• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

He has at least one year left. Some reports saying we have another 2 year option after that (I posted a link to an article a couple of pages back). Nothing official on that though. In general I think Levy is very good on stuff like this and I see no reason to be worried.

I cannot imagine Levy sending him on loan before tying him down to some form of long term contract

I cannot imagine Levy sending him on loan before tying him down to some form of long term contract
Yeah if he has one year left you'd have to imagine he'll be getting a squad place next season in order to help convince him to re-sign here.

If we don't give him a proper chance next year I would be gobsmacked. Could be good back up for erisken, would be a great option on the left or right and looks a top prospect.

He has played most of the Brentford games I've seen him play there

Ok. How many of their games have you watched?

Doesn't strike me as a natural on the right. He's fairly two footed which helps of course, but to me he looks a bit more like an Eriksen type player that would fit better through the middle or cutting in from the left.

Could that be more Pritchard's choice than ours? Perhaps he is weighing his options and not happy to commit until we show him he has a chance.

Quite possibly. Not rare for young players to manage their careers that way. Bit of a catch 22 at this point, I don't think he'll be given a regular place in our match day squad if he only has a year left on his contract. I imagine it will be sorted out in the summer.

Maybe for the 2015/16 squad thread, but I see Pritchard as so similar to Ericksen that he would play the same rôle in the EL fixtures.

Maybe for the 2015/16 squad thread, but I see Pritchard as so similar to Ericksen that he would play the same rôle in the EL fixtures.

- replacement/cover for Eriksen in lesser games/cups
- interesting option of alongside Eriksen for teams that park the bus
- Wide option

I see Pritchard as very similar to Beckham who, had he played today, might have played as much on the left as on the right

Pritchard isn't very similar to Beckham from what I've seen, he receives the ball in tight areas and runs at the defence, he plays one-twos and tries to get on the end of stuff to score. He reminds me of watching Nick Barmby in his early Spurs days more than anyone.

Pritchard isn't very similar to Beckham from what I've seen, he receives the ball in tight areas and runs at the defence, he plays one-twos and tries to get on the end of stuff to score. He reminds me of watching Nick Barmby in his early Spurs days more than anyone.

yep, i see that

The way he strikes the ball, the body angle when he takes a set piece and obviously the quality of the free kicks are all similar to Beckham. When Beckham was younger, he was more mobile as well, similar to Pritchard now and they both play wide midfield

The way he strikes the ball, the body angle when he takes a set piece and obviously the quality of the free kicks are all similar to Beckham. When Beckham was younger, he was more mobile as well, similar to Pritchard now and they both play wide midfield

Some comparisons, my view

- Pritchard is a bit more direct than Beckham, bit more individual flair
- Beckham to me (and the part most of his critics miss) was the ultimate team player, he made his teammates better, created opportunities, didn't have the ability as much to win the game by himself (outside of set pieces)

Highlights from the 2-1 loss to Cardiff. All goals from considerable defensive mistakes. A handful of good involvements from Pritchard including a fairly well struck free kick where Brentford scored after a rather poor rebound from the Cardiff goalie.

(Brentford youtube channel posts highlights from all their games from what I've seen).

Goal scoring creative midfielder who can play wide and can take on his opponent 1:1

We would have to be drunk/high not to run him through preseason and try to integrate him into the squad for next

yes he is quite direct at running towards goal.

not sure how he'd fair when the playground gets a bit crowded as with Poch's attack. but i think kane will benefit immediately from a presence like his that tends to create space for others.

to me he is already a viable option instead of eriksen who can get snuffed out of certain games too easily.

yes he is quite direct at running towards goal.

not sure how he'd fair when the playground gets a bit crowded as with Poch's system. but i think kane will benefit immediately from a presence like his that tends to create space for others. definitely faster and more direct unlike chadli, dembele and eriksen.

to me he is already a viable option instead of eriksen who can get snuffed out of certain games too easily.

Back