• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Pardew

Oh ffs, we didn't choke. Our performance were actually never that good since the turn of the year, even against arsenal at the lane.
Bale dragged us through the first three months of 2013 - our lack of squad was exposed when he, lennon and sandro got injured.
Our strikers have been good in parts (except ade who has been poor all season), we need strikers who will be good at the same time.

I refuse to take the opinion that we have done well this season it's just that arsenal and chelsea have been better. This is bollox, one of these clubs has a multi million pound squad and the other has pedigree. We have neither and unfortunately to get both requires excellent management and a good transfer tactic.

We have neither!

[-X

Oh ffs, we didn't choke. Our performance were actually never that good since the turn of the year, even against arsenal at the lane.
Bale dragged us through the first three months of 2013 - our lack of squad was exposed when he, lennon and sandro got injured.
Our strikers have been good in parts (except ade who has been poor all season), we need strikers who will be good at the same time.

I refuse to take the opinion that we have done well this season it's just that arsenal and chelsea have been better. This is bollox, one of these clubs has a multi million pound squad and the other has pedigree. We have neither and unfortunately to get both requires excellent management and a good transfer tactic.

We have neither!

You need help buddy.

We have neither!

Seriously, how ridiculous are you going to look and feel if in 19 hours, we end up in 4th place?

Your post is all over the place as well. You acknowledge that our two rivals this season are a) funded almost without limit or b) been qualifying for the CL for the past 15 years straight. You say that to catch either, we need excellent management and a good transfer tactic. We apparently have neither.

Yet, with just one game left, we are 1 and 3 points behind those 2 clubs, with a reasonable chance still of finishing above one of them.

How is it possible to even be within touching distance of either of thoe clubs if we have poor management and transfer policy?

I think offering it to physios, tea ladies etc will actually focus the players more. They know the money will make a difference for people who are probably on relatively ordinary wages.

GHod, I hope it works!

Seriously, how ridiculous are you going to look and feel if in 19 hours, we end up in 4th place?

Your post is all over the place as well. You acknowledge that our two rivals this season are a) funded almost without limit or b) been qualifying for the CL for the past 15 years straight. You say that to catch either, we need excellent management and a good transfer tactic. We apparently have neither.

Yet, with just one game left, we are 1 and 3 points behind those 2 clubs, with a reasonable chance still of finishing above one of them.

How is it possible to even be within touching distance of either of thoe clubs if we have poor management and transfer policy?

19 hours?!

:eek:

He's clearly not giving the money to motivate the players, but to just celebrate their success or to celebrate them finishing above Sunderland.

You guys are clearly missing the point.

Its not the £1m bonus that is the point worthy of note, the key message here is the additional monies for finishing a higher position than the potential 17th.

This extra revenue will no doubt increase Pardews transfer budget... Of which the staff get £1m from that.

You guys are clearly missing the point.

Its not the £1m bonus that is the point worthy of note, the key message here is the additional monies for finishing a higher position than the potential 17th.

This extra revenue will no doubt increase Pardews transfer budget... Of which the staff get £1m from that.

True, but he's under no obligation to give the staff the money. And it likely will make a difference for many of them.

I'm just clutching for any straws I can! After the whole 4-0 thing, I'm just pleased that potentially the players may have a little more incentive.

We have neither!

If we win tomorrow record points total.

:-k

Kanoute16

Talking out of your bottom. we require excellent management and transfer tactic? We have both already, AVB has proved as the season went on how good a manager he is by correcting mistakes we made.

Regarding transfers we have to be one of the best run clubs in europe, we don't have an endless pot of gold, we have to shop clever. Its frustrating we can't go out and buy two or three 30m players but that's the position we our in.

I think offering it to physios, tea ladies etc will actually focus the players more. They know the money will make a difference for people who are probably on relatively ordinary wages.

GHod, I hope it works!

That's my optimistic take on it too.

£1 million shared between, say, 20 players (who are probably on win bonuses anyway) would amount to little more than a week or two's wages for most of them. Nice, maybe............but not something they're going to bust a gut over.

By contrast, £1 million shared between, say, 200 non playing staff would amount to a huge bonus for most of them. The players will know that. I agree that it could well be a better incentive than if the money was for them.

