• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Personally, I could see us selling Dembele and Townsend and bringing in Pritchard plus someone like Konoplyanka or Depay. I think we lack that directness to our play.

I think you are absolutely onto something here as at least one of those players will go for sure.

I'd say the are far more likely transfer candidates from Paulinho, Capoue, Kaboul or Ade than those two mentioned. Both are in and around the first team squad most weeks. I would love Depay here.

I would love to see

Kaboul - 7m
Capoue - 8m
Paulinho - 12m
Ade - 3m (is he out of contract?)
Townsend - 10m
Lennon - 9m
Soldado - 10m

After fee's etc lets call it 30m to buy in a couple of Strikers and a Winger which will leave space for a lot of our youngsters, including Pritchard to get alot of game time. I would even look at getting rid of Chadli if we can find a goal scoring winger.

Definately not a fan of losing Chadli. The guy has shown himself to be a good player and although he's had a rough month, is still one of our top scorers. He's a very useful player to have and whilst he does miss that x-factor, he still wins us games.

IIRC Kaboul is out of contract this summer too.

Back on topic; I think Pritchard has definately done enough in this loan spell to deserve a shot at the first team squad. He's growing into his role there,becoming more and more influential for Brentford and the fact that there are upper Championship and lower Prem teams looking to nab him on the cheap speaks well for him.

I would love to see

Kaboul - 7m
Capoue - 8m
Paulinho - 12m
Townsend - 10m
Lennon - 9m
Soldado - 10m

After fee's etc lets call it 30m to buy in a couple of Strikers and a Winger which will leave space for a lot of our youngsters, including Pritchard to get alot of game time. I would even look at getting rid of Chadli if we can find a goal scoring winger.

That is exactly what he has proven himself to be.... he is still nearly averaging a goal every other game this year and has also been getting a fair share of assists. Chadli will be a vital part of this squad for several seasons and will probably get better and better.

I would love to see

Kaboul - 7m
Capoue - 8m
Paulinho - 12m
Townsend - 10m
Lennon - 9m
Soldado - 10m

I think we'd all love to see that kind of money but realistically I think perhaps only Soldado would fetch the fees you're talking about here.
As much as we wish it was super easy to sell players that we don't have any use for, there's a reason that we don't have a use for them. With the figures you've quoted it's almost like you haven't seen some of these players play whilst they've been at the club, wouldn't 7m be a profit on Kaboul? Don't see it happening, I think he might be out of contract like Ade as well but maybe there's a year extension like we often have but I'm not imagining we'll use it.

I think we'd all love to see that kind of money but realistically I think perhaps only Soldado would fetch the fees you're talking about here.
As much as we wish it was super easy to sell players that we don't have any use for, there's a reason that we don't have a use for them. With the figures you've quoted it's almost like you haven't seen some of these players play whilst they've been at the club, wouldn't 7m be a profit on Kaboul? Don't see it happening, I think he might be out of contract like Ade as well but maybe there's a year extension like we often have but I'm not imagining we'll use it.

I may have gone overboard with the prices but with the way the market it and the way Championship clubs splash the cash for mediocre players, i don't tihnk them prices are to unrealistic.

That is exactly what he has proven himself to be.... he is still nearly averaging a goal every other game this year and has also been getting a fair share of assists. Chadli will be a vital part of this squad for several seasons and will probably get better and better.
He has been a right place at the right time goal scorer for me. apart from the goals (which are always a good thing) what else does he do?

People say Eriksen is our most inconsistent player but i think Chadli is. Dempsey used to score the kind of goals Chadli does and hardly anyone wanted him at the club.

I may have gone overboard with the prices but with the way the market it and the way Championship clubs splash the cash for mediocre players, i don't tihnk them prices are to unrealistic.

We'll have to agree to disagree on it I guess. Transfer windows never work like the "we'll be able to sell our brick we don't want for top money and then have a war chest to spend". And there are many reasons why but time and time again many will be surprised and dismayed at Levy's inability to sell brick and replace with quality because of an unrealistic idealistic wet dream of a transfer window.

But bringing it back to Pritchard, he's not really a player I know much about or have seen much of bar the odd highlight but great to hear he's doing well. Has he done any training with the first team? Was he around for the pre season last summer with poch?

I would love to see

Kaboul - 7m
Capoue - 8m
Paulinho - 12m
Townsend - 10m
Lennon - 9m
Soldado - 10m

Agree with who to sell although the Kaboul fee looks a out double what we would get and maybe more as he will have a year left. Likewise I can't see Lennon going for that kind of money either but that's semantics

I do think though that Pritchard coming in on the right along with ideally Depay on the left (£20m) plus Berahino (£18/£20m), Ings (£5m) and Reid in from the spam on a free would massively upgrade the squad. We could then sell. Chriches for decent money too and have Velovic as back up

Centre mid would look like a combination of Mason, Bentelab, Stambouli, Carroll and Dali Ali - not much experience but plenty of energy and technical ability with a nice blend

Attacking 3 would be Lamella, Pricthard, eriksen, Chadli and Depay which has a combination of goals and guile

Strikers would be Kane, Berhaino and Ings who can all play in the 3 behind, are young and dynamic and appear to have an upwards curve

Bedford, I love your transfer plans, but I can't realistically see us getting both Ings and Berahino and keeping them both happy. It's likely gonna be one of them and perhaps Rodriguez (injury status???).

Bedford, I love your transfer plans, but I can't realistically see us getting both Ings and Berahino and keeping them both happy. It's likely gonna be one of them and perhaps Rodriguez (injury status???).

I'd take that though.

I just think it's clear who can and can't play to Pochs level and we may as well ship them out

I think berahino is more likely of the two purely because I think United and Liverpoo will be all over Ings

Reid is perfectly doable, but Depay is the one that I think could help us make the step up

Fully expect Alli and Pritchard to be part of the plans for first half of next season, to give them the chance.

Depay will be someone will should go for, but I feel we need a further two players like that to add to the squad. We are crying out for a centre midfielder to push us on as good as Mason and Beltaleb are, we need that next step of player to improve.

Full backs are also a worry for me

I think the ship with Depay sailed last summer. Happy to be wrong though....
There's chatter that both Manchester clubs are interested in him now. I'd say our chances of landing him are small but you never know. He might just see us as the next step, a progression up the ladder rather than trying to go straight in at the top.

A Blackpool supporting mate is going to their game against Brentford tonight. I have asked him to keep an eye out for Pritchard and let me know what he thinks.

Back