• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

He simply hasn't lived up to the promise he showed early in his career, if anything he's gone backwards, still far too inconsistent.

The same as most wingers I have seen then, the problem wingers ( the ones that play wide) have is they are not always involved, if they do not receive the ball at the right time then they struggle and because they are kept wide they have to relie on other players giving them the ball.

Thinking back most of the wingers (even the very good ones) have quite games if others do not play them in at the right time.

The same as most wingers I have seen then, the problem wingers ( the ones that play wide) have is they are not always involved, if they do not receive the ball at the right time then they struggle and because they are kept wide they have to relie on other players giving them the ball.

Thinking back most of the wingers (even the very good ones) have quite games if others do not play them in at the right time.

Absolutely. It is no coincidence that Lennon's best seasons have happened when we have had ball players in central midfield (Carrick, Modric, Huddlestone) and his worst have been when we have not (Jenas, Zokora, Sandro, Parker, Paulinho).

Absolutely. It is no coincidence that Lennon's best seasons have happened when we have had ball players in central midfield (Carrick, Modric, Huddlestone) and his worst have been when we have not (Jenas, Zokora, Sandro, Parker, Paulinho).

Indeed. He is/has been a top player for us and he has not looked out of place alongside the likes of Bale, Modric, Berby' VDV etc. But unless he ( and wingers as a whole) are not given the ball at the right times then they become isolated and inconsistent.

Not as many as Lennon. Chadli managed to get double figures in terms of goals even with an inexperienced central midfield combination of Masaleb as Gutterboy calls them.

He actually is a good finisher, but he didn't do enough to get into threatening positions more frequently.

Lets face it, even when we had a top midfield, he wasn't consistent enough.

Not as many as Lennon. Chadli managed to get double figures in terms of goals even with an inexperienced central midfield combination of Masaleb as Gutterboy calls them.

He actually is a good finisher, but he didn't do enough to get into threatening positions more frequently.

Chadli is a different type of player all together, as for your last comment I could not disagree more.

They are completely different players though. Chadli is a modern inside forward and although Lennon has been played like that in spells by most Spurs managers he has played under, I think that most would agree that his best spell have been when he has played on the right with someone releasing him early.

Chadli is a different type of player all together, as for your last comment I could not disagree more.

Granted, but ultimately, wingers are meant to create and score goals, Chadli was far more effective over a whole season than I can remember Lennon being. Lennon was better in patches, but consistency is the key word for me.

They are completely different players though. Chadli is a modern inside forward and although Lennon has been played like that in spells by most Spurs managers he has played under, I think that most would agree that his best spell have been when he has played on the right with someone releasing him early.

See my comment above.

I would still argue he was not consistent enough. Each to their own of course.

Granted, but ultimately, wingers are meant to create and score goals, Chadli was far more effective over a whole season than I can remember Lennon being. Lennon was better in patches, but consistency is the key word for me.

Chadli is an inside forward, not a winger. His goals were really important last season but equally, when Lennon played with Bale and VdV he created space for them by pulling players wide.

we shouldn't let goals scored cloud things, I don't thing Chadli controls space and manipulates defences as well as Lennon did in his pomp

This is what I was referring to in my earlier post. Spot on! He needs to be released early, given an opportunity to get up a head of steam, having no over-lapping full back taking up his space. When this happens, Lennon is almost unplayable.

Lennon was at his best with Corluka behind him, exciting to watch but I thought he was going to be something special which he was not, us playing a "high line" also negates his attributes, I know that there has been complaints about his attitude at board level a couple of times which has not helped I also know that he is not the best of trainers, when I think of Lennon I think of good times especially under Jol and Harry, the goal against Chelsea will always stick.

Galvin was a very good player and underated by many, used to love his runs down the left and he was a very good crosser of the ball. Perfect target from Glenn.
Great team player, would definitely rate him as one of our top wide players along with Anderton, who for some reason got lumbered with the "Sicknote" label when he played over 350 games for us, but Jones and Waddle were my favourites.

Chadli is an inside forward, not a winger. His goals were really important last season but equally, when Lennon played with Bale and VdV he created space for them by pulling players wide.
Chadli also came up with a few assists, he didn't just score goals. Jurgen is right, for all Lennons' pace Chadli is far more productive....

For me Lennon was at his best when he played with Carrick who was almost telepathic in the way he would find Lennon with an early ball. Reminded me of hoddle and John chiedozi (sic)

How do you compare Lennon and Chadli when they are completely different players? Both play out wide but that's where their similarities end.

Back