• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

25 player premier league squad

:eek::eek::eek:

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Davies
Capoue Dembele
Lamela Kane Eriksen
Adebayor

Soldado
Townsend Paulinho Lennon
Bentaleb Sandro
Rose Chiriches Dawson Naughton
Vorm

subs: Friedel, Dier, Carroll, Chadli, Ceballos

subs: Archer, Fryers, BAE, Holtby, Mason​

:eek::eek::eek:

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Davies
Capoue Dembele
Lamela Kane Eriksen
Adebayor

Soldado
Townsend Paulinho Lennon
Bentaleb Sandro
Rose Chiriches Dawson Naughton
Vorm

subs: Friedel, Dier, Carroll, Chadli, Ceballos

subs: Archer, Fryers, BAE, Holtby, Mason​

I reckon the second team could get 8th in the league.

Btw Yedlin takes our squad up to 37 now (minus 5 underage and minus 2 out on loan - so effectively 30)

Last edited:
Here's the updated squad in light of the Carroll, Dawson and Fazio moves. 37 players with 5 underage and 3 out on loan, leaving us with 29 players:

Lloris
Vorm
Friedel
Archer - loan

Walker
Yedlin - loan
Naughton
Fredericks

(Davies)
Fryers
Rose
BAE

Verts
Fazio
Chiriches
Kaboul
(Dier)
(Veljkovic)
Khumalo

Sandro
Capoue
Paulinho
Dembele
(Bentaleb)
Eriksen
Holtby
Mason
Carroll - loan

Lamela
Chadli
Lennon
Townsend
Ceballos

Soldado
Ade
(Kane)
Obika

I expect at least 4 out of Chiriches, Townsend, Sandro, Obika, Khumalo and BAE to leave in some form.

I expect at least 4 out of Chiriches, Townsend, Sandro, Obika, Khumalo and BAE to leave in some form.

The obvious ones for me now are:

Sold - BAE, Chiriches, Obika
Loan - Fredericks, Fryers, Mason, Ceballos

I don't expect any more incomings, so think Townsend/Lennon, Kaboul and Paulinho/Dembele/Sandro will get a reprieve

Khumalo won't pass a medical before the window shuts, so will have to remain

Looks like we need to shift out non homegrown before we buy another.

Squad of 23. Maximum of 17 non homegrown players + 6 overage homegrown. 2 spot lefts for homegrown.
4 Brad Friedel
25 Hugo Lloris
13 Michel Vorm

4 Younès Kaboul
5 Jan Vertonghen
6 Vlad Chiricheș
- Federico Fazio
35 Zeki Fryers
2 Kyle Walker
3 Danny Rose
16 Kyle Naughton

15 Étienne Capoue
30 Sandro
8 Paulinho
14 Lewis Holtby
19 Mousa Dembélé
23 Christian Eriksen
7 Aaron Lennon
11 Erik Lamela
17 Andros Townsend
21 Nacer Chadli

9 Roberto Soldado
10 Emmanuel Adebayor

Players who qualify as u21 (born on/after 1 January 1993)
33 Ben Davies
42 Nabil Bentaleb
37 Harry Kane
15 Eric Dier
41 Veljković

Most likely excluded
43 Ryan Fredericks
38 Ryan Mason
44 Cristian Ceballos
32 Benoît Assou-Ekotto
45 Jonathan Obika
36 Bongani Khumalo

Last edited:

I don't expect any more incomings, so think Townsend/Lennon, Kaboul and Paulinho/Dembele/Sandro will get a reprieve

He could pass a medical, it's down to risk assessment. Nobody 'passes' or 'fails' a medical. It's not like you get a score like 90% to pass. Ultimately a report is compiled for the money men, legal people and insurance and they decide if based on the information presented, it's a deal they want to do. So if pre-existing conditions or injuries are identified, it's about risk assessment as to how much of a problem they are going to cause, likely flare-up etc. If we release him from his contract, it makes the risk more worthwhile taking as no transfer fee is being paid.

I think we could well agree to release him.

In the future will Ben Davies come under 'Homegrown'? As technically he has been brought up playing for a club which is in an area goverened by a different FA.

In for a big season, no doubt part of Pochettino's plans, Fazio/Dier are just smokescreeens

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the injury thing is false info from the agent/club, suddenly coming in to the fray, taking the limelight off Ballotelli.

Fredericks to Boro takes us down to 28.

Still think we need to bring in 1 more player (An attacking mid/left sided player). I'd also look to replacing Soldado with a striker too but that can wait i guess. So need to shift 5?

Ekotto
Khumalo
Chiriches
Paulinho
Holtby (loan)

Still think we need to bring in 1 more player (An attacking mid/left sided player). I'd also look to replacing Soldado with a striker too but that can wait i guess. So need to shift 5?

Ekotto
Khumalo
Chiriches
Paulinho
Holtby (loan)

Much as you cannot stand him, Paulinho is going NOWHERE! In all probability, neither is Chiriches.

I cannot see Levy selling any player bought last summer...

Much as you cannot stand him, Paulinho is going NOWHERE! In all probability, neither is Chiriches.

Would you like to put a wager on chiriches going or staying?

If Paulinho stays then sadly it will be Sandro being sold:(

Chiriches played very well today.

The few times the ball got near our defence he was in there, barging the AEL players off the ball, nipping in front of them and stealing it and then to cap it all off he charges down the pitch and gets and assist.

Chiriches, Kaboul, vertonghen and fazio seems like a good mix of physicality and technical skill.

Edit- Ah crap I forgot dier.

Last edited:
Back