• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I think Janssen badly need to score a goal soon. The more he goes without scoring the more pressure will be on him to prove his worth to us. He really should have scored the one-on-one chance against Palace. I think it will be better if he works less hard and concentrate more on scoring goals.

I think Janssen badly need to score a goal soon. The more he goes without scoring the more pressure will be on him to prove his worth to us. He really should have scored the one-on-one chance against Palace. I think it will be better if he works less hard and concentrate more on scoring goals.

Get a grip!

Talk about premature over reaction. How many games into the season are we? Should Kane be dropped/flogged (as in sold not whipping) as he hasn't scored yet?

If he hasn't scored by October you may have a point but it is still August for Christ's sake.

I have faith.. Just stuck £20 on him being prem league top goalscorer. Yes he has missed a couple of chances but I have liked what i have seen..

Haha, what an absurd thing to say. You're always so bloody negative. Chin up, he's been excellent so far. He will start scoring eventually.

Bloody hell - he's getting in positions and has started one game. He was excellent in that game and showed more skill, strength and teamwork than soldado ever did. Unlike Bobby if he doesn't score he still is a great asset to have. He looks a real player and will be fine. Calm down dear

He's been bright. That's it, though, and he needs to get the goals under his belt lest the Soldado comparisons start piling in (however unjustified they may be). As a useful comparison with a player deemed too expensive for our tastes, Batshuayi's had 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 sub appearances.

Soldado MK II.
Why we don't get a pacy striker (mane) or tricky attacker (zaha) befuddles me.
Like having two Kanes, when what we need is an alternative game plan

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We could have any number of more pacy options but what's the point if the midfield is not able to provide the creative incisive passing to open up defences.

Why write off Janssen. Lineker took 7 games to score his first goal for us, Berbatov scored 2 in his first 10 PL games for us. Not every striker is going to start off like a Klinsmann. Remember that Soldado and Mido scored in their debuts and where did that get them long term for us

Seriously it's not the strikers, it's the service that's the problem. Kane has masked the general poor service he received by scoring quite a few brilliant goals but even he can't do that every game. Poch's tactics make us a solid hard working side overall but it's at the detriment of being able to be more expansive and creative in the final third.

He's been bright. That's it, though, and he needs to get the goals under his belt lest the Soldado comparisons start piling in (however unjustified they may be). As a useful comparison with a player deemed too expensive for our tastes, Batshuayi's had 2 goals and 1 assist in 4 sub appearances.

2 of which were in the League Cup against Bristol Rovers. Soldado's goals in the Europa League early rounds were dismissed as against inferior opposition yet you are making a comparison with goals against a 3rd Division side?

Yes, Janssen needs goals and probably sooner than he should because the monkeys will be on his back far too early as they seem to be already clamouring crap from the peanut gallery. But give the guy a chance. No goals from Kane, Dele, Eriksen or Dembele yet this season I see.

2 of which were in the League Cup against Bristol Rovers. Soldado's goals in the Europa League early rounds were dismissed as against inferior opposition yet you are making a comparison with goals against a 3rd Division side?

Yes, Janssen needs goals and probably sooner than he should because the monkeys will be on his back far too early as they seem to be already clamouring crap from the peanut gallery. But give the guy a chance. No goals from Kane, Dele, Eriksen or Dembele yet this season I see.

1) Yes, he needs official goals. Against anyone, from anywhere. Off his a*se if necessary, but he needs goals. This is the reality of the situation that recent history has pushed upon any strikers that this club signs. Else, every miss will draw flashbacks from the crowd of the time Bobby missed a similar chance in a similar game. It might be unfair, but it is inevitable, and it has nothing to do with monkeys or galleries or whatever it is you referenced in your post.

2) I say this as someone who thought Bobby's early goals were crucially important, and as someone who earnestly believed he would come good right up until he left.

3) Batahuayi has goals and an assist. They came against Bristol Rovers (save for the assist - that came late in a PL game, I think), but that's still more of a record than Janssen's got so far. Ideally, that needs to be rectified over the course of the next couple of seasons - in an ideal world, one would compare Batahuayi and Janssen's records at the end of a significant period of time at Chelsea and Spurs respectively, and conclude that Janssen was indeed the wiser option. To bolster Janssen's case, however, requires him to score or assist - they all count, after all.

4) Eriksen, Alli, Kane and Dembele have scored in the PL and England more broadly in the past, though, so we know they can do it. Again, not trying to be cruel, but it's a fact that Janssen's had one season scoring in the Eredivisie, a notoriously weak league on par with the Championship at times - such an origin will inevitably raise doubts.

Janssen's been bright, he works hard, looks sharper than the lads around him and has a physicality and sense of grit that bodes well for his chances of not becoming another Bobby, and of proving to be the better acquisition between him and Batshuayi. But he needs to score.

Soldado MK II.
Why we don't get a pacy striker (mane) or tricky attacker (zaha) befuddles me.
Like having two Kanes, when what we need is an alternative game plan

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Seriously? I think he's a great signing, means we dont have to run Kane into the ground like we did last year.

I do agree with you that we also need someone with some pace up top. Liverpool played Mane today in the Lamela/Eriksen roles but then also have the option of putting him through the middle. I think we need someone like that - perhaps N'koudou has the potential to be an option through the middle?

Why does anyone want to play for Spurs? Can't be for the fans as they write you off after a week.

Written off, no of course not.

What concerned me has been his lack of control on the ball and woefull lack of pace especially when he is 'trying' to control the ball.

He is not the answer in matches like today as he is far too off the pace and lacks premier league experience

He must be given time and let's hope he improves.

Last edited:
Back