• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

But we were rumoured to be looking at a left back, so maybe this story is not as gonad*s as it may seem on the surface. I could see Poch going with Davies as his first choice next year, bringing in someone new, and selling Rose for a tidy sum.

The thing is though, Rose and Davies have been rotated throughout the season as have Trippier and Walker. We don't have a nailed down first choice at LB as both offer something different.

I cannot see us bringing in someone new who is an unknown quantity and selling Rose in the middle of one of our biggest season's to date. I also think that Rose like most players will be wary of joining UTD right now as no-one knows what is going to happen there in the next 6 months. Lastly being bought as a stop gap isn't exactly something a player in their prime is looking for.

But we were rumoured to be looking at a left back, so maybe this story is not as cobblers as it may seem on the surface. I could see Poch going with Davies as his first choice next year, bringing in someone new, and selling Rose for a tidy sum.

Eh?
Why do you say that?

Middlesbrough’s move for Blackburn Rovers star Jordan Rhodes is off after they decided not to pursue the deal for the prolific striker.

Middlesbrough agreed a fee in the region of £9million with Blackburn for Rhodes on Fridayand the player was given permission to hold talks with the Teesside outfit on Saturday.

However, after lengthy talks Middlesbrough have opted not to pursue with the deal and the move has now fallen through.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/middlesbrough-pull-plug-on-bid-to-sign-jordan-rhodes

Somebody asking for ridiculous wages?

I've watched Rhodes live a few times and I would question whether he has the mobility that Poch would expect. I've purposefully said it that way (as opposed to "he's slow as fudge" or the like) because I do rate him and his other assets like his finishing are absolute quality.

fook this striker search crud....lets just go all in and get big Kyle Lafferty in for six months!

getting fed up now! please excuse the meltdown.

Eh?
Why do you say that?
If we can get £25m for Rose and assuming the rumors we've looked at young left backs are true, then it would be good business. Bring in a young talent without compromising first team quality. The only issue would be lack of depth in the position. It's just a theory, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Back