• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Decent at tracking back isn't that helpful though with the system we are playing. We play with two DM's, they are there to provide cover for our offensive players to get forward and do their bit. We need those offensive players to get forward and score goals, not worry about defending when we have possession.

I don't think Lennon is that great at using the ball. Over the last year he has had a distinct pattern of getting the ball, squaring up to the full back and then passing it backwards.

Walker is still young. He will get better. I have my doubts over whether Lennon will or if he has hit his ceiling.

Exactly. And in games where we are dominating but unable to break through, I'd like to see us use Lennon instead of Walker precisely because he is better at attacking. I only mention tracking back because he would be able to do a bodge-job with defending in the moments when it was required.

IMO, Lennon uses the ball much better than Walker and is able to provide more variety in attack than Walker can.

Decent at tracking back isn't that helpful though with the system we are playing. We play with two DM's, they are there to provide cover for our offensive players to get forward and do their bit. We need those offensive players to get forward and score goals, not worry about defending when we have possession.

I don't think Lennon is that great at using the ball. Over the last year he has had a distinct pattern of getting the ball, squaring up to the full back and then passing it backwards.

Walker is still young. He will get better. I have my doubts over whether Lennon will or if he has hit his ceiling.

And yet he was our highest assist player in the Prem and second in all games.

Exactly. And in games where we are dominating but unable to break through, I'd like to see us use Lennon instead of Walker precisely because he is better at attacking. I only mention tracking back because he would be able to do a bodge-job with defending in the moments when it was required.

IMO, Lennon uses the ball much better than Walker and is able to provide more variety in attack than Walker can.

Maybe, but i would rather see Townsend/Walker as both will attack than Lennon/Naughton. Two attacking options are better than one in my mind.

Maybe, but i would rather see Townsend/Walker as both will attack than Lennon/Naughton. Two attacking options are better than one in my mind.

What about Lamela/Lennon? :)

30 minutes to go, 0-0, we are all over them but can't get the break-through...I reckon it'd be worth a go.

Agree yet again. Blimmey this is getting a habit!!! Like you though, I await the Lamela/Walker combo with interest.

And yet he was our highest assist player in the Prem and second in all games.

Highest does not mean best though.

He scored or assisted once every 300 minutes last season in all competitions. That's a pretty poor return really.

To contrast, Dempsey, Siggurdsson, Bale, Defoe, Huddlestone and even Adebayor had a more productive time in a spurs shirt as per effective goal contributions.

Also Carroll and Townsend, however that is partly due to a small sample size.

As per your claims, he was the JOINT highest assist player for spurs in the PL with Bale. He was the joint third in all games, behind Bale and Dempsey and tied with Siggurdsson.

Despite having 1500 minutes additional play time than Siggurdsson and 800 more minutes than Dempsey.

He scored or assisted once every 300 minutes last season in all competitions. That's a pretty poor return really.

To contrast, Dempsey, Siggurdsson, Bale, Defoe, Huddlestone and even Adebayor had a more productive time in a spurs shirt as per effective goal contributions.

As per your claims, he was the JOINT highest assist player for spurs in the PL with Bale. He was the joint third in all games, behind Bale and Dempsey and tied with Siggurdsson.

Despite having 1500 minutes additional play time than Siggurdsson and 800 more minutes than Dempsey.

That is a much more useful stat. Only one goal or assist on average in over THREE games. Not good enough when some of these will be giving it to Bale and watching him do his thang. Context is everything.

PS I don't recall your avatar playing for us. Was he the son of that bloke off the telly who did Animal Magic?

Last edited:

(1) So on that basis does lowest not mean worst :-k

( 2) Never said it was a great return but it is what it is.

( 3 ) sorry you are right about him being joint third in all games i misread the source.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens, but if he stays fit he will be a regular in the team ( imo) and i think AVB will think the same.

(1) So on that basis does lowest not mean worst :-k

( 2) Never said it was a great return but it is what it is.

( 3 ) sorry you are right about him being joint third in all games i misread the source.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens, but if he stays fit he will be a regular in the team ( imo) and i think AVB will think the same.

1. Out of the wide options we used regularly that season, yes, he was the worst at providing effective contributions on a consistent basis.

2. It is pretty ****, is what it is.

I think he could be a regular in the second string. Would not be surprised if he wanted to move elsewhere come the winter as he'll want playing time to prove he should be at the WC. Time will tell though i guess.

1. Out of the wide options we used regularly that season, yes, he was the worst at providing effective contributions on a consistent basis.

2. It is pretty ****, is what it is.

I think he could be a regular in the second string. Would not be surprised if he wanted to move elsewhere come the winter as he'll want playing time to prove he should be at the WC. Time will tell though i guess.

We will have to agree to disagree, as you say time will tell.

Who was Harry talking about when he claimed young English Spurs players did not want to be selected for England?

Good to see Lennon returning form injury. Atleast we have more options in attack now. But not sure if Lennon will improve us much. Both Townsend and Lennon seems like carbon copy of each other, all full of run and dribbling skills but no end product to show for that. They both can be top quality players if they can improve their crossing as well as create and score more goals. Atleast Townsend is still only 22 and has plenty of time to improve. But disappointingly Lennon has not improved much since joining us 9 years ago. I think his return of goals and assists have been far too few considering he would always start whenever fit.

Back