• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Because I would suggest that Levy isn't thick as pig crude to offer him less than Mason and Kane. Do you think Levy is that stupid? Common sense.. Yes/No?

What makes him think he is better, is because he is holding out for more than what's on the table.

What makes you think Bentaleb is holding out for MORE money than Kane and Mason?

Can you not understand what I wrote. I said it would be my belief that Levy isn't a bellend and offer less than what was offered to Kane and Mason, and I certainly do not think he should be offered more. But because he hasn't accepted, he must be asking for more or he would have signed the fricken contract!

Can you not understand what I wrote. I said it would be my belief that Levy isn't a bellend and offer less than what was offered to Kane and Mason, and I certainly do not think he should be offered more. But because he hasn't accepted, he must be asking for more or he would have signed the fricken contract!

Well, i think it's just as likely that Levy might have actually offered less to Bentaleb than those other two. And it's also my belief that Bentaleb wants the same, or at least felt he should have been offered the same thing at the same time.

Well, i think it's just as likely that Levy might have actually offered less to Bentaleb than those other two. And it's also my belief that Bentaleb wants the same, or at least felt he should have been offered the same thing at the same time.

Well its my belief that you think Levy is a bellend. :D :p

What makes you think Bentaleb is holding out for MORE money than Kane and Mason?
I read some article in the news (note: that doesn't mean I believe it - the media is almost as bad as internet ITK) that claimed Bentaleb was offered the same as Mason. However, Kane was given a higher salary and Bentaleb wants to be paid the same as Kane (i.e. more than Mason).

I don't know if any of that is true; but if it is then I don't have a great deal of sympathy with Bentaleb. I don't think he merits the same pay rise as our first 30-goal striker in almost a quarter century. Personally I think he's a better player than Mason, but it makes sense he be offered roughly the same as his midfield partner... he has yet to do enough to warrant much more than that (IMO).

I read some article in the news (note: that doesn't mean I believe it - the media is almost as bad as internet ITK) that claimed Bentaleb was offered the same as Mason. However, Kane was given a higher salary and Bentaleb wants to be paid the same as Kane (i.e. more than Mason).

I don't know if any of that is true; but if it is then I don't have a great deal of sympathy with Bentaleb. I don't think he merits the same pay rise as our first 30-goal striker in almost a quarter century. Personally I think he's a better player than Mason, but it makes sense he be offered roughly the same as his midfield partner... he has yet to do enough to warrant much more than that (IMO).

If that is true, i would broadly agree with you.
However, think about it for a second: you break into the first team under Sherwood and get rave reviews, but no pay-rise (not that this should be a given btw).
You see Mason also break into the team, many months LATER than you and then earn a new contract BEFORE you. Why?
I'd probably be tinkled off at this if it was me. But the main question is why would Mason be offered the contract after a shorter time having broken into the first team?

You see Mason also break into the team, many months LATER than you and then earn a new contract BEFORE you. Why?
I'd probably be tinkleed off at this if it was me. But the main question is why would Mason be offered the contract after a shorter time having broken into the first team?
As far as I know he was offered a contract at the same time as Mason... it's just Mason was happy to sign quickly. There was a direct quote from him in the media saying this negotiation has been going on since last year.

If that is true, i would broadly agree with you.
However, think about it for a second: you break into the first team under Sherwood and get rave reviews, but no pay-rise (not that this should be a given btw).
I'd probably be tinkleed off at this if it was me. But the main question is why would Mason be offered the contract after a shorter time having broken into the first team?
This broadly agreeing is getting out of hand.

As far as I know he was offered a contract at the same time as Mason... it's just Mason was happy to sign quickly. There was a direct quote from him in the media saying this negotiation has been going on since last year.

Hmmm...whilst i think he should have just signed, he (or his agent) may (legitimately imo) ask, "why did i have to wait longer than Mason before offered a contract"?

Hmmm...whilst i think he should have just signed, he (or his agent) may (legitimately imo) ask, "why did i have to wait longer than Mason before offered a contract"?
Maybe there's an internal schedule within the club, and all contract negotiations kick off at the same time? But - again, based on media stories - he doesn't seem to have a big issue with *when* he was offered the contract (given that he's already dragged the negotiations out for 8 or 9 months) but *how much* he's being offered.

Maybe there's an internal schedule within the club, and all contract negotiations kick off at the same time? But - again, based on media stories - he doesn't seem to have a big issue with *when* he was offered the contract (given that he's already dragged the negotiations out for 8 or 9 months) but *how much* he's being offered.

Hmmm...not looking good in any way...let's hope it's all paper and bluser and he signs ASAP.

i think he probably feels why is he busting his a$$ every game, playing well, and being offered 30k a week whereas players like Paulinho, Capoue, Chiriches by and large sit on their backsides and if they play are completely rubbish but still get paid 40-60k a week

forget his age, lack of experience. He is a PL class player, an international, has world cup experience. He has been given his chance and has grabbed it with both hands and proven himself. Why in this day and age would he accept the reputed 30k a week offer. After 9 months of negotiations if that is the offer still on the table then he has every right to be disappointed.

Also, imo he deserves more than Mason, he has performed consistently better and is a more talented player.

