• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Sorry to quote myself, but it was certainly not AT. He is a hungry man.

I doubt Townsend was ever called up by England when Redknapp was Spurs manager.

Of course, knowing Redknapp's tendency to exaggerate he may well have been talking about the U21's as well as the senior players.

I doubt Townsend was ever called up by England when Redknapp was Spurs manager.

Of course, knowing Redknapp's tendency to exaggerate he may well have been talking about the U21's as well as the senior players.

It was 'im what made Bale what he is today.

can't wait for lennon to get back. we will pulverize the right wing with both him and townsend taking turns for fun.

I Can't wait to see Eriksen and Lennon in the same team; I have visions of Eriken playing Lennon in behind and between the left-cb and left-bank, much like Modric did in the build-up to our 3rd goal away to Bolton near the end of the 2011/2012 season.

Or like the throughball Eriksen played to Paulinho for our second goal against Norwich this season.

=P~

You might have to wait a long time. I fear you are remembering the old Lennon through rosé tinted spectacles of recollected fondness.

I too would like to see the Mk1 Lennon. The one that got me on the edge of my seat when he got the ball, roasted full backs at will, used his thrilling speed to run off the ball, get to the byline often and deliver deadly crosses that Dracula would fear... Well, maybe all but the last one!

Unfortunately, the reality is that we have had a Mk2 Lennon in recent times. One that seems to be afraid to take on his full back (especially surprising to me after his man has been booked!), one that gives but doesn't go, hardly ever runs off the ball, virtually never created space for himself, I constantly note how he just stands by his man and doesn't make himself available to the midfield ( one of our major failings last year in an offensive sense IMO) and he doesn't assist or score enough. Plus he has not developed any kind of understanding with Walker despite playing together for some considerable time now.

Mk1 Lennon would be welcomed back, but now has distinct competition from Townsend and Lamela. Mk 2 Lennon is way down the pecking order now IMO .

Just like Ade, Lennon has to prove he is the Mk1 version before he should get a place back in the team IMO .

Last edited:
yeah thats what i feel about lennon too
seems to be just trying to get to the byline and then.... nothing much

he's lost the aggressivity of imposing his pace touch and turn and turning on that fear factor
when it seems that he's got the initiative he just seems happy to sit on it and wait for it to fizz out.

i remember he responded well to a kick up the backside, and townsend it is to deliver it again. this time though we have two very capable alternatives; good headache for avb

I dont think he has lost anything. Its the tactics. Theyre not conducive to bringing out the best in him. Teams sit back against us and we just pass the ball sideways etc which doesnt allow him to get the ball in space. Also the use of this whole 'inverted' wingers means he is asked to come inside therefore not bringing the best out of him.

I dont think he has lost anything. Its the tactics. Theyre not conducive to bringing out the best in him. Teams sit back against us and we just pass the ball sideways etc which doesnt allow him to get the ball in space. Also the use of this whole 'inverted' wingers means he is asked to come inside therefore not bringing the best out of him.

You may be partially right in that it may be down to tactics which don't play to Lennons strengths. However he doesn't help himself by not finding space or making runs off the ball to receive the ball in space. Whatever the cause, it appears Lennon is not best suited to these tactics and is therefore unlikely to return anytime soon as anything but an impact sub to change the game if needed.

I thought that Lennon was one of best players in the first half of last season. If he can get match fit, then I am sure that he has a role to play.

Teams sit back against 'big' teams. It's not just to do with the tactics. If you think he can't cope with teams that sit back there is little point in him starting against the bottom ten sides.

Lennon looks a class above Townsend.

Townsend looks lower PL at best, possibly Championship. Has not been involved in any of our goals . Lamela did more with one quick pass than all Townsend's huff and puff.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick people are judge people negatively on this forum

I thought that Lennon was one of best players in the first half of last season. If he can get match fit, then I am sure that he has a role to play.

Ditto.

As much as I have rate Townsend me thinks it is daft that so many people are quick to write of Lennon while he was injured. I swear a large number of people suffer from amnesia on this forum

He was a good player for five or six games and then there was a massively over enthused 'lennon's back baby' thread.. Which was short lived. He then reverted to form and disappointed for the rest of the season. Lennon has to win his place back, just like anyone else should.

Problem being Townsend is the most in form and to not try and bed lamela in the Europa league and cups would be silly.

He was indeed. Our midfield was real good for a few months in the first half of last season. We had Lennon who was beating his man, we had the unreal partnership at the time of Sandro and Dembele and this was a time when Bale was playing on the left too and we all know of his threat.

Do I think Lennon is better than Townsend? I do. Do I feel he should come straight back in the team however? Nope. Townsend has taken the chance given and deserves his starts. People on here will know of my love for Lamela, I'm a big Roma fan so watching him alot the past few years I knew what he is all about, but even I think Townsend should be ahead of him based on performances.

Lennon should get a start against Hull in the Cup with a returning Capoue too hopefully and we will see what he can do. Imagine the backlash on here if Wayne Routledge returned from injury and took the spot of this relative unknown inexperiencd youngster who had been performing wonders down our right side.

Back