• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Apparently he doesn’t speak English very well
And it’s a very substandard CL equivalent
No doubt he has done great things there but this one would be bonkers
And he wants £10m a year ….
Simeone hadn't achieved 1/10th in S. America of what Gallardo has and he didn't turn out too shabby. You have to look past these things. Although Gallardo has never managed in Europe, he is still considered an elite manager. You could question if culturally he might be a better fit in Spain, but you can't question his managerial prowess.

Seems the facebook (I know,) fans seem to be warming to Rodgers being the next manager.

To be fair, as much as he is disliked on here he ticks almost every box. Brings through youngsters, plays attacking pretty football, will use what he has been given and is apparently good with man management.

Obviously a complete bellend though.

We could do worse and tbh I’m sick and tired of people marking candidates down because they are allegedly bellends, pricks or clams.

Its meaningless flimflam in peoples pathetic adolescent minds.

Simeone hadn't achieved 1/10th in S. America of what Gallardo has and he didn't turn out too shabby. You have to look past these things. Although Gallardo has never managed in Europe, he is still considered an elite manager. You could question if culturally he might be a better fit in Spain, but you can't question his managerial prowess.
Few Huge difference here though
Simeone is managing a club he used to play for twice, in a country he knows
Simeone didn’t come to Atletico commending a mega salary
He did come having managed many clubs so had much more variety to his experience
Gallardo really could be anything big not for us when the next appointment has to be 100%

Few Huge difference here though
Simeone is managing a club he used to play for twice, in a country he knows
Simeone didn’t come to Atletico commending a mega salary
He did come having managed many clubs so had much more variety to his experience
Gallardo really could be anything big not for us when the next appointment has to be 100%
Your points appear valid on the surface, but...

Managing a club you used to play for makes the transition easier, but is no guarantee of success. For every Zidane there's a Solskjaer and a Lampard.
Managing multiple clubs, as opposed to just the two Gallardo has also makes no difference. Mourinho managed just 2 and for less time.
The salary is not important and the low demands of Simeone did not make him a better manager. We can afford what Gallardo is asking.

As I said, the one risk I see with Gallardo is the cultural fit. Can he replicate what he did in a South American club with South American players in an English club with multiple nationalities.

Your points appear valid on the surface, but...

Managing a club you used to play for makes the transition easier, but is no guarantee of success. For every Zidane there's a Solskjaer and a Lampard.
Managing multiple clubs, as opposed to just the two Gallardo has also makes no difference. Mourinho managed just 2 and for less time.
The salary is not important and the low demands of Simeone did not make him a better manager. We can afford what Gallardo is asking.

As I said, the one risk I see with Gallardo is the cultural fit. Can he replicate what he did in a South American club with South American players in an English club with multiple nationalities.
I’d add language
And league status and the pressure that comes with it
And even something as basic as environment
All very new for him

Seems the facebook (I know,) fans seem to be warming to Rodgers being the next manager.

To be fair, as much as he is disliked on here he ticks almost every box. Brings through youngsters, plays attacking pretty football, will use what he has been given and is apparently good with man management.

Obviously a complete bellend though.

They will go with what ever the media is putting out.
Positive reposts (like there is at the moment) and they will just follow that narrative.

I know it might not be the most important characteristic in a manager but I do hope whomever is our next manager it's someone that I can actually like and towards whom I can feel some affinity. That's been lacking for too long.

It's a huge part of the job. They will be the public face of spurs.

That is probably the biggest risk of all, and why he won’t get the job.

I know it might not be the most important characteristic in a manager but I do hope whomever is our next manager it's someone that I can actually like and towards whom I can feel some affinity. That's been lacking for too long.

I suspect a lot of players think the same. I’m not excusing some of the pathetic levels of spirit or balls are players have shown, just think it’s human nature (Gary Clail)

It might not be the most important characteristic but I think it's important, especially this time around. There's a growing distance between the team and the fans, a totally different feeling from when Poch was here.
It would be great to have that feeling of togetherness again and I'm sure it helps the team to feel that.

I get that everyone wants a manager they can like as a person but once they fail you will then get the daggers out anyway. Success on the pitch is the most important, not how they are in interviews. I liked Poch but couldn’t stand listening to the interviews as it was boring and a struggle to listen too. I’d take Rodgers if it meant us going back to the “Tottenham way” on the pitch.

He's proved to be a good manager at previous clubs, plays good football, but I just don't like him, totally illogical as I've never met the man, it's the way he comes across in interviews.

I know a couple of people who worked pretty closely with him when he was much further down the footballing ladder. The word ‘prick’ comes up often when they mention him.

It's not really important who we get in, it will not change a thing of how we operate as a club.

The only important thing is that he is a lucky S.O.B.

Last edited:
Back