I am sure that if we sold Bentaleb and tried to sign a replacement, that player would be offered more than 30k a week and probably wouldnt even be as good as Bentaleb.

I think I must have read different quotes from bentalab than the rest of you, not sure why everyones worried based on the quotes linked on the other page.

Last edited:
I'm not a stat man, but would like to see a few stats on him regarding things like break ups, tackles won.. lost, passes ary. In comparison to others. He really isn't someone that WOWs me when watching him, I don't see a huge difference in our performances when Stambouli is in.. Its my belief that the biggest problem is protecting the defence and that does start with Benteleb.

Btw.. he didn't WOW me at the world cup either.

I hope Levy's on top of this. Surely he sees that the costs of losing Bentaleb outweigh his relatively modest wage demands. To be honest, I think it isn't about Bentaleb's wage demands being too high, per se: I suspect it has more to do with the rapid rise in wages for the likes of Kane, Mason and now (potentially) Bentaleb in the past year. Their wages aren't at all taxing to the club individually, but a parts of a trend, they could influence the likes of Onomah, Winks and Edwards (and by extension, most of our youth-teamers) and turn them towards the expectation of higher contracts than are usually the standard for players of their age.

Now, I obviously don't have to mention that I find that almost laughably cheap and simultaneously enraging, but in terms of where Levy's coming from with this seeming reluctance to give Bentaleb what most of us seem to agree is a deserved wage rise...that could be it.

No doubt at least the player/agent and the club will have competing interests.

Like you say these things can add up, there's also the issue (as I've stated repeatedly) of leaving ourselves room to increase his pay once or twice more in the future to make sure we're in a strong position again when he improves from where he currently is and the super clubs come asking.

It might also not be an issue of just salary. In all this there might be agent fees, there might be release clauses and of course the length of contract (and Levy optional years) +++ to be considered. No real way of knowing from the outside what the sticking point is.

I'm not happy with the comment about big clubs (CL clubs) being interested. Whilst that's a valid bargaining position it sounds nothing short of a thinly veiled threat when made public. Certainly not what you'd expect to hear from a player dedicated to the cause.

I think Levy is just playing hardball in the knowledge that he has the upper hand but I've never been a fan of players that take their contract disputes public.

I think it was fine. He is flattered by interest, he's being asked directly I think. Obviously there are competing interests between the club and the player/agent here. I'm not seeing this as him making a huge public stir (like Sterling), but rather what has become a pretty standard negotiating tactic in world football these days. Wish it wasn't so? Sure. Blame Bentaleb for doing what so many others are doing when it seems to work? Nah.

I would suggest that Kane and Mason signed there deals because there heart is at Tottenham, whereas, is Benteleb's.. truly.

Talks started 9 months ago, probably the same time as Mason and Kane's. I would not be surprised if all were offered the same. But for some reason Benteleb believes in his grandeur.

Take the deal being offered or me as a fan could not give a fcuk if your gone tomorrow.. I really couldn't give a rats ar$e. Players like this are macarons for wanting more.. more.. and more.

If you don't like what's being offered.. just fcuk off, I don't care.. past caring. Bring in the next in line if need be and when they hit 20 years old, see if they accept the deal. ( I like the look of Onomah and Winks so bring them in)

Disagree completely. Keeping Bentaleb as long as possible should be one of our top priorities.

It's a negotiation. Just like I wouldn't expect Levy to just offer what is being asked I wouldn't expect Bentaleb and his agent to just "like what's being offered".

I think we just need some patience and let this work itself out.

Hmmm...not looking good in any way...let's hope it's all paper and bluser and he signs ASAP.

3 years left on his contract at least. Some now claiming 3 years + and additional year option. Levy really is excellent at this stuff, let him do his thing. Bentaleb seems happy at the club for now and extremely ambitious.

Would be good to have it sorted by the time the season starts, even better by the time pre-season gets properly going. But honestly right now I would expect Bentaleb to be a professional regardless.

I'm not a stat man, but would like to see a few stats on him regarding things like break ups, tackles won.. lost, passes ary. In comparison to others. He really isn't someone that WOWs me when watching him, I don't see a huge difference in our performances when Stambouli is in.. Its my belief that the biggest problem is protecting the defence and that does start with Benteleb.

Btw.. he didn't WOW me at the world cup either.
He's the 6th best midfielder in the league for interceptions per 90.
18th most successful passes per 90.
22nd most accurate (on average).

None of these sound great but few players were popping up in all of these sections - he's not a stand out player at any one thing (yet) which is probably how he manages to stay under the radar.

But, when you restrict the stats to those who are 21 and under it's a different story.

He has the most accurate passes per 90, with the 3rd highest accuracy.
He's 5th best in assists per 90 (not bad considering I can only restrict stats to "midfield" so many others will play much further forward).
He's 2nd best in tackles per 90 and aerial duels won per 90.
He's top in interceptions per 90 and blocked shots, 2nd in clearances.

He may not be the best midfielder in the country and I know some consider the term "all-rounder" to be an insult (I don't) but this kid is posting defensive stats along with the best young midfielders in the country at the same time as matching the passing stats of some of the best young attacking midfielders in the country. This kid is a real talent.

Last edited:
Back