothers Poch......from what ive seen the players he tends to pick are of reasonable height/stature. It was the same at Southampton

I was very surprised he wasnt brought back in Jan, just integrate him and make im feel wanted. With such a short contract due to run out in a years time, maybe the player himself is feeling that Spurs dont actually value him so highly and thats why when he talks about his future he doesnt mention Spurs. Spur of the Moment may have a point.

Not much smaller than Eriksen, Lallana or Ward-Prowse is he?

It's always a balancing act between regular first team football out on loan and a squad role with us. I think another half a season in the Championship playing for a promotion chasing team that's playing him week in week out whilst (reportedly) playing some good football could be a lot more useful for his development than being a squad player for us.

It's one interview, and his answer was perfectly professional.

From what I've read and heard we have scouts watching all or most loan players, surely players like him in the Championship. And we're in regular contact with those players, talking about their development etc. How much did Mason talk about us when on loan at Swindon? How much did Kane talk about us when on loan at Norwich/Leicester?

Standard claimed earlier this season that we have an additional 2 year option on top of the 2 year contract he signed last summer:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...lubs-during-brentford-loan-spell-9913847.html

since the age of eight and has no desire to leave the club at this stage. Similarly, the club want him to stay.

Yet Pritchard’s contract expires at the end of next season – although Spurs have the option to extend it by two years – and if there appears little chance of breaking through at his boyhood club, he would not be short of suitors.
[/URL]

Far from an impeccable source. But what we do know is that Levy is very good with contract issues like these and that he's meticulous about getting these things right. What we also know is that we've shown considerable patience with young players in recent years and it's paid off with players like Kane, Mason and Townsend.

Pritchard: “I get updates from certain people from Tottenham who call me and come to watch games.”

Warburton, Brentford manager: “Alex has been outstanding and his attitude has been spot on. He is desperate to play here and will be here until Spurs say otherwise. We are in regular touch with Spurs with DVDs and medical data from every game Alex plays in. I'm sure he would think long and hard before leaving.”

You feeling paranoid much?

He was asked in an interview with the official Brentford site what his plans were and he said he was there until the end of the season. That's all that happened.

He probably doesn't know what will happen next season. Why alienate the Brentford fans by saying that he's focused on Tottenham? They might even get promotion and if a PL loan is next for him he might still be there next season. Seemed a perfectly professional answer to me.

We've yet to lose a youngster like him that we wanted to keep due to contract issues as far as I can remember. Probably at some point it will happen, after all it happened to United with Pogba... But I see no reason to be worried about Pritchard at this point. Also remember that Levy is quite famous for inserting additional clauses about additional years into contracts. He'll be back training with us in the summer and I think we'll be fine if we want to keep him.

Ahem ... well if you go back to the very first of my posts that you quoted above you'll see I already made that point.;)

Having just read all the stuff that's been posted since I'm reassured, but only somewhat! :cool:

Standard claimed earlier this season that we have an additional 2 year option on top of the 2 year contract he signed last summer:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...lubs-during-brentford-loan-spell-9913847.html

Far from an impeccable source. But what we do know is that Levy is very good with contract issues like these and that he's meticulous about getting these things right. What we also know is that we've shown considerable patience with young players in recent years and it's paid off with players like Kane, Mason and Townsend.

That ES article stating he's been here since the age of 8 seems to conflict with this: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-spurs-nextgen-alex-pritchard-coulibaly-384419

Apparently he was a West Ham product first.

Pritchard: “I get updates from certain people from Tottenham who call me and come to watch games.”

Warburton, Brentford manager: “Alex has been outstanding and his attitude has been spot on. He is desperate to play here and will be here until Spurs say otherwise. We are in regular touch with Spurs with DVDs and medical data from every game Alex plays in. I'm sure he would think long and hard before leaving.”
Sounds pretty reasonable to me. People talk about experience, and it must be pure gold to have a young player set up as the fulcrum of a team that's surely one of the most forward-thinking in the league. From what I've heard, Warburton has brought good management practices and use of technology to the training ground, and Pritchard can only benefit from it.

Slightly worried about the Warburton departure, but it sounds as though he's been good enough to escape the "previous manager's favourite" tag.

Bees boss Mark Warburton says the on-loan midfielder is 'outstanding' and will make an impact at his parent club Tottenham
  • 88 Shares
  • Bees boss . “Alex is at his best with the ball at his feet.

“He sees a pass. He’s the best player I’ve seen in this division, certainly, to receive the ball on the half-turn at pace.

“Left or right side, he has the ability to take it on the half-turn and for us, how we play, that hurts the opposition.

“Technically he’s outstanding. For me, Pritch is nailed on Premier League.

“I’d never be disrespectful enough to speak about what Spurs should do or could do with him.

“But in my opinion – and I’m a Spurs fan, by the way – I think he is more than good enough to go and positively impact their playing squad.”

Alex-Pritchard.jpg

Loan star: Alex Pritchard has scored eight goals in 36 appearances for Brentford

Pritchard has eight goals in 36 appearances for a Brentford team whose inspired form – three wins from four ahead of this trip to Ipswich – make a nonsense of the club’s decision to replace Warburton as manager in May.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/spurs-starlet-alex-pritchard-nailed-5295763

One would imagine Pritchard would be absolutely desperate to return and get a chance having watched whats gone on with Bentaleb, Kane and Mason. Its hard to picture him thinking of staying where he is long term or leaving Spurs unless he's been told something we don't know.

Its very positive for us that young players, not just in our ranks, but elsewhere can see they genuinely may get a chance at Spurs to step up if they keep working. Also if they take that chance there are fatter long term contracts drawn up within 6months or so of making their mark.

Its certain they see the love coming from the stands for anyone thats one of our own too.

Must be a killer for guys like Livermore and Carroll, if anything they broke through just too early for Poch (and some credit where its due, Sherwood).

I've never seen the guy play, but this sounds very promising indeed.

Next season it seems we could very well field a team with Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend, Kane and Pritchard - six (!) academy players. That would be quite astonishing. Will probably go unnoticed though, as none of them are Wenger's kids.

I've never seen the guy play, but this sounds very promising indeed.

Next season it seems we could very well field a team with Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend, Kane and Pritchard - six (!) academy players. That would be quite astonishing. Will probably go unnoticed though, as none of them are Wenger's kids.

Here you go, now you can be a expert like the rest ;)

I wonder if Kane had gone out on loan again like Sherwood stated we wanted, would he have turned out as good as he is now. I guess there comes a time to give these guys a chance and Pritchard looks like he's earned a chance here at least next season.

The one thing is, as something Wenger has always stated, to give these players a chance you can't sign players that will block their progression. Maybe a gamble but we have to either believe in these players or let them go. And in many ways, are the risks not the same on the transfer market? At least we really know the character of our own and can work on quality rather than sign talent with possibly no character.

Back