• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Seems like it. Literally.

Just the agent playing the game I think. He's a fantastic talent, but isn't hyped up as much as some comparable talents are at his age. Drumming up a bit of interest with other clubs, showing Spurs that he's not desperate to sign etc.

That's the way I see it at least.

Can't say that Bentaleb seems like a prima donna at all.

You may be right and I have no idea if any of it is true, but IF it is he needs to come down a peg. And he may not be hyped up outside the club but from what I have heard and seen from some Spurs fans is that he is a amazing player.

You may be right and I have no idea if any of it is true, but IF it is he needs to come down a peg. And he may not be hyped up outside the club but from what I have heard and seen from some Spurs fans is that he is a amazing player.

You obviously hear and see a lot of accurate stuff then, because he is ;)

But obviously not quite long enough to recognize true class when you see it... You'll get there, don't worry ;)

I have been around long enough to see some hyperbolize over our young players that's for sure, there have been a long line of them and most of them are in the lower lgs now. Bentaleb may be one who goes on to be real class but only time will tell.

Quotes from the lad himself. I'm not arguing that he demands a payrise, but coming out and talking about the potential suitors he has on the table is just a bit much at this time. If players out of the youth setup are going to start with this brick then I think I may have to give up on football. Honestly, promoting from within the ranks is literally the only hope we have of getting anywhere and if that fails then we all need to just support one of 3 teams.

This looks like a rehash of quotes from his agent not from the player, but either way it needs sorted!

its not a rehash, it looks like a separate interview and anyway the journo Henry Winter is one of the most respected and he wouldnt put his name to an article that wasnt genuine from a content point of view

id say out of all our top young players this lad will leave first, but the time isnt now. So Levy should give him a very decent contract, get him signed up, and lets progress with him for the next couple of years

sort it

The fact is that if we want quality players, we have to pay the wages.

No matter if we have promoted them from our youth setup or not. If we wont pay them, they will go. We make a profit from the sale.

Can't blame a player that wants more than 15-20k pr week, if he performs. Age is irrelevant in football, quality is everything.

Not paying is a false economy, how much would it cost to replace? Not just in money terms but in terms team integration. Also what kind message does it send out to other academy players.
The side is of course the club shouldn't be held to ransom.
A dilemma

pay him whatever he wants !! it's not like he is asking 150k a week . He is a star in the making, and vital to our team.

Hehe yeah I can see that,but as I said, he is not asking "out of this world wages" . I don't see a problem giving him 50-60k a week, Ithink he deserves it . And we are flogging out some big paychecks this summer (Soldado,Paulinho, Ade , Capoue etc etc ) .

Bentaleb is in my mind our most important player except Kane. Our team would collapse without him, he is the only CM that is good in our squad even though we have a million of them .

I don't want to lose Bentaleb, and start buliding our midfield from scratch once again .

Why not pay him slightly more than Mason.
That should be the yardstick.
He cannot expect to be paid the same as Hugo, Erickson, Kane etc.

Maybe a rolling increase is the way to go with his pay increasing year on year based on targets. I'm sure we can sort this out in a gentlemanly fashion without having to drag it out through the press though. I hate that way of doing business.

Back