What has made me laugh is the reaction of a lot of gooners in the comments section of various papers. Moaning about this being very dodgy - a bribe - because Ashley is supposedly a Spurs fan. Silly fudgers........why can't they understand that this has got nothing to do with Spurs and everything to do with Saudi Sportswashing Machine earning a potential £4 mill or so more from Premier League reward money? Besides, even if it was a "bribe" because Ashley is a Spurs fan, there would be nothing remotely illegal or even dodgy about it. There wouldn't, as far as I know, even be anything illegal or dodgy about Joe Lewis promising the Saudi Sportswashing Machine players a £10 million bonus for getting a result against Arsenal.

Being offered an incentive by anyone to LOSE a match.............now that would be a very different matter.

Come to think of it, actually, Saudi Sportswashing Machine players being incentivised to win this match could work against us. Imagine that, deep into injury time, we're comfortably beating Sunderland (yes, yes.....just for the sake of argument) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are drawing with Arsenal. We're nearly there, right? But Saudi Sportswashing Machine are desperate to win. So they pour forward in search of the winner. And leave themselves exposed to a lightning counter......

Doesn't bear thinking about!

Last edited:
But indianspur said Ashley was a huge Gooner and Saudi Sportswashing Machine would do anything to stitch us up :p

ahhh i didnt realise that the tea lady is playing up front for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and the car park attendant is in goal for them:-k .....

do modern mercenary footballers really give a fcuk about the staff at their football clubs? seriously, do you think the likes of Gouffran, Marveaux, Debuchy, Cisse etc are going to try harder to win bonuses for the club staff???:lol:

players are passionate about their bank balances. If you really want to motivate them, give THEM financial incentives

very clever from Ashley, this stunt will cover the 4-0 Pardew prediction and his own hatred of Spurs

That's my optimistic take on it too.

£1 million shared between, say, 20 players (who are probably on win bonuses anyway) would amount to little more than a week or two's wages for most of them. Nice, maybe............but not something they're going to bust a gut over.

By contrast, £1 million shared between, say, 200 non playing staff would amount to a huge bonus for most of them. The players will know that. I agree that it could well be a better incentive than if the money was for them.

What has made me laugh is the reaction of a lot of gooners in the comments section of various papers. Moaning about this being very dodgy - a bribe - because Ashley is supposedly a Spurs fan. Silly fudgers........why can't they understand that this has got nothing to do with Spurs and everything to do with Saudi Sportswashing Machine earning a potential £4 mill or so more from Premier League reward money? Besides, even if it was a "bribe" because Ashley is a Spurs fan, there would be nothing remotely illegal or even dodgy about it. There wouldn't, as far as I know, even be anything illegal or dodgy about Joe Lewis promising the Saudi Sportswashing Machine players a £10 million bonus for getting a result against Arsenal.

Being offered an incentive by anyone to LOSE a match.............now that would be a very different matter.

Come to think of it, actually, Saudi Sportswashing Machine players being incentivised to win this match could work against us. Imagine that, deep into injury time, we're comfortably beating Sunderland (yes, yes.....just for the sake of argument) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are drawing with Arsenal. We're nearly there, right? But Saudi Sportswashing Machine are desperate to win. So they pour forward in search of the winner. And leave themselves exposed to a lightning counter......Doesn't bear thinking about!

That is a very good point. I never considered that possibility.

Thanks for making my brain hurt even more today! :(

ahhh i didnt realise that the tea lady is playing up front for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and the car park attendant is in goal for them:-k .....

do modern mercenary footballers really give a fcuk about the staff at their football clubs? seriously, do you think the likes of Gouffran, Marveaux, Debuchy, Cisse etc are going to try harder to win bonuses for the club staff???:lol:

players are passionate about their bank balances. If you really want to motivate them, give THEM financial incentives

very clever from Ashley, this stunt will cover the 4-0 Pardew prediction and his own hatred of Spurs

Yeah, they have their own financial incentives. They're called win bonuses, goal bonuses, clean sheet bonuses and likely bonuses based on how high up the table they manage to finish.

You're literally the only person I've seen say that Ashley hates Spurs. Everyone else has him as neutral or as a Spurs fan. Where exactly did you get this from?

I think you're quite wrong about this.

It's unfair to assume that players care for no one but themselves.

I suspect that most players would love to do something that makes a big difference to the lives of those who work behind the scenes at their clubs.

Yes, modern players can be selfish and aloof. They can be mercenary. But underneath the facade, most of them are decent. Most of them want to please. Most of them want to give something back.

Motivating players by promising them a little extra money would be a bit weak. Same old, same old.

Motivating them by promising them that others will benefit is, I suspect, much more compelling. It's novel, at least.

Back