• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Yesterday there were tweets saying we never actually contacted Nagelsmann and were never interested in him... fast forward one day and I just saw a tweet saying he's our no1 target and we are still all in on him lol

Why is he your first choice, mate?

At a casual glance, nothing he's done at Celtic seems even comparable to what Rodgers achieved there, and basically no one wants Rodgers.

But I admit I haven't paid much attention to them (and never heard of Postecoglou before he took over there), so would appreciate the details.

Put simply, his personality. He’s exactly the type of manager and person that we need at the moment. We’ve been down the ‘world class manager/tactician’ route and it’s obviously not worked. If the next manager is not Poch, then Ange is the closest thing to him in my opinion. It’s also what separates Ange from Rodgers. Most don’t want Rodgers because he comes across as a bit of a clam, an egomaniac, all about himself (the same reason I’m wary of Nagelsmann.)

Ange would get everyone pulling in one direction. He’ll back the club, he’ll back his players and he’ll make us enjoy Spurs again. ”He’s never done it in a big league” will always be thrown around, but rather than making that our number one criteria, why not find someone who is a great fit for Spurs, our players and the culture we have?

Here’s a couple of other posts I’ve made about him:

https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/commu...t-this-time-edition.11621/page-8#post-1664313

https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/commu...t-this-time-edition.11621/page-8#post-1664329

I’ll also add that I don’t think he will get it. I would have given him next to no chance if it was just Levy and Paratici hiring. Scott Munn’s appointment increasing the chances a bit, not just because of the Australian connection but more so the City Football Group connection. However, I still think we’ll pass on him, he’ll go to a mid-table team, do extremely well and we’ll be scratching our heads as to how we missed out on him.

Last edited:
Put simply, his personality. He’s exactly the type of manager and person that we need at the moment. We’ve been down the ‘world class manager/tactician’ route and it’s obviously not worked. If the next manager is not Poch, then Ange is the closest thing to him in my opinion. It’s also what separates Ange from Rodgers. Most don’t want Rodgers because he comes across as a bit of a clam, an egomaniac, all about himself (the same reason I’m wary of Nagelsmann.)

Ange would get everyone pulling in one direction. He’ll back the club, he’ll back his players and he’ll make us enjoy Spurs again. ”He’s never done it in a big league” will always be thrown around, but rather than making that our number one criteria, why not find someone who is a great fit for Spurs, our players and the culture we have?

https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/commu...t-this-time-edition.11621/page-8#post-1664313

https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/commu...t-this-time-edition.11621/page-8#post-1664329

I’ll also add that I don’t think he will get it. I would have given him next to no chance if it was just Levy and Paratici hiring. Scott Munn’s appointment increasing the chances a bit, not just because of the Australian connection but more so the City Football Group connection. However, I still think we’ll pass on him, he’ll go to a mid-table team, do extremely well and we’ll be scratching our heads as to how we missed out on him.

I like him and I put him 6th on my list behind Poch, Nagelsmann, Gallardo, De Zerbi and Slot.

I like him and I put him 6th on my list behind Poch, Nagelsmann, Gallardo, De Zerbi and Slot.

Never happening. It would be a Christian Gross like appointment in that he's never managed in a major league. Levy would rightly get slaughtered if he appointed another manager without experience in a decent league and he failed

Despite all the debate about the manager, far more important this summer in my view is that we have a decent transfer window

Sign a GK, 1 or 2 CBs and a creative player and then more or less any manager would be able to get us playing far better than we have this season

Not sure that much of that will interest Daniel.

However, it open up the chance for a big push on the Antipodean market…

Despite all the debate about the manager, far more important this summer in my view is that we have a decent transfer window

Sign a GK, 1 or 2 CBs and a creative player and then more or less any manager would be able to get us playing far better than we have this season

Hard disagree. Of course, we need those players but if this season has taught us anything surely it’s that being properly coached is the most important thing. Many of us expected to challenging the top 3 at the beginning of season. Certainly not chasing Saudi Sportswashing Machine with Dan Burn, Callum Wilson et al.

Then there’s Chelsea…

Never happening. It would be a Christian Gross like appointment in that he's never managed in a major league. Levy would rightly get slaughtered if he appointed another manager without experience in a decent league and he failed
By that logic Nuno was more qualified to manage us than someone like Postecoglou or Slot. I think the optics are irrelevant, we just need the best coach possible to enable us to progress while playing good football for a change.

By that logic Nuno was more qualified to manage us than someone like Postecoglou or Slot. I think the optics are irrelevant, we just need the best coach possible to enable us to progress while playing good football for a change.

Completely separate things. Nuno was only appointed as the first [10] candidates had blown us off and we were utterly desperate. We were looking like a laughing stock by getting to the end of June without a new appointment after ditching Mourinho months before. Players were coming back for pre-season training the week after. We just needed someone, anyone,....

I dont think Nuno's appointment is comparable to Postegolou or Slot therefore.

On those two, Postecoglou hadnt even managed in Europe before joining Celtic and has got to the age of 57 without managing in a major league. And is winning the league with Celtic really any sort of achievement? At least Slot has at least done well at two teams in a second tier European league so hasn't just fluked any success and is, potentially, an young, emerging manager

Completely separate things. Nuno was only appointed as the first [10] candidates had blown us off and we were utterly desperate. We were looking like a laughing stock by getting to the end of June without a new appointment after ditching Mourinho months before. Players were coming back for pre-season training the week after. We just needed someone, anyone,....

I dont think Nuno's appointment is comparable to Postegolou or Slot therefore.

On those two, Postecoglou hadnt even managed in Europe before joining Celtic and has got to the age of 57 without managing in a major league. And is winning the league with Celtic really any sort of achievement? At least Slot has at least done well at two teams in a second tier European league so hasn't just fluked any success and is, potentially, an young, emerging manager
Yeah I know - Nuno was the manager equivalent of a panic buy at 10pm on August 31. I have no idea who we should get in but I’m disillusioned with “proven” managers so definitely open to a left-field choice.

Back