• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Hang on, are you really trying to say that Townsend is twice as good as Lennon has been over the past few seasons?

Based on what? Townsend having played less than 20 games for us??!

Lennon has had excellent spells of form for us but has also suffered with injuries. I am in the Lennon camp for now as I know just how good he can be whereas Townsend still has a lot to prove.

If Lennon was half as good as Townsend, we would have been in the CL in the last 4 or 5 seasons.

That's a bit far the other way.. Townsend will have to do it on a consistent basis to prove how good he is.

Am in the Townsend camp for the moment, but that's to do with their forms in 2013..

That's a bit far the other way.. Townsend will have to do it on a consistent basis to prove how good he is.

Agreed.

Wasn't too long ago people were calling for Townsend to be dropped. It was only his performance at home to Chelsea that seemed to change everyones mind again.

Lennon when fit and flying has been a great player in our team over the years, unfortunately he seems to get injured too much and when he does he takes an age to get back to playing well and confidently

He started off the season so annoyingly, all he does is get the ball and pass it back, no going at players and definately no end product

Lennon when fit and flying has been a great player in our team over the years, unfortunately he seems to get injured too much and when he does he takes an age to get back to playing well and confidently

He started off the season so annoyingly, all he does is get the ball and pass it back, no going at players and definately no end product

I thought he was our best player in his only game this season (Palace at home), constantly driving at the inexperienced full back and winning our penalty.

I thought he was our best player in his only game this season (Palace at home), constantly driving at the inexperienced full back and winning our penalty.

and hitting the 1st defender with every single cross, ill give you the pen win though

Our midfield was real good for a few months in the first half of last season. We had Lennon who was beating his man, we had the unreal partnership at the time of Sandro and Dembele and this was a time when Bale was playing on the left too and we all know of his threat.

Do I think Lennon is better than Townsend? I do. Do I feel he should come straight back in the team however? Nope. Townsend has taken the chance given and deserves his starts. People on here will know of my love for Lamela, I'm a big Roma fan so watching him a lot the past few years I knew what he is all about, but even I think Townsend should be ahead of him based on performances.

That is a canny post.

Anybody know anything about Lennon's progress and whether he's likely to be on the bench in Sunday?

Shouldn't be even if fit IMO. He's had zero match practise as far as I am aware and should have to prove himself to get the spot on the bench in the premier league in Europa or cup matches first.

Before the international break AVB said that Lennon would be back from injury after the break. Don't think any details about his progress will be made public.

@SpursOfficial tweeted a photo of Lennon, Chiriches and Fryers finishing a training session yesterday.

I reckon he will be on the bench on Sunday and a 20 minute run out at the end.

I hope this is a strategy AVB has in mind. I have noticed that Townsend seems to fade a bit towards the end of games, no doubt because he gives his all, so to replace him with Lennon about the 70min mark to me would really work to our advantage. Throw Walker in to the mix and left side of the opposition defense really should be run ragged for the whole game.

I don't think we will ever see Lennon as a regular starter barring injury to Townsend. He just never did enough most matches he started for us over the years. However, I do think he would be a great impact sub to run at tired defenders

I see Townsend as the long term option. Lennon is just too injury prone and always has been, plus Townsend is starting to become more devastating in the final third and is more of a physical presence.

At his best, I think Lennon's a better player than Townsend at his best. Not saying Townsend won't improve, that's just how I see it right now, October 2013.

However, because Townsend is indeed on top form right now, he has definitely earned the right to be considered first choice. For that to change, either Townsend's form would have to drop (let's hope not), or else Lennon needs to prove that he's back to his very best (in training and in the cups). In an ideal world, the competition will do them both a favour by forcing them to up their game. Ultimately, my hope would be that Lennon comes back into the first team over the next few months - but not because of favouritism or perceived seniority, but because he merits it.

Back