• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Pardew

Its common in Spain for opposing teams to give rewards to teams who do them a favour which I find in poor taste. So much of football is about greed and egos but today Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a chance to play one of the best teams in the league and give it a real go to give their fans something to shout about after all the brick results in the last few months. Its bizarre that these guys are on such a massive wage packet but even their chairman is trying to give them a reason to give it a go. I'd feel sorry for Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans today if Arsenal thump them as it would really show their players lack of respect and pride for them and their club.

I think you're quite wrong about this.

It's unfair to assume that players care for no one but themselves.

I suspect that most players would love to do something that makes a big difference to the lives of those who work behind the scenes at their clubs.

Yes, modern players can be selfish and aloof. They can be mercenary. But underneath the facade, most of them are decent. Most of them want to please. Most of them want to give something back.

Motivating players by promising them a little extra money would be a bit weak. Same old, same old.

Motivating them by promising them that others will benefit is, I suspect, much more compelling. It's novel, at least.

we shall see

a seriously motivated Saudi Sportswashing Machine team should not lose to this Arse team, and whether they are motivated or not will be clear for all to see

i really hope you are right (but somehow doubt it ;) )

we shall see

a seriously motivated Saudi Sportswashing Machine team should not lose to this Arse team
, and whether they are motivated or not will be clear for all to see

i really hope you are right (but somehow doubt it ;) )

How do you work that out? Arsenal are leagues ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine

How do you work that out? Arsenal are leagues ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have talented players. They have underperformed this season due to a number of reasons, small squad, massive injuries, the EL distraction, losing their best player in Jan. They are in a false position

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have talented players. They have underperformed this season due to a number of reasons, small squad, massive injuries, the EL distraction, losing their best player in Jan. They are in a false position

Here are the results of the last ten times that they have met in all competitions. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have won 1, drawn 2 and lost 7.

2012/2013 Sat 29 Dec Arsenal 7 - 3 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
2011/2012 Mon 12 Mar Arsenal 2 - 1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
Sat 13 Aug Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. 0 - 0 Arsenal Premier League
2010/2011 Sat 05 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. 4 - 4 Arsenal Premier League
Sun 07 Nov Arsenal 0 - 1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
Wed 27 Oct Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. 0 - 4 Arsenal League Cup
2008/2009 Sat 21 Mar Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. 1 - 3 Arsenal Premier League
Sat 30 Aug Arsenal 3 - 0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
2007/2008 Tue 29 Jan Arsenal 3 - 0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
Sat 26 Jan Arsenal 3 - 0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. F.A. Cup

Here are the results of the last ten times that they have met in all competitions. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have won 1, drawn 2 and lost 7.

2012/2013 Sat 29 Dec Arsenal 7 - 3 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
2011/2012 Mon 12 Mar Arsenal 2 - 1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
Sat 13 Aug Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. 0 - 0 Arsenal Premier League
2010/2011 Sat 05 Feb Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. 4 - 4 Arsenal Premier League
Sun 07 Nov Arsenal 0 - 1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
Wed 27 Oct Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. 0 - 4 Arsenal League Cup
2008/2009 Sat 21 Mar Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. 1 - 3 Arsenal Premier League
Sat 30 Aug Arsenal 3 - 0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
2007/2008 Tue 29 Jan Arsenal 3 - 0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. Premier League
Sat 26 Jan Arsenal 3 - 0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd. F.A. Cup

so what???

what has sat 26 Jan 2008 got to do with this afternoon??

Im talking about the current team, the current manager, and my understanding they have good players who havent had a good season for a variety of reasons as i explained.

Now the pressure is off, apart from the keeper they have most of their best players available, if they are motivated like Jimmyb says they could be by this one million pound incentive for the club staff, then i expect the team not to lose to Arse this afternoon.

my original doubt is regarding how much a financial motivation for the club staff will impact the players themselves. I would have much preferred Ashley to offer huge bonuses to the players because after all the majority of players are motivated by money, in my opinion of course. However i understand what Jimmy was trying to say and as i said i hope he is right

and if you want to focus on results, how about the fact that no West Ham or Saudi Sportswashing Machine team managed by Pardew has ever lost to a Wenger managed Arse in a league game at home.....does that make Pardew superior to Wenger?

Last edited by a moderator:
and if you want to focus on results, how about the fact that no West Ham or Saudi Sportswashing Machine team managed by Pardew has ever lost to Arse in a league game at home.....does that make Pardew superior to Wenger?

great stat that !!!!!

and if you want to focus on results, how about the fact that no West Ham or Saudi Sportswashing Machine team managed by Pardew has ever lost to a Wenger managed Arse in a league game at home.....does that make Pardew superior to Wenger?

Ah great, you've jinxed it now!

Well, I've had my bet on an Arse win, so we should be fine.

2-0 Arse at half time, 2-1 final as we get ever so excited at the Saudi Sportswashing Machine comeback which never fully develops :(

Ah great, you've jinxed it now!

ok, as we all know, Wenger's Arse have never finished below Tottenham and have qualified for the CL ever season for what 16 years??

jinxed it now havent I ;) :)

something has to give (of course Spurs must win also)

